Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Urgent advice needed - Younger Polish Girlfriend now trying it on.

Search this Thread

Old 03 January 2008, 12:16 AM
SleeperSy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Urgent advice needed - Younger Polish Girlfriend now trying it on.

Hi Guys and Girls,

I need your advice - not sure if any legal begals are on forum - but im desperate.

Ive got major probs with my GF.

I own an engineering company in East London, as many people have bought parts from me will know.

My Girlfriend of about 10 months is making me sick with stess. I got devoriced two years ago, and a year ago on a stag do, I met a girl in Warsaw on a Stag trip, she was 24 and I was 44 at the time, but we really hit it off and she moved in with me in London a few weeks later.

Anyway, she always said I did not love her, so I made her a 25% partner in my business to prove I did. She came to my work and met everyone - and after a while- she said she was bored and would come to my work. She convinced me that my administrator of 4 years was not up to the job, so I sack my adminstrator and gave the job to my polish GF.

That 6 months was the best time of my life - all my friends were envious that I had such a fit GF, but after about 6 months my GF started acting funny and spent 4-5 nights a week with her Polish friends in North West London.

Things seemed fine for 6 months or so, but all of a sudden she left me, I called her but she never returned my calls or came to work. I was gutted to say the least.

On Friday 21st December she came to my work with 3 Polish Guys, when I first see her, I was so happy - but she had a look of hatred on her face.
Anyway - I let her in, and the 3 other Polish guys - two of them looked a bit aggresive.

They gave me a document from an English Solicitor stating that as she was my common law wife she was entitlied to 50% of my business, and as I had already signed over 25% - she was the major shareholder - she had certain rights over the business.

I tried to contact me solicitor and accountant, but it was near the Christmas break and they were all gone - I called the police and they said tha its a civil matter and they could not help.

I tried to get the Polish guys to leave in the hope I could reconcile with my Polish GF but one of then got violent and said he was her real BF!, anyway they wanted a set of keys for the business and I refused. Fortunately one of my regular customers came in and he's a big lad, and we got rid of them. I agreed the solicitors sort it out in the new year.

I went to work this morning to find the locks have been changed and some of the staff loyal to me have been sacked and My ex GF with her cronnies had been there since new years day - I contacted the Police and they said it was a civil matter if she is shareholder.

This business is my lifes work, as those on scoobynet who know me will understand that. My solicitior is on leave until the 7th. Any advice until then would be most helpful.

sleeper.
Old 03 January 2008, 12:23 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

There is a difference between "owning" & "entitled". Sounds like she owns 25% & MIGHT be entitled to 50% all in ie not 25 + 50 to give 75%. Go see a lawyer fella. If in doubt deny everything ... I'd also insist the Police get involved as she can't lock you out can she! Doubt that she can sack anyone either as she's only got 25% at the mo.

TX.

"They gave me a document from an English Solicitor stating that as she was my common law wife she was entitlied to 50% of my business, and as I had already signed over 25% - she was the major shareholder - she had certain rights over the business."
Old 03 January 2008, 12:24 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Not true about the common law wife thing, you need to call the police if the business is registered in your name and someone is taking over. And get a different solicitor NOW.

As for the rest of it .... wow. People are horrible sometimes. I'm really sorry.

Steve
Old 03 January 2008, 12:29 AM
SleeperSy
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys - just get the feeling ive been an old fool.

part of me keeps hoping thou.
Old 03 January 2008, 12:35 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

... you gave her 25% of your business to prove you loved her..

I'm sorry man but that's a bit silly!! I cant offer any legal advice but I would suggest beating yourself around the head with a large heavy object!

I think you've been done my friend.

Or this is a wind up
Old 03 January 2008, 12:36 AM
Nido
Scooby Regular

Can you not round up lots of big mates, get a locksmith to open the changed locks and sit and wait for them to turn up in the morning, then tell them where to go. They can't claim ownership just like that, it would have to be done legally.
Old 03 January 2008, 12:44 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pimmo2000

I'm sorry man but that's a bit silly!! I cant offer any legal advice but I would suggest beating yourself around the head with a large heavy object!

I think you've been done my friend.

Or this is a wind up

Love does strange things I guess
Old 03 January 2008, 12:44 AM
Odds on
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately its not uncommon.

I contracted a company to do some work on my behalf as we were too busy. They, without my knowledge, sent a Polish gang along. When I turned up, I caught 1 of them trying to load equipment into there van. Then I got a phone call from the QS telling me they'd been in the office and offered their services direct. Apparently they were quite pushy.

They all reckon they're part of some sort of Mafia back home. They're not. Stand your ground with them and they'll move on. Don't let it go on to long, it needs nipping in the bud asap.

I don't think solicitors will mean much to them btw.

(Inclined to think wind up aswell though )
Old 03 January 2008, 12:45 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

gutted for you!

but I can only really echo whats been said above (apart from pimmos post of course )

you should take note of what steve and nido have said, id certainly not allow her to do that, the alternative is to hire some heavies (security guards) if you can afford to?

james
Old 03 January 2008, 12:48 AM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

ouch not good.

Not really the same circumstances. But my cousin was seing a girl & finished with her. She aparently didnt have any were to go so he continued too let her live in his house.

Later found out she did have alternate accomidation, but on advice the of a solicitor was trying to hang on for 12 months. Then she would have had a legal claim of a share to his house & buisness.

He sharply booter her out and as it was a few weeks short of the 12 months so she wasnt entitled too a penny.

Hope everything works out for you seems like shes taken you for a ride.

If the joke of a british legal system is on here side, send the buisness under incurring debts before buggering off & leaving her in the ****e

Last edited by ScoobyDriverWannabe; 03 January 2008 at 12:51 AM. Reason: ed
Old 03 January 2008, 12:50 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Is the OP well known for wind ups

TX.
Old 03 January 2008, 12:55 AM
LegacySTi
Scooby Regular

as above

hire heavies..........

the initial cost will pay for itself..
Old 03 January 2008, 01:03 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LegacySTi
as above

hire heavies..........

Agreed - the police are feckin useless sometimes!!!

Get the biggest nastiest looking geezers you can find and get them to change the locks and **** them off, even though the police insist its a civil matter i personally feel what they are douing is illegal and they are up to no good - in which case they wont ring the police and if they do being the main shareholder you are wink wink employing a few local joiners to change the locks ahem i mean carry out essential maintanence work.

i know its easy for us to sit here typing out advice but honestly you need to get tough and sharpish!!!!

(a few big blokes with ski masks and a some sledgehammers usually does the trick)
Old 03 January 2008, 01:07 AM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SleeperSy
Thanks guys - just get the feeling ive been an old fool.

part of me keeps hoping thou.
TBH I think you have been. She saw you as a quick ticket to the UK, and security. I also believe "man and wife in common law" is an urban myth. Seek sound legal advice if I were you.
Old 03 January 2008, 01:20 AM
DJ Vinyl Ritchie
BANNED

Very silly indeed !

You should have tried thinking with your big head and not your little one.

A 25% share as a token of your love for her? 'kin hell you should have seen that coming. That 12inch double ended d!ldo you bought her as a gift, is now being used on you - without lube.

DJ Vinyl Ritchie..........If she has a young polish friend [female] needing employment, send her my way.....I have a position or two for her
Old 03 January 2008, 01:20 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LegacySTi
as above

hire heavies..........

if you dont know where to go for this, feel free to pm me I know people that maybe able to help or they may point you in the direction of others that will help no matter what.

james
Old 03 January 2008, 01:22 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Take the man up on his offer - if the police wont help then you will have to sort something yourself

nice one James
Old 03 January 2008, 01:28 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

I'm sure i've read something like this somewhere else before but since it's christmas i'll not call wind up - yet...

Sack her for gross misconduct. She even allowed to be a director in the UK? How good is your brief?

To get the wedge she needs to prove she contributed. Remember Heather divorcing McCartney ain't getting 50%. Plus it needs to be a lot longer than 4 months so get some big blokes in and tell them to **** off. For 25% they can keep the use of their leags and or teeth. Also get yourself some cctv in the office, put a sign up and hide the cam, that way you can have them done for extortion/fraud etc if you want.
5t
Old 03 January 2008, 02:16 AM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by pimmo2000

I'm sorry man but that's a bit silly!! I would suggest beating yourself around the head with a large heavy object!
I think beating her to within an inch of her Polish life would be more appropriate . .

. . . .I never could getmyself to trust the poor ones . .

Cheers!!
Old 03 January 2008, 03:05 AM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Rustle up 50-100 SN'ers and take back your business. Must be easy that many in East London. Cmon guys, you know you wanna help Might be a laugh!
Old 03 January 2008, 07:09 AM
bibo_boy
Scooby Regular

Don't think Sy is the type of person to do a wind up!!!!!!!!

I'm gutted for you, but personally I'd go the route of geeting a security team to change the locks again.

Don't let her ruin the business!!! I'd also sack your legal team as you should be able to get hold of them 24hrs a day!

I really hope you get this sorted.

Ian
Old 03 January 2008, 07:36 AM
davey21wagon
Scooby Regular

mate just say who the hell is this women to the police and have her removed

say her documents are fake which ENTITLE or wotever her to half the business job done
Old 03 January 2008, 08:23 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by SleeperSy
They gave me a document from an English Solicitor stating that as she was my common law wife she was entitlied to 50% of my business, and as I had already signed over 25% - she was the major shareholder - she had certain rights over the business.
1. There is no such thing as a "common law wife" so she is entitled to the square route of **** all... (fancy giving her 25% )

2. Get a lock smith & do the same to her...

Its an old trick of forcing you out of your business, you need to be MORE forceful if you intend to keep it

Well if she's that bad post a few pics up then
Old 03 January 2008, 08:33 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

This is very much like an episode of Auf Wiedersehen Pet.

Barry and his Russian Girlfriend.
Old 03 January 2008, 08:35 AM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Well I firstly agree with the picture request

Sorry to hear your plight I also think in th eyes of the law common law has to be longer than 4 months I would imagine a couple of years at least.

I hope you ge tit sorted out, the situation sounds alot worse than it probably is because you have no legal team to contact due to the time of year.

Keep faith and it'll be ok.
Old 03 January 2008, 08:39 AM
MJW
Scooby Senior

She's entitled to whatever it is you gave her - a 25% share of the business. The 'common law' wife thing is a fallacy, there's no such thing in legal terms, which leads me to believe this solicitor's letter is nothing more than a smokescreen.
I'd liquidate the company, and start it up again but you really need some professional legal advice first.
Old 03 January 2008, 08:44 AM
wilffive
Scooby Regular

agree re above. Suggest you get in touch with a firm of bailiffs if you cant get "security" through your own contacts.
Old 03 January 2008, 08:46 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

More and more people, both straight and gay, are choosing to live together. Many straight couples believe that they will automatically qualify for some protection under the law if their relationship breaks down. But, as with gay couples (except those that have entered into a formal civil partnership), their relationship with one another is not recognised as having any legal standing, and they have no special status in the eyes of the English legal system. If you are married and are splitting up, then click here for specific advice in these circumstances.

If you have just been living together then you should be aware that there is no such thing in English law as a "common law wife" (or husband for that matter). If you live together and your relationship breaks down then it is each man or woman for themselves.

The Law on Living Together and Cohabititation
Old 03 January 2008, 08:52 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

There are pages and pages of advice from Solicitors regarding the fact that COMMON LAW does not exist. To prove entitlement certain requirements have to be met and this has to be done in a court... not by a group of heavies changing locks.

In fact changing locks is a NO anyway!

Protect yourself during divorce | Divorce & Separation | Lawpack Article

In England and Wales, to prevent your spouse from selling or mortgaging the property you can register a Notice in the Charges Register against the property by completing Form MH1 - Application for registration of a notice of matrimonial home rights, if your property is registered land. If your property is unregistered land, you must register a Class F Land Charge at the Central Land Charges Registry in Plymouth; contact them on 01752 635 600 for details. To find out whether the property is registered, contact the Land Registry who will explain the procedure; a small fee is payable.

In Scotland, even if the matrimonial home is in the sole name of your spouse, he or she still needs to obtain written consent from you before he or she can sell the property.

If your spouse has other property in his or her sole name other than the matrimonial home, once divorce proceedings have been raised, an 'inhibition' can be obtained to prevent your spouse from selling any property in his or her name. You will need the assistance of a solicitor to obtain an inhibition, which is a court order preventing the sale of the property.

What can you do if your spouse refuses to sell or leave the matrimonial home or consent to a divorce? A piece of legislation called the 'Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act' (which doesn't apply in Scotland) allows the court to order the property to be sold, but such proceedings are often drawn out and complicated in themselves and shouldn't be considered without the advice of a solicitor.

Changing the locks. You are not entitled to change the locks even for your own protection, unless you have first obtained an ouster injunction (called an 'exclusion order' in Scotland).

hth

Claire
Old 03 January 2008, 08:54 AM
SleeperSy
Scooby Regular

Finaly got through to a decent lawer, he rekons I can get a court order within 7 days, going to see him this afternoon.

Quick Reply: Urgent advice needed - Younger Polish Girlfriend now trying it on.