Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2008, 12:36 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why men don't write advice columns

letter set to 'Ask Ted' the local Agony uncle

Dear Ted,
I hope you can help me here. The other day I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't gone more than a mile down the road when my engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help. When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in the bedroom with a neighbor lady making mad passionate love to her. I am 32, my husband is 34 and we have been married for twelve years.
When I confronted him, he tried to make out that he went into the back yard and heard a lady scream, had come to her rescue but found her unconscious. He'd carried the woman back to our house, laid her in bed, and began CPR. When she awoke she immediately began thanking him and kissing him and he was attempting to break free when I came back. But when I asked him why neither of them had any clothes on, he broke down and admitted that he'd been having an affair for the past six months.
I told him to stop or I would leave him. He was let go from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. I don't feel I can get through to him anymore.
Can you please help?
Sincerely,
Susie Fox

************************************************** * RESPONSE BELOW ***************************************
Dear Susie,
A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the clips holding the vacuum lines onto the inlet manifold for air leaks.
If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the carburetor float chamber ..
I hope this helps.
Ted
Old 04 April 2008, 12:41 PM
jimmyv
Scooby Regular

as good as the other one about the guy noticing the oil leak when hiding behind his car spying on his missus.
Old 04 April 2008, 12:52 PM
New_scooby_04

If that was a REAL man providing the advice he would have claimed the car cutting out was due to her crap driving!
Old 04 April 2008, 01:20 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Or it could have just run out of petrol........

What a plonker

dl
Old 04 April 2008, 01:44 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Or it could have just run out of petrol........

What a plonker