Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Shockingly bad drivers

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2008, 12:43 PM
HPLovecraft
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shockingly bad drivers

Driving home from work last week and some dozy tart pulls out in front of me on the roundabout causing me to veer violently to the right to avoid hitting her. My hand goes to the horn, jolting her out of her conversation on her mobile phone

But she doesn't end the conversation - she just hunkers down and continues as if nothing had happened. I feel my eye begin to twitch, face reddening and have to take several deep breaths to calm myself, both from the near-miss and the attitude of the other driver. I stay behind her for several miles (rushden to MK via olney) and all the time the phone never once leaves her ear. You can imagine I'm getting pretty irate.

Anyway we enter Olney - I slow to 30 but she keeps on at ~35 pulling away from me slightly. We approach the zebra crossing and there is an old guy already hobbling across so I slow down ready to stop - but the mobile idiot keeps right on, almost plowing into this guy who is in the middle of the crossing now and does his best to jump back. She must have only missed him by a foot or so. The poor old guy shakes his fist, then his head and completes crossing, waving thanks to me and the driver on the other side of the road. The vein in my temple is now throbbing - but what can I do ? I toy with the idea of reporting her to the boys in blue, but know that in this day and age thats probably just a waste of time, and they prob couldnt do anything anyway. So I continue on, said car has turned off so is no longer in front of me, and get home safely in one piece.

It worries me, both for myself and the safety of missus and kids, that there are thousands (hundreds of thousands?) others like this on the road driving around everyday, and frustrates me that I can do nothing about it.

Anybody else feel the same?
Old 04 March 2008, 12:47 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

No not at all, we all drive very safely on our heavily policed roads and all is hunky dory
Old 04 March 2008, 01:57 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

******* woman driving, what did you expect?
Old 04 March 2008, 02:01 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HPLovecraft
Driving home from work last week and some dozy tart pulls out in front of me on the roundabout causing me to veer violently to the right to avoid hitting her. My hand goes to the horn, jolting her out of her conversation on her mobile phone

But she doesn't end the conversation - she just hunkers down and continues as if nothing had happened. I feel my eye begin to twitch, face reddening and have to take several deep breaths to calm myself, both from the near-miss and the attitude of the other driver. I stay behind her for several miles (rushden to MK via olney) and all the time the phone never once leaves her ear. You can imagine I'm getting pretty irate.

Anyway we enter Olney - I slow to 30 but she keeps on at ~35 pulling away from me slightly. We approach the zebra crossing and there is an old guy already hobbling across so I slow down ready to stop - but the mobile idiot keeps right on, almost plowing into this guy who is in the middle of the crossing now and does his best to jump back. She must have only missed him by a foot or so. The poor old guy shakes his fist, then his head and completes crossing, waving thanks to me and the driver on the other side of the road. The vein in my temple is now throbbing - but what can I do ? I toy with the idea of reporting her to the boys in blue, but know that in this day and age thats probably just a waste of time, and they prob couldnt do anything anyway. So I continue on, said car has turned off so is no longer in front of me, and get home safely in one piece.

It worries me, both for myself and the safety of missus and kids, that there are thousands (hundreds of thousands?) others like this on the road driving around everyday, and frustrates me that I can do nothing about it.

Anybody else feel the same?
Take it from me - the police will not act on this sort of thing.
Old 04 March 2008, 02:02 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack

I had a young girl in a saxo driving so close to my bumper yesterday on the way to work that i honestly thought we were going to touch. Having someone glued to my back bumper never phases me but i have never seen anyone get that close.

We were on a dual carriage way in the fast lane and I was in my 106 diesel. It looks like a shed and i think she was trying to bully me out of the way so she could pass. But it was rush hour and we were following a whole line of cars at 70. In the end she tries to undertake me only to meet a truck in the slow lane. She tries to carve in front but I don't budge so she is forced back behind me only to drive even closer.

I swear, one tap of the brake and she would have hit me.

Eventually I needed to get in the slow lane to turn off so she ended up passing me on my right. I stared right at her but she looked straight ahead.

Just imagine if she had acted like that to a less assertive driver. She would have succeeded in bullying them into the slow lane.

stupid dumb f**k
Old 04 March 2008, 02:29 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan W

Just imagine if she had acted like that to a less assertive driver. She would have succeeded in bullying them into the slow lane.

stupid dumb f**k
Not really the point there.. I think forcing someone over is the least of other drivers concerns !!
Old 04 March 2008, 02:41 PM
jimmyv
Scooby Regular

come to Birmingham and see the sh!te we have to put with, truely unbelievable, every day is like running the gauntlet, and seems to be getting worse
Old 04 March 2008, 02:47 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jimmyv
come to Birmingham and see the sh!te we have to put with, truely unbelievable, every day is like running the gauntlet, and seems to be getting worse

LOL I have a special driving tactic for driving in Brum: Every man for himself.

Give a inch they take a mile.

And I bet half teh cars I get tangled up with in the backstreet suburbs (Ladywood, Bordesley Green etc) aren't insured properly (well, at least not for the driver driving it).
Old 04 March 2008, 03:01 PM
jimmyv
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shark Man
LOL I have a special driving tactic for driving in Brum: Every man for himself.

Give a inch they take a mile.

And I bet half teh cars I get tangled up with in the backstreet suburbs (Ladywood, Bordesley Green etc) aren't insured properly (well, at least not for the driver driving it).
Damn right
and you can pretty much guess which cars arent insured properly. What really p***es me off is when mrs [generic name] or her husband do something totally stupid/selfish/downright dangerous, and are totally oblivious to the honks, swearing and flipping of the bird.
Man i cant wait till rush hour home time
Old 04 March 2008, 03:30 PM
mykp
Scooby Regular

I walk a lot round town cos driving is pointless in Macc, it takes longer to drive to the town centre than walk, but boy is it dangerous.

almost plowing into this guy who is in the middle of the crossing now and does his best to jump back
have had this happen to me, Woman in a range rover, nearly ran over me and my dogs at a pedestrian crossing where the light was on red. Didnt stop even when I hit her car with the dogs stick!

Second incident where I almost got run over was another woman driving a BMW X5 whos journey must have been important as she'd mounted the pavement to drive over it and then drive round the corner on the pavement. I was stood on the edge round the corner waiting to cross over. She didnt stop either, maybe she was late taking her little ba$tards to school.

Some people are just downright pig ignorant and a danger to others on the road and what always amazes me about people who drive 4x4's is that these things might be safe if you hit something but you must be more likely to hit something as the stopping distance on these must be greater than normal motors?
Old 04 March 2008, 03:33 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Quite funny really as Ive spent the last month or so cycling to and from work and the amount of drivers who think they can overtake me at the last minute before wanting to turn left onto another road straight after is amazing. Idiots
Old 04 March 2008, 03:48 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Just drink and drive and you miss all this nonesence
Old 04 March 2008, 03:59 PM
jimmyv
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by what would scooby do
Just drink and drive and you miss all this nonesence
must be where im going wrong
Old 04 March 2008, 04:07 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by jimmyv
must be where im going wrong
Absolutely, just don't get the foam up yer nose when you knock people over on zebra crossings
Old 04 March 2008, 04:17 PM
jimmyv
Scooby Regular

lol im no amateur, waste not want not.
In the words of Richard Hammond
"I am a drinking god!"
Old 04 March 2008, 04:32 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

The poor old guy shakes his fist
Where were you driving through? The Beano?
Old 04 March 2008, 04:41 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
pmsl
Old 04 March 2008, 04:46 PM
bish667
Scooby Regular

what concerns me is that my girlfriends gran is learning to drive (60 ish) and I know she will be a danger on the road. She got a lift in my WRX before and would really **** herself when I would overtake, even if i didnt drop a gear,use any boost or even go over 60mph! Now how is she going to manage driving I dont get it

So manay people shouldnt be allowed to drive, if she ever gets a license im never getting in a car with her driving.
Old 04 March 2008, 09:34 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

There should be a simple test to see if people's mentality qualify them to drive a vehicle on a public road:

Put them in a scienario where they are driving a car (without DSC/ASC or ABS) and a 12ton truck is heading straight for them.

If they freeze in panic or lose control: FAIL

If they swerve to avoid and keep in control: Pass

Last edited by Shark Man; 04 March 2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04 March 2008, 10:03 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
fkin awesome, tea everywhere.
Old 04 March 2008, 10:10 PM
gazza-uk
Scooby Regular

I would make learnes drive @ 70mph, if they cant then I would fail them...

Also I would ban any car with an engine size under 1.5litre from using lanes 2 & 3
Old 04 March 2008, 10:48 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by hutton_d
I know the problem with women drivers ...
Driving to work this morning on the motorway, I looked over to my left
and there was a woman in a brand new BMW doing 100mph with her
face up close to the mirror putting on her eyeliner!!!!

Shocked, I looked away for a couple of seconds and when I looked back
she was still putting on the makeup but drifting halfway into my lane!!
It scared me so much (and this coming from a bloke....) that I dropped
my electric shaver, which knocked the bacon roll out of my other hand.
In all the confusion of trying to straighten up the car using my knees
against the steering wheel, it knocked my mobile from my ear, which fell
into the coffee between my legs, causing it to splash and burn BIG JIM
AND THE TWINS, causing me to scream, which made me drop the cigarette
out of my mouth, ruined my shirt and DISCONNECTED AN IMPORTANT CALL.

GRRRRR - Women Drivers!!!!!!!

Dave

Well, it makes a change from seeing a bloke with his finger up his nostril, right up to the knuckle having a right old rake about. Finding something, investigating it, then looking around wondering where to put it

One of these days, I will wind my window down and ask if they found gold yet, Christ
Old 04 March 2008, 10:54 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Lee, you calling yourself Christ now?

When did this change come about? You didn't mention bleeding palms when flashing your clevage at xmas
Old 04 March 2008, 10:55 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Originally Posted by 84of300
Well, it makes a change from seeing a bloke with his finger up his nostril, right up to the knuckle having a right old rake about. Finding something, investigating it, then looking around wondering where to put it

One of these days, I will wind my window down and ask if they found gold yet, Christ
Or raking out their lugholes, and taking the time to study the untold treasure they have found before chewing it to determine it's vintage

Oh and the amount of males who drive along with a newspaper on their steering wheel... bleedy men
Old 04 March 2008, 11:05 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
Lee, you calling yourself Christ now?

When did this change come about? You didn't mention bleeding palms when flashing your clevage at xmas

Can they not bring out a law that bans blokes from serious nose picking whilst driving, it's rank
Old 04 March 2008, 11:06 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by little-ginge
Or raking out their lugholes, and taking the time to study the untold treasure they have found before chewing it to determine it's vintage

Oh and the amount of males who drive along with a newspaper on their steering wheel... bleedy men
Or the classic, ar$e scratch. You can tell the way they shift themselves
Old 04 March 2008, 11:09 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

True, it is. Even worse when the dirty ***** sample it!!!

Hey, we're not all smelly and dirty, but there's lot out there that think nowt of not washing for a week.

I interviewed a 'lady' today who admitted to not bathing for 7 weeks. I'd have guessed at 12 weeks. Dirty ******.
Old 04 March 2008, 11:10 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Hey, we're not all smelly and dirty, but there's lot out there that think nowt of not washing for a week.

I interviewed a 'lady' today who admitted to not bathing for 7 weeks. I'd have guessed at 12 weeks. Dirty ******.
HOw in the hell did you get her to admit that?
Old 04 March 2008, 11:11 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

eeeeeeewwwwwww, Have this, it might help with the next one

Quick Reply: Shockingly bad drivers