Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Noisy Muppets At The Flicks....

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2002, 04:56 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i went to see Vanila Sky yesterday (ok, bit to clever for its own good but nice to see Tom looking like the elephant man for a change), anyway i sat in front of two tools that kept guessing the next word of script at a dramatic pause...eg Tom says "sophia....I..." and muppet dives in with "love you"- Tom says "care about you" and muppet says "ahhhh" as though that would have been his second choice.

muppets were not doing this to annoy or as a game between themselves- this was the sort of mummbling you might do if sat at home watching a flick.

my previous flick had been Behind Enemey Lines (cool, Top Gun opener took me right back to 1986), anyway to muppets behind me then were unable to read the subtitles and so mouthed them outloud like some 5 yr old at playschool reading to a teacher!!!!!!

these people do my head in!!

going to flicks? obey the rules!

1. no adverts on just pre-film music......chat all you like
2. adverts start........chat a bit but wind it down please
3. previews start........ shut up and make sure your crisp are eaten before the movie starts

4. film starts........MOUTH SHUT

Tiggs

ps- what is it with ppl jumping up and leaving as soon as the credits role??? they're as daft as ppl getting hand luggage ready when the plane starts its final approach- sit still and shut up- 30 secs is not gonna kill you but kicking the back of my chair as you rush for the exit when im checking the cast might well get you killed!

edit too add that Toms Mustang sounded like it had swallowed 3 scoobs and a evo for breakfast!

[Edited by Tiggs - 1/25/2002 4:58:55 PM]
Old 25 January 2002, 05:33 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

This kinda thing annoys me.

Worst has to be USA cinemas, yes they really do whoop and scream at the screen! I've seen it first hand. weird.

I've come very close to 'having a word' with someone whilst watching a filck, mainly as the ***** kept knocking the back of my chair.

Old 25 January 2002, 06:32 PM
Jerry*
Scooby Regular

Angry

Tiggs,

I know what you mean m8 !!

There's a new cinema in Bradford that I have been to a few times that is like a mobile phone exhibition when the films are on !!

They're all over the place.... Phones ringing all over the theatre and when they are answered, instead of the owner being all embarrassed and quickly turning his phone off, he/she sits there gabbing away, "How are you mate ?!" etc... Really f**king annoying !!!

I can't tell you how many times I have been told to calm down by the missus in fear of us both getting chucked out 'cos I've chinned some ignorant b**tard !!

I won't be going there again !! Don't some people realise how rude they are !?!

Grrrr..

...ah that's better !

John

p.s. Might go see that Vanilla Sky thingy.. looks quite good !!
Old 25 January 2002, 06:40 PM
Little Miss WRX

Wink

Markus,

I can sympathise with you there, I have been to Florida three times now and each time I ventured to a cinema, I found it a little on the annoying side when the whooping and screaming started. LOL
Old 26 January 2002, 11:37 AM
MarkJackon
Scooby Regular

It can get a little intimate in the standard seats at a Multiplex, im 6ft and 16 stone, I got this greaseball sta next to me litterally leeching the odour of ****, booze, garlic and BO.

I could smell it on my coat after, yuk.

And it was Moulin bloody Rouge.
Old 26 January 2002, 01:33 PM
Kosy
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Guys you think that is bad!!??!!

Here at uni in the cinema its unbelievable....
They clap and cheer when James Bond first comes on screen
They bloody clapped when the goodie kills the small things in the Mummy 2
In Hannibal the screams that were going off, sounded like they came from "Nightmare on Elm Street".

It must be because of all the bloody ya's and Americans that are here!!!

Even worse when you unwittingly go to the cinema with a bird (you know what you are looking for.. aiiii ) and she ends up being a flipping clapper and cheerer! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Nutters.... you do get used to it unfortunatly though.

I mean if i went back to Edinburgh and started cheering etc i would end up stabbed!!

Old 26 January 2002, 02:12 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

if you ever get stabbed in scotland just send them down to Reading- i'll pay their ticket to sit near me

Tiggs
Old 26 January 2002, 11:47 PM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

Agree with all the above. I hate going to the cinema these days.. it's usually a pair of 15yr old girls with more "attitude" than manners that spoil it.

Last year, a couple of girls were sat 5 rows infront of me, making a bit of a noise, and I thought "Phew, glad I'm not near them, they'd drive me insane". .. next thing I knew, they figured the row behind me was nice and empty so decided they'd swap seats. They chatted away, talked about the plot of the film and made very loud noises with their sweet bags (by law, all sweets sold at a cinema should be in a carton, not a bag). After several "SSSSHH !" comments and a few Paddington stares, they weren't getting the hint.. in fact, I think they turned bag-scrunching into a sport.

So I emptied my popcorn tub onto the floor, stood up, grabbed the sweets from both of them, emptied them into my popcorn bucket and handed it back to one of them, muttering "NOW BE QUIET!".. Not a peep was heard from then on

(Sorry, to be racist, but I agree Americans are dire in cinemas, or worse.. stage shows.. saying "gee, that's awesome", "man, that's a sight" when everyone else is shutting the f... up and just enjoying it)

[Edited by DavidBrown - 1/26/2002 11:48:49 PM]
Old 27 January 2002, 10:31 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
The inablility to stay quiet is spreading like a plague nowadays. I see it every day both at work and in my leisure time. Now don't get me wrong I can talk for England, but was always shown that I have two ears and one mouth.

35th birthday tomorrow, premature old git syndrome or what!!
Old 27 January 2002, 08:07 PM
MarkJackon
Scooby Regular

Youngsters today, you can get a McFlurry for 99p at McDonalds you know, dont know they were born.

My old Fella (54) came round today telling me that on his evening walk two lads waliking towards him dropped their chip papers on the ground, so he asks then to pick then up, they tell him to **** of so he grabs a milky drink off one of them and tips it on their heads, best they could come back with was "You old ******"

he then walks off and puts the container in the bin where they dropped their chip papers.

Now thats one for clean up britain, a new logo instead of stick man dropping paper in the bin, a middle aged man tipping chocolate milk on a youths head.

Could have easily got a kicking though.
Old 28 January 2002, 12:16 AM
Steve Williams
Scooby Regular

Don't go to the cinema too much now.....

But a year ago (about) was watching a movie with my wife, behind us was a group (4 of them) of 17 or 18 year old "lads".....
They kept knocking my wifes seat, and rustling paper etc...
I asked them (politely) on about 3 occasions to stop it, but they didn't....
So I got up, turned around and told them that (in no uncertain terms) if they continued to do it then when the film was finished I would go outside with them and "show them what I mean by STOP".

They got up and left as soon as the film finished (before the credits could roll) and I thought they would be waiting for me outside, was all ready for a ruck, but they were nowhere to be seen......

Sometimes kids/ youths just need a good talking to, don't seem to get it from their parents anymore

(My god I am only 35 and talking like my dad!!!)

Old 28 January 2002, 12:19 AM
Steve Williams
Scooby Regular

Also had the US cinema experience...

Went to see Independence Day, in a small cinema in a small town.... bad choice on both counts.....

Lots of screaming/ cheering.....
Kids running up and down the aisles for the whole film....

Some of the "families" even brought packed lunches
Old 29 January 2002, 06:08 AM
sasman
Scooby Regular

JESUS, this makes me fume thinking about it. Chair kickers, talkers, finger suckers, "YES i said finger" but the worst of all, the COUGHER. If you feel that crap don't come out and spread it everwhere. Had one of these all the way through blackhawk down and it seems to start others off around them. It may have been a girl but you still want to knock them out. Saw the Mexican at 3 in the afternoon and it was completely empty, now that was bliss and the film seemed brilliant, so funny, was it! or just the joy of having no idiots in the same room as me. Ones enough anywhere.
Old 29 January 2002, 06:14 AM
scoob_dood
Scooby Regular

Best screen I went to last was at the UCI in Leicester square. Screen 5 I think, it's like someone's living room, only about 20 seats - it was an afternoon showing so was almost empty as well.

- Jon
Old 29 January 2002, 07:01 AM
CRAFT
Scooby Regular

Angry

Mobiles are defo the worst these days, and smokers(no offence to the smokers). On a lighter note, a couple of amusing incidents happened at our local. A phone goes off in the middle of the film, young lad starts talking "yeh, I'm in the cinema, pretty good film"[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img], the person in front of him stood up, turned round and snatched the phone from him, said "he'll call you back" and then threw his phone down the front towards the fire escapes, everyone clapped and cheered, and 'SHE' took a bow
Some 20 somethings decided to start throwing popcorn at each other
, and it kept hitting the people a couple of seats down, so the person who it was landing on, got up, took the full bucket from them and tipped it over one of them, then he just walked out, came back 5 mins later with another full bucket, and tipped it over the other person, I nearly wet myself, genius

CRAFT
Old 29 January 2002, 08:24 AM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

Smile

Worst case I've had of someone muttering and talking was from an old couple who felt the need to say "Splendid" and "Goodness" all the way through Tomorrow Never Dies

Went to see Speed as well - why did everyone cheer when the bus landed after jumping the missing section of freeway? Not exactly the most convincing of stunts. Mind you, I don't think I've ever been on a bus that has even managed 50mph before

Where did you go Tiggs? Not been to the Showcase at Loddon Valley but really liked the Warner Village at the Oracle in Reading - nice and comfy seats as standard and loads of leg room!
Old 29 January 2002, 08:30 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

i was at showcase, funnily enough i've never been to the oracle (shops or cinema) despite living in earley- i HATE shops!...but might try the cinema if its good.

Tiggs
Old 29 January 2002, 08:39 AM
camk
Scooby Regular

best bet is go in the afternoon when its quiet, at night its just too bad. I saw a great ruck one night in ABC in Glasgow(Goodfellas), guy getting annoyed with youths behind, starts arguing, one of the youths spits on the guy and about 3 other older guys(unconnecetd to each other) from around the cinema all steam in and kick the **** out of the young guys, call the usher guy and they young spitters get kicked out. Superb.

Cheers
Cammy
Old 29 January 2002, 09:29 AM
Bin Laden
Scooby Regular

excellent - there's nothing like instant justice!
Old 29 January 2002, 09:37 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Angry

Kill them, kill them all [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Just kiddin
Old 29 January 2002, 09:37 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!