Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ebay non payers

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2008, 10:41 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay non payers

What is a reasonable time to allow payment on an item won before informing Ebay admin.
My listing ended three days ago and i still havent received payment
I always pay instantly and don't bid if i know i'm not going to be around to pay when the item ends.
Nik
Old 17 April 2008, 10:44 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I waited 4 days the other day. Ebay seem to think you should wait a week inc sending a reminder invoice.
Then you can start looking at filing a non payer thing, and about 3 years later if you can still be bothered, you can file to have your listing fees refunded.

Im the same, I watch what im bidding on and pay almost straight away.
Ebay is not for everyone, and I wish the unreliable would **** off!
Old 18 April 2008, 08:36 AM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

TBH you have to give a week as they may be on holiday, ill or something else to me a week is reasonable.
Old 18 April 2008, 09:15 AM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

I always pay within a day and wish others would do the same!

I had a lady take a week to pay last month. Her excuse was that her father had died! You never know whether that is the truth or a rather poor excuse but incase it was correct, I couldn't leave bad feedback. She didn't give me any feedback either!

Steve
Old 18 April 2008, 09:39 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve Sherwen
I always pay within a day and wish others would do the same!

I had a lady take a week to pay last month. Her excuse was that her father had died! You never know whether that is the truth or a rather poor excuse but incase it was correct, I couldn't leave bad feedback. She didn't give me any feedback either!

Steve
Agreed mate, its not hard. You see something ending in 6 days, know your going on holiday in 4 days, either dont bid, or contact the seller explaining before you go!

As for people leaving feedback. A guy took a week a couple of weeks back to pay me £5! As soon as he did, I posted it. Couple of days later after it was delivered he leaves me feedback, and sends me a message saying how he has left me feedback, now will I please leave him some !!
He is hurrying me to call him a slow payer and bad communicator.... ok then
Old 18 April 2008, 09:48 AM
paul w
Scooby Regular

I sold something last month,guy mails me a few days later says cheque was on way 2 weeks later nothing,i mailed him a couple of times no reply so offered a second chance to other person,luckily he did'nt take it and then the first guys cheque turned up just as the 2nd chance finished.No comms or anything and what is it with these muppets you buy stuff off asking you for feedback when they hav'nt even left you any when you paid instantly and completed your part of the deal at that point.
Old 18 April 2008, 10:05 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paul w
I sold something last month,guy mails me a few days later says cheque was on way 2 weeks later nothing,i mailed him a couple of times no reply so offered a second chance to other person,luckily he did'nt take it and then the first guys cheque turned up just as the 2nd chance finished.No comms or anything and what is it with these muppets you buy stuff off asking you for feedback when they hav'nt even left you any when you paid instantly and completed your part of the deal at that point.
I think a seller should have to leave feedback as soon as they receive payment. Too many hold out leaving you feedback until you have left them good feedback. Just incase you pay perfectly, they send you crap, and you DARE to complain or leave them negative for being crap!

A lot of the things on Ebay suck pretty bad to be honest, and Ebay could easily make it fairer, but then they would lose out. Aint gonna happen.

My suggestions.
Buyers paypal status available while bidding is live.
Sellers to leave feedback on reciept of payment.
Automated info left on feedback, communication, payment etc easily done.
Toughen up spoof bidding accounts, and revamp the claiming of spoilt auction fees. i.e £3000 for a nokia phone, no one is ever gonna pay it, why do you have to wait 14 days to see!
Toughening up of user accounts. They can do it on the Paypal side, why not that ebay account side..... oh thats right, they make too much money from spoilt auctions, scammers and other such.
Old 18 April 2008, 11:22 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Snazy, the reason most sellers dont leave fb on payment is a) scammers who try and reverse the payment, b) people who knowing fb has already been left try and extort the seller into getting a discount, refund or free stuff and mainly :

c) Bad fb doesnt hurt buyers at all - you can get as much negative fb as a buyer as you like, and simply dump the account and open a new one. Ebay do very few checks on buyers ( as they dont want to put them off ) so anyone can do.

But as a seller negative fb can damage your account, and its much harder to set up a new selling account, especially if you are a business seller. Ebay are also starting to tailor the search results towards sellers with the best feedback, so if you happen to get a few muppets leave you negs, you can end up with your items for sale on the 10th page of the search results.

Ebay will also restrict sellers ability to list if they get too many negs in a month.

Basically feedback is supposed to reflect the whole transaction - just because a buyer pays straight away doesnt mean they arent going to become a complete PITA once they get the item, or that they arent a scammer using someone elses credit card.

Ebay is getting into trouble though - most of their income came from business sellers on the site, and Ebay made it less and less attractive for them, so lots have just set up their own websites instead.

Ebay tend to forget that the buyers arent their customers, they dont pay Ebay anything, its the sellers who make them their money, and if they alienate enough of them to leave then the site will just end up as an online car boot fair with people selling off their old tat and stolen mobile phones.