Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Save the world, eco policies, CO2 etc

Search this Thread

Old 24 March 2008, 10:04 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Save the world, eco policies, CO2 etc

Ok, lets save the planet, driving at 15 mph in low CO2 sh1tters, not smoking, not drinking, paying all our money to the cretins that think it all up.

Or, why don't we say f*ck it, lets take our chances and see what happens, drink smoke, f*ck, fight, compulsory V8 ownership, no diesels, no organic farming or free range, eat sh1te and ENJOY LIFE.

Save the planet, what the F*ck for, enjoy it, and then throw it away, at least it will have been FUN as at the moment like the sensible teetotaller that gets cancer and dies at 40 we will probably get hit by a Metrorite in a final ironic scenario anyway.

Who say the species should continue, generally people are ***** to each other !

So, I will stand for election with my RED policies, complete antithesis of the Green ones.
Old 24 March 2008, 10:13 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

well I will vote for ya, as long as you make it illegal to fit catalytic converters to cars registered before 2099
Old 24 March 2008, 10:14 PM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem is that all the eco-stuff is fair enough BUT it's down to human population. Population of the planet today 6bn. Forecast by 2040 9bn - i.e. 50% higher. i.e. there's sod all we can do that won't be more than out-weighed by population growth - we are a closed system (the Earth) with finite resources (we passed the "bio-capacity" of the planet in the mid-80s).

There's nothing we can do to rescue the planet without the introduction of a healthy number of cheerful massacring dictators. So let's crack on and enjoy ourselves before the population collapse happens
Old 24 March 2008, 10:16 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Can you imagine what would happen if everybody took the green option to take public transport tomorrow morning
Old 24 March 2008, 10:21 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by dpb
Can you imagine what would happen if everybody took the green option to take public transport tomorrow morning
yeah no body would get to work and nobody except your employer would notice, the gov certainly wouldn't notice, as all the MPs would still drive, they may notice the roads are slightly emptier but would never work out why.
Old 25 March 2008, 03:36 AM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gordo
The problem is that all the eco-stuff is fair enough BUT it's down to human population. Population of the planet today 6bn. Forecast by 2040 9bn - i.e. 50% higher. i.e. there's sod all we can do that won't be more than out-weighed by population growth - we are a closed system (the Earth) with finite resources (we passed the "bio-capacity" of the planet in the mid-80s).

There's nothing we can do to rescue the planet without the introduction of a healthy number of cheerful massacring dictators. So let's crack on and enjoy ourselves before the population collapse happens
Nothing will save our planet unless some new taxes are introduced. These taxes will be used to stop our Sun from destroying the Earth.
Old 25 March 2008, 09:06 AM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

You're forgetting that more tax will end the war in Iraq too no doubt
Old 25 March 2008, 11:20 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

I can't wait for 'Red Dwarf' tax to announced soon, I mean the sun has only got 5 Billion years left, best start preparing