Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Drunk(?) driver last night

Search this Thread

Old 08 December 2007, 02:56 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Drunk(?) driver last night

Following a blue Pug 209 last night, diving erratically no lane control, speeding up/slowing down for no reason we are in a 30 zone and this guy is doing between 10-25mph, it is a well lit through (estate) b road, this chap negotiates a junction swerving wide and I follow him to the shops there where he slowly and unsteadily gets out of his car and goes into Tesco Express, by this time I have got the phone out and onto local Police at Mereway. I report this guy (full reg, road names, exact location and description of the bloke) control say they have dispatched a car. Now the local traffic Police are based at Mereway Police Station which is around ½ mile (by road) from Tesco’s. I wait there for 10 mins, no show. Pug owner, for the sakes of this we will call ‘****’ approaches the parked cars, his car lights flash as he gets close and he tries to get into the silver Honda CRV next to his car before he then wanders around to the Pug to get in. **** has a ½ bottle of scotch in his hand*. I followed him for another ½ mile or so before heading home.

***** drives off – I could have stopped **** but I had our two young kids in the car and did not want to endanger them. Thinking back I should have let the air out of one of his tyres – hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I am sure the cops have a lot on but TBH this really needed dealing with.

I shall write to the Chief Constable asking if they got this bloke and if not asking why they did not respond sooner.
Old 08 December 2007, 06:22 PM
maps
Scooby Regular

i followed a drunk driver afew years ago, to cut along story short, i was going home but he was that bad i went another few miles, untill we hit lights, i jumped out run up to his window, making out i was lost, then grabbed his keys and run lol called plod, they came nicked him

turned out he was a TRAFFIC COP took themmonths to come round and see us, and how we might have to go to crown court ect

mark

Last edited by maps; 08 December 2007 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08 December 2007, 07:50 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Have reported 5 now, and all have been convicted by fast, repsonsive policing, so my experience is very good.
Old 08 December 2007, 07:51 PM
SVXNUT
Scooby Regular

Whats a pug 209??
Old 08 December 2007, 08:49 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

A few years ago someone clipped me turning across me at a T-junction. I don't think he even noticed. I followed him home, which was just around the corner. P1ssed as a fart, but the police wouldn't do anything because he wasn't still driving.
Old 08 December 2007, 11:15 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SVXNUT
Whats a pug 209??
Old 08 December 2007, 11:24 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
FPMSL
Old 09 December 2007, 01:24 PM
CyprusScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by maps
i followed a drunk driver afew years ago, to cut along story short, i was going home but he was that bad i went another few miles, untill we hit lights, i jumped out run up to his window, making out i was lost, then grabbed his keys and run lol called plod, they came nicked him

turned out he was a TRAFFIC COP took themmonths to come round and see us, and how we might have to go to crown court ect

mark
Good lad! You did exactly the right thing!
Old 09 December 2007, 01:25 PM
CyprusScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Following a blue Pug 209 last night, diving erratically no lane control, speeding up/slowing down for no reason we are in a 30 zone and this guy is doing between 10-25mph, it is a well lit through (estate) b road, this chap negotiates a junction swerving wide and I follow him to the shops there where he slowly and unsteadily gets out of his car and goes into Tesco Express, by this time I have got the phone out and onto local Police at Mereway. I report this guy (full reg, road names, exact location and description of the bloke) control say they have dispatched a car. Now the local traffic Police are based at Mereway Police Station which is around ½ mile (by road) from Tesco’s. I wait there for 10 mins, no show. Pug owner, for the sakes of this we will call ‘****’ approaches the parked cars, his car lights flash as he gets close and he tries to get into the silver Honda CRV next to his car before he then wanders around to the Pug to get in. **** has a ½ bottle of scotch in his hand*. I followed him for another ½ mile or so before heading home.

***** drives off – I could have stopped **** but I had our two young kids in the car and did not want to endanger them. Thinking back I should have let the air out of one of his tyres – hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I am sure the cops have a lot on but TBH this really needed dealing with.

I shall write to the Chief Constable asking if they got this bloke and if not asking why they did not respond sooner.
You did the right thing, just a pity the Police took so long!
Old 09 December 2007, 02:04 PM
maps
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TopBanana
A few years ago someone clipped me turning across me at a T-junction. I don't think he even noticed. I followed him home, which was just around the corner. P1ssed as a fart, but the police wouldn't do anything because he wasn't still driving.
thats abit odd, i know someone that had the same thing happen, he called plod and told them where the drunk driver lived, as he knew of him, pold turn'd up at his house, checked his car it was still very warm and it had damage, did a breath test and nicked him

mark
Old 09 December 2007, 02:18 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

I've phoned plod once before when I followed a car driving up the grass verge in the middle of nowhere one night (country 60 limit) gave the reg and the road and left it at that.
Got a phone call the next day to say thanks as they'd found the car at the owners registered address and will "deal with the owner accordingly"

That was quite a few years ago mind, before it was really beaten into you about not driving drunk. (not that it makes it any less acceptable)

Andy
Old 09 December 2007, 02:27 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by maps
thats abit odd, i know someone that had the same thing happen, he called plod and told them where the drunk driver lived, as he knew of him, pold turn'd up at his house, checked his car it was still very warm and it had damage, did a breath test and nicked him

mark
Yep ive heard this is true as well