Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

"Life changing" decisions and moments..

Search this Thread

Old 30 April 2008, 11:33 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Life changing" decisions and moments..

aint they great.
I have just made a big step and paid some money to learn something new.

The past few days, selling the scooby, buying a few odds and sods inc a sensible car for mum, and now this tuition..... everything feels SO bloody good right now...

Im sure there is a storm brewing somewhere, but for now, the immediate future for me..

Return to work (for the first time in 08) hopefully in just over a weeks time.
Holiday in 58 days time, 2 weeks in Florida
Massive reduction in monthly outgoings.
Sensible car to cart mum about in
Learning something new to pave a road for my future

What was it James Brown said.... I feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel good
Old 30 April 2008, 12:05 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Glad to hear it.

Les
Old 30 April 2008, 12:40 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Keep up the good work

Always look on the brightside of life too
Old 30 April 2008, 12:49 PM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

What you learning Snazy?
Old 30 April 2008, 01:00 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Well done, Snazy

Lately I did something to change my life too. I gave up smoking big style this time. I feel million times better
Old 30 April 2008, 01:06 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

What schooling have you invested in Snaz?

Ive recently made similar changes, sold 1 car, broke the other for parts and selling the 3rd. Cycled all year to work and back to keep my fitness up and starting a career break as of the 1st of June for a few months to travel around Central America on my own (scary but exciting) Not felt this excited about life for quite a while.
Old 30 April 2008, 02:57 PM
jono_pryor11
Scooby Newbie

Its always good doing these things especially if its something you want to do.

Five years ago i sold pretty much everything i had including my scoob and rally cars and made the decision to go to uni as a mature student. Im graduating in 2 months got good job prospects and havent regretted a second of it.

If anyone else is considering something then Go for it. It better to have a hard time for a short while before getting on with a life you want rather than plodding through with the status quo and regretting not taking a chance.
Old 30 April 2008, 03:02 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

dont forget to add the weight loss and a possible perving session at new neighbour
Old 30 April 2008, 03:06 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Love the positive vibe happening here, well done to all doing something with themselves and feeling better for it
Good one on the smoking. I know a few who have done that recently, good on ya

As for the learning... Im learning how to drive Bizarre, but in reality, learning how to teach.
The past few months off work have given me so much time to consider whats right for me, and right now, and for the future, I think its this. So gonna give it 110% and see where I go

Some will mock, others will question, a few might even doubt, but only 1 need have the faith...... and thats me

Dave, sounds like we have a lot in common right now mate Hope you are enjoying it all as much as you hoped you would.
Old 30 April 2008, 03:08 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SwissTony
dont forget to add the weight loss and a possible perving session at new neighbour
And the lovely cuddly furry doggie
Oh and celebrating 5 years with the missus

2008 aint so bad after all. Major downside I guess is mum being diagnosed. But in a strange way, its "nice" that its brought us closer together.
Old people, they can be irritating, but most of the time its nice to find out who my mum REALLY is
Old 30 April 2008, 03:11 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jono_pryor11
Its always good doing these things especially if its something you want to do.

If anyone else is considering something then Go for it. It better to have a hard time for a short while before getting on with a life you want rather than plodding through with the status quo and regretting not taking a chance.
Could not agree more. Only pain point for me is the fact I have been off 5 months now, and could have done so much in that time. But on the flip side, getting fit and healthy again, weight and op etc, its been an important 5 months, and given me plenty of time to consider my next more.

On my new lease of life I am determined to do anything and everything I want to do, whatever the price. Silly holidays, dangerous activities, and the occasional risky decision, like the one I just took.

Live for the moment eh
Old 30 April 2008, 03:14 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Good stuff, hope it all works out for you Michael
Old 30 April 2008, 03:16 PM
markr1963
Scooby Regular

Aug 24, 2004:
Left UK to move to OZ. Took me 6 weeks to get there visiting Canada, Hawaii and New Zealand then Sydney for a week before moving to my current home town, Perth.
Not looked back really despite a slow start contracting doing very low level IT work (RAM replacements etc). Being prepared to do that stuff (still am if the need arises) whilst being a wee bit over qualified paid off. Perth is a small place in the grand scheme of things and word gets around. I'm now a permy for a national company earning around GBP15k more than my previous job in the UK. All in I am much better off, the life style is more relaxed though it's not all a bed of roses: stupid speed limits, **** traffic cops to name a few.

The life changing decision happened somewhat earlier but the moment was stepping on to the plane at LHR bound for Toronto.

That said I'm back in Blighty for some warm (proper) beer in just over 2 weeks.
Old 30 April 2008, 03:21 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markr1963
Aug 24, 2004:
Left UK to move to OZ. Took me 6 weeks to get there visiting Canada, Hawaii and New Zealand then Sydney for a week before moving to my current home town, Perth.
Not looked back really despite a slow start contracting doing very low level IT work (RAM replacements etc). Being prepared to do that stuff (still am if the need arises) whilst being a wee bit over qualified paid off. Perth is a small place in the grand scheme of things and word gets around. I'm now a permy for a national company earning around GBP15k more than my previous job in the UK. All in I am much better off, the life style is more relaxed though it's not all a bed of roses: stupid speed limits, **** traffic cops to name a few.

The life changing decision happened somewhat earlier but the moment was stepping on to the plane at LHR bound for Toronto.

That said I'm back in Blighty for some warm (proper) beer in just over 2 weeks.
Mark........ congratulations mate, thats an impressive few steps. Well done for having the ***** to take them

Dave, cheers mate, im seriously hoping things work out too. Main aim here is to get some income, get some control over my life, and most of all be available for my mum whenever she needs me during this hard time for her. Right til the very last day
Old 30 April 2008, 03:43 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
As for the learning... Im learning how to drive Bizarre, but in reality, learning how to teach.
I wish you luck. A friend who did that said the positives were mainly around perving at 18 year olds Downside is that your life is in the hands of someone who can't drive.

Steve
Old 30 April 2008, 04:01 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boxst
I wish you luck. A friend who did that said the positives were mainly around perving at 18 year olds Downside is that your life is in the hands of someone who can't drive.

Steve
lol I guess thats one way of looking at it. Living on the edge eh. As for the perving, I got my neighbour to perv at, and the missus too, I got all I need lol.

many thanks.