Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

YIKES!!

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2007, 01:37 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YIKES!!

A late Christmas present from our cat...............a LIVE rat!!

I was getting ready to go to work yesterday, when my husband called up the stairs to say that Rosie had brought something in and taken it into the (downstairs) bathroom. He thought it was a bird, because it was squawking. He had hold of Rosie, and shut her in the kitchen with him, while 'Yours Truly' had to go and investigate the bathroom. I couldn't see anything, so I started to move the pack of loo rolls and bottle of bleach etc, when a big brown rat jumped out squealing, and ran off. I thought it had gone through a small hole under the bath, which meant my husband then had to remove the bath panel. Nothing.

I then slid the bathroom door back, and the rat fell off the top of the door! The rat was squealing. I squealed. My husband (in shorts, as usual!) squealed and jumped onto the edge of the bath. Rosie chased it and changed her mind when she got close to it. I was laughing so much I was nearly sick from coughing!
We ended up making a 'rat run' from the bathroom to the open back door with the bath panel and flattened cardboard boxes, and left it to find it's way out. Good job it wasn't freezing yesterday! We borrowed a (humane) rat trap from a chum and left it out last night, baited with cheese and a 'Quality Street' chocolate. There was nothing in it this morning, so hopefully it went home.
Old 29 December 2007, 01:46 PM
Bug Eyed Peas
Scooby Regular

It may come back

Old 29 December 2007, 01:48 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Awww poor rat, but nice one for offering it some nice festive food
I assume its injured, wont last long outside, so doubt it will be back.

However if there are rats nearby enough for the cat to bring one home.... Be on the look out for tale tale signs before they make your house their home
Old 29 December 2007, 01:50 PM
Kevin Mc
Scooby Regular

I keep hearing about people seeing rats around recently. I saw one in Sheffield City Centre the other week. Someone in work said they'd killed one in their back garden yesterday.
Old 29 December 2007, 01:56 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

It didn't look injured..........

We've had them living under the shed at the bottom of the garden for years. I don't mind them being there, but not sure I want to share the house with them!
Weird thing is, I was only telling someone the other day that I hadn't seen one down there for about a year! Rosie was extremely miffed at us for spoiling her fun.........and to think she brought it in through the (magnetic) cat flap!

My husband was more worried about it running up the leg of his shorts! It was pandemonium with ALL of us squealing!!
Old 29 December 2007, 01:56 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Saw 1 on the landing not so long ago, unfortunatly it chose the wrong moment to show itself, I had just been out playing with this

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...c/DSCN0200.jpg

Had to repaint a section of the wall after though, blood stained the damn paint!!!
Old 29 December 2007, 01:58 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

'Euuwww' and 'aaaahhh' in equal messures!

I used to have a pet one years ago (Eric) he was lovely........
Old 30 December 2007, 11:59 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Our new cat Freddie caught his first rat here the other day. He is a big cat-not fat-all muscle and the rat never knew what hit it!. What a star-earned his dinner that day.

Les
Old 30 December 2007, 02:18 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Simon C
Saw 1 on the landing not so long ago, unfortunatly it chose the wrong moment to show itself, I had just been out playing with this

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...c/DSCN0200.jpg

Had to repaint a section of the wall after though, blood stained the damn paint!!!
Come and play in my back garden please, we have a mobile defecator problem at the moment, that needs resolving

Mart
Old 30 December 2007, 03:33 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

If its a cat, a super soaker loaded with a water and pepper works wonders.

Tried and tested on my parents neighbours cat, now it runs off and hisses at me every time it sees me