Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Post Office query

Search this Thread

Old 11 April 2008, 06:39 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Post Office query

I've posted a small item to Holland on the 25th March and the guy has come back and said he still hasn't received it.

i've got proof that the item was posted via the post office but didn't get any insurance.

What can i or the post office actually do in the case of tracking it (which i don't think is possible).

cheers
Paul
Old 11 April 2008, 06:43 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Basically nothing - if you didnt insure it or send it by a trackable method then there isnt any way they can find it.

Are you sure the bloke you sent it to is honest ? A lot of people ( in particular on Ebay ) see anything sent to them that doesnt need signing for a freebie and will claim it hasnt arrived, knowing that you cant prove it one way or another if it wasnt tracked.

I only ever send orders recorded or international signed for, and its amazing how few things go missing compared to when I sent them standard post !
Old 11 April 2008, 06:50 PM
Ghetto Dude3
Scooby Regular

best to send it signed for if available, anything that is not signed for is liable to be nicked, or it might be in a hidden secret bunker with half my xmas presents from last year

reminds me that i`m still waiting for a copy of need for speed underground 1 for my ps2 (3/4 years ago? lol)
Old 11 April 2008, 06:55 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

For UK you can claim max 100 x 36p with proof of posting. I assume that applies for overseas destinations as well. Was it something that would have gone through a letterbox? If not the recipient could ask his local PO where it might have ended up?
Old 11 April 2008, 07:10 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff
Basically nothing - if you didnt insure it or send it by a trackable method then there isnt any way they can find it.

Are you sure the bloke you sent it to is honest ? A lot of people ( in particular on Ebay ) see anything sent to them that doesnt need signing for a freebie and will claim it hasnt arrived, knowing that you cant prove it one way or another if it wasnt tracked.
That's what i'm thinking as it was an ebay sale (he has 1 negative post about something that was sent to him 'We posted item day after payment. Delivery delay to Netherlands not our fault.')
i'm thinking the worst as i've recently sent an item to Norway,Belguim without any problem.

David it was basically a small cd case so could fit through the door.
Old 11 April 2008, 07:19 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think the recipient may be trying to pull a fast one.

I appreciate that it costs a bit more, but sending international is generally a safer bet, when using a courier.

UK Courier Services, Express Parcel Delivery & International Shipping

Just don't use the City-Link option. According to my customer services manager, we're crap at international.
Old 11 April 2008, 07:31 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

Dont bet on recorded being better. I've had 2 non deliveries in 1 week which were sent recorded after ebay auctions.

All the items I have ever sent non-recorded have got there. I suspect there are thieving posties who think that recorded items are worth something

And claiming via the royal mail is a f****** nightmare.
Old 11 April 2008, 07:53 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

What problems did you have with claiming Rossyboy?
Old 11 April 2008, 09:38 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

The problem I had was that the person dealing with the claim tried every way he could to avoid paying out. A bit like insurance companies. They dont make it easy to find the lost item claim process and its even worse trying to get money out of them.

It was nearly 2 years ago that I tried to claim, but despite sending in the recorded delivery receipt plus a copy of the ebay auction end screen (which he asked for), I heard nothing back despite several attempts to chase it up. This was only after their 15 working day, lost item rule had passed . Because it was only worth about £20, I figured it wasn't worth the effort any more.

This time is going to be different. I will get my compo if it means writing to the chief exec
Old 11 April 2008, 10:03 PM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

It used to take around a month for me to post or receive anything from the UK when I lived in Holland. I dunno how many things I've posted over time but that was pretty much par for the course.
Old 12 April 2008, 12:15 AM
scoobyster
Scooby Regular

It took three weeks for a small package to reach me in NL from the UK a month or two ago. I had given up hope too!
Old 12 April 2008, 11:15 AM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

funny most of my items come from holland
Old 12 April 2008, 11:33 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate
funny most of my items come from holland

That's because i bet customs take a good look at stuff coming from Holland

thanks for the replies i wonder why there seems to be a problem with postage to and from Holland.