Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

pissed off with bt

Search this Thread

Old 22 January 2008, 06:47 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pissed off with bt

i've been with bt broad band now for 3 years.but from june 07 bt started charging me for a dial up connection as well but i've never been a dial up customerwhen i ring them up they promise to give me my money back and cancel the dial up.which they dont do.so when i ring them again they give me the run around telling me its another department problemsi was thinking of going to see a lawyer or stop the direct debit.what the scoobynet massive reckon
Old 22 January 2008, 07:07 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Good luck, I cancelled with them after being without broadband for 6 weeks.They sent me a BT homehub which I promptly sent back. Then months down the line I found out they were still charging me for broadband
I cancelled the direct debit and they threatened me with legal action took me hours on the end of the phone being passed departmant to department to sort it out.
Old 22 January 2008, 07:46 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

1) cancel the direct debit
2) write to them, don't call. Calls are a pointless waste of time that will do you no good in a court of law
3) don't yield.
4) if they want to take you to court, let them.

(can you tell I have had dealings with them?)

Firstly they will have to prove that you took out an account with them. That means some sort of signed agreement. Its not for you to prove that you don't have an account with them, its for them to prove you do.

Did you sign something? Have they got a recording of your voice ordering something? If not, their case will fail in the first 5 mins.
Old 22 January 2008, 07:59 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Luminous
1)

Did you sign something? Have they got a recording of your voice ordering something? If not, their case will fail in the first 5 mins.
This is where they tried to do me, I rang up cancelling because they were a ueless bunch of ******* when it came to customer service.
Few weeks later a package turns up, sign for it (how the heck did I know what it was) when it came to ringing up saying I had cancelled, they try to say because I have signed for the package I have agreed to a new contract
Old 22 January 2008, 08:05 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

i've just sent a email to their complaint department.the next one's in writing.just been on to ofcom with a email.
i've never signed (or a voice recording) anything for dial up only for broad band which i've got to say i've never had a problem.
so i'll see how it go's.maybe i should blog this so everyone know what a bunch of ar*eholes BT are.
Old 22 January 2008, 08:07 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

anyone who has experienced the displeasure of their phone system needs no further information
Old 22 January 2008, 09:53 PM
B-B
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luminous
anyone who has experienced the displeasure of their phone system needs no further information
Agreed - I spent half an hour or more last night on their technical help phone line. Was a bloke in India who was more concerned with me teaching him some English word meanings. He couldn't sort the problem either - just told me to spend more money on an ethernet connection!!
Old 22 January 2008, 10:51 PM
CooperS
Scooby Regular

I hate BT with a passion

That is all
Old 22 January 2008, 11:08 PM
Odds on
Scooby Regular

Had the same with them.

When I finally got them to agree we'd go our separate ways, do you think they took the marker off my line to allow me to get another provider?

As mentioned, I'd do it by writing not calls if I was in the position again.
Old 22 January 2008, 11:10 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by CooperS
I hate BT with a passion

That is all
Move along nothing to see here

I was going to make a reference to "The Devil wears Prada" but that would make me deeply deeply sad.

MY WIFE MADE ME WATCH IT!!!!
Old 24 January 2008, 02:51 PM
petey
Scooby Regular

I have had BT complete (hub and wireless) top dollar one.
we wanted the free vision box but was told no as we don't have a good enough connection!!!
Old 24 January 2008, 02:58 PM
petey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by B-B
Agreed - I spent half an hour or more last night on their technical help phone line. Was a bloke in India who was more concerned with me teaching him some English word meanings. He couldn't sort the problem either - just told me to spend more money on an ethernet connection!!
We can provideings faster internet provideings'ings
Old 24 January 2008, 05:01 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

BT are ****, i ahve option3 broadband and a phone line with them, the bloke on the phone said 40 quid a month, which i agreed to!

3 months later, without warning the directdebit changes to 53 a month, and their explantion was "according to your last 3 months bills, we predict your usage in the next 3 to exceed your payments so we have altered directdebits accordingly"

How does that happen if my broadband is unlimited and i used 2.38 woth of calls using the landline in 3 months?

After lots of shouting at various customer service managers, its now 38 a month!

What sort of company PREDICTS your next 3 bills? Why cant they just bill you at the end of the month like everyone else!
Old 24 April 2008, 04:33 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

well i thought i'd got this sorted but no bt are still charging for both again.but this time i managed to get hold of their complaints department phone number (08007312762) you need a ofcom ref number if anyone would wish to ring them. let see how it goes this time