Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone been to Marbella/Puerto Banus

Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2002, 05:00 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Got the chance of an apartment over there in the summer hols. Just want to know what things like beaches,restaraunts etc are like. Only ask as I aint been to Spain before. whats best flights to get, Charter or Scheduled, roughly how much will they cost.

Chip.
Old 24 January 2002, 05:20 PM
Ray T
Scooby Regular

Chip,
you'll love it, puerto banus is top notch with prices to match ( drinks etc )the best bits are set around the marina lots of resturants bars etc great for people and car watching.

you can fly into malaga or gibralta a cab fom either is £30/40 so its best to hire a car for a week you looking at £120 ish.

there's also a water taxi that goes between banus and marbella great views and not to bad on prices.

have a great time.

ray t
Old 24 January 2002, 06:26 PM
Luke
BANNED

It will cost you......... leave the ladies alone ,their all top ruski totty.Wake up with a large overdraft!!
Old 25 January 2002, 01:22 AM
stevie c
Scooby Regular

Wink

Brilliant place,tho the marina area is expensive for spain.

Ray,Gib is alot further away than Malaga Airport,have you got your geography right?

Enjoy your hols mate,you'll love it,but I would recommend flying in to Malaga,also if you go thru Gib there are heavy restrictions on the amount of drink/tobacco you can take out.

Steve
Old 25 January 2002, 02:50 PM
Ray T
Scooby Regular

steve,
theres not much in it between the two airports maybe 10/15 mins more for gib depending on the traffic (road works were bad last september when i went).

ray t
Old 25 January 2002, 07:07 PM
Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

Chip, my parents live out there!! About 1 mile away from Puereto Banus, have spent almost last 15 years going there & what a fantastic place....

Flights are really cheap, parents just got plane ticket £42 each (& they were returns) I'll speak to them tomorrow evening & find where they got them from...but I don't think it was SAGA!!!!

If you play Golf, there are 27 international golf standard courses!! But you must play Monte Mayor "you need ***** to play this".

Cut through a mountain some of the holes are breathtaking! Elevated tees & this lulls you into a false sense that you can make it in one from every hole...until you try...

Some of the old places like Ronda, San Pedro, are magnificent for restaurants, good food & cheap dining. Though I would recommend the bull ring market at Marbella (1500 meters) from the Pureto Banus. It's good, especially for a haggle & tey & visit a live bull fight....if you're real luck a matador will get speared!

As mentioned it is best to hire a car as a taki from Malaga to Marbella is around £55 (ouch) & with a car you can go down to Gib which if you collect swaroski crystals is a bl00dy cheap buy & cigrettes are well cheap! Go to Tescos for your booze mum did a survey for me & found a bottle of Lagavulin 50 pence cheaper than every where else in Southern Spain!!!(Mothers hey???)

Any more info you need let me know!! or e mail me!
Old 25 January 2002, 07:10 PM
Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

About the ladies...this phrase should help "Quanta questa?" (how much). Many 1 st class hookers but it will cost you & watch out. The spanish have 3 police units & the gardia civil are noted for picking drunken english lads up in the van, pasting them with there truncheons & dropping them in the middle of nowhere (yikes!!!)
Old 25 January 2002, 07:34 PM
thecirsch
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Went there afew years ago, nice place and as others have said nice prices to match.

Knowlsey, have they still got the Ferrari showroom there?? If so did they manage to stop you licking the windows

Ed