Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

So, NL under Brown - Better or worse

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2007, 08:58 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So, NL under Brown - Better or worse

Seems the pidgeons are coming home to roost for Gogs!

from the man who said judge me on my results (when he dodged the early election) - so then, in the last few months

Declined to take the conservatives up on an early election with all sorts of excuses as to why this is not the time

Wildly inacurrate immigration figures which changed on a day to day basis and ended up double the initial government figures.

Illegals working as security guards, some at airports and govenrment buildings, no checks performed beforehand.

The latest IR fiasco which now looks like two more disks went missing sometime back, never reported.

So then, can someone put the other side of the coin and point out all the great things as i am not seeing them so far!
Old 22 November 2007, 09:02 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

There are no great things I'm afraid!

Still at least we haven't had to prop up an ailing bank with our hard earned money, oh hang on, no my mistake, sorry we have.
Old 22 November 2007, 09:07 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

The problem for Labour isn't so much Brown, its what happens to any party that have been in power for too long - They make mistakes and they can no longer blame the previous Government.
Old 22 November 2007, 09:15 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are nearing their expiry date ..... not so much for whats gone wrong (they would have happened anyway) - just that people are tired of those in power.

The alternative will be no better, I think it will be worse, but a change is on the cards now.
Old 22 November 2007, 09:19 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
They are nearing their expiry date ..... not so much for whats gone wrong (they would have happened anyway) - just that people are tired of those in power.

The alternative will be no better, I think it will be worse, but a change is on the cards now.
Yup I would go along with this.
Old 22 November 2007, 09:27 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
This lot have been one big mistake since they got into power. Brown hasn't made things worse, but with him there the infighting seems to have got worse in the party as they smell Flash's blood .........

Dave
Trouble is the previous Tory government were so bad there was no way anyone was going to vote Labour out until the memories faded which I think finally they may have. Thing is Cameron will be no better despite what you want to believe and for the first time in my life I will not be voting as there is no one to vote for - they are all self seeking greedy career politicians.
Old 22 November 2007, 09:33 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
and for the first time in my life I will not be voting as there is no one to vote for - they are all self seeking greedy career politicians.
I'm going to submit a spoiled ballot. In the absence of a "None of the above" choice.
Old 22 November 2007, 09:38 AM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood

from the man who said judge me on my results (when he dodged the early election) - so then, in the last few months

Declined to take the conservatives up on an early election with all sorts of excuses as to why this is not the time

Wildly inacurrate immigration figures which changed on a day to day basis and ended up double the initial government figures.

Illegals working as security guards, some at airports and govenrment buildings, no checks performed beforehand.

The latest IR fiasco which now looks like two more disks went missing sometime back, never reported.

So then, can someone put the other side of the coin and point out all the great things as i am not seeing them so far!

Pretty much all of which Brown inherited from Blair.
Old 22 November 2007, 09:48 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Devildog
True, but as second in command for the whole of Blairs reign i do believ he is being hoisted by his own petard - seems like a strange kind of justice.

It was brown who thought it a good idea to merge the IR and C&E aginst a lot of advice. Lots of jobs lost, incompatable systems, vague guidlines and practices and very poor morale, not a great or the ususal receipe for success.
Old 22 November 2007, 09:54 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Better? Nope. Worse? Nope, just the same old same old Lying Labour bull****.

Alcazar
Old 22 November 2007, 10:01 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by alcazar
Better? Nope. Worse? Nope, just the same old same old Lying politicians' bull****.

Alcazar
Corrected
Old 22 November 2007, 10:43 AM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

As MacDonalds would say "I'm loving it"

What was blatently obvious would happen is happening.

Think the worst job at the moment has got to be Darlings.Might as well just stick his neck in the stocks and get ready for an awful lot of flack (which should be Brown's by rights)
Old 22 November 2007, 11:03 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

We are suffering from the phenomenon of the professional politician who is in the job more for himself than for any other significant purpose. No longer do we seem to have leaders whose ambition is to do the best they can for our country and the people. They are only really interested in their own self advancement both in power and in personal wealth. They live by the maxim that "the end justifies the means" and nothing seems to be beyond the pale when it comes to achieving what they want for themselves.

Hence we now see that we have been comprehensively lied to for the whole of this sorry bunch's tenure, the present leader is shown to be just as big a con artist as his predecessor. They have presided over the denigration of this country and what it stands for so that they can hand it over to the Eu lock stock and barrel thus ensuring the fiuture rewards ensuing to themselves.

The biggest problem is that in common with so many others, I can't see anyone on the horizon who may save us in the future.

Les
Old 22 November 2007, 11:07 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Devildog
I think you'll find that these are all issues that Brown inherited from Brown - he was afterall entirely in charge of domestic policy.
Old 22 November 2007, 11:30 AM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
Yup I would go along with this.
Me too.

R
Old 22 November 2007, 11:35 AM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
We are suffering from the phenomenon of the professional politician who is in the job more for himself than for any other significant purpose. No longer do we seem to have leaders whose ambition is to do the best they can for our country and the people. They are only really interested in their own self advancement both in power and in personal wealth. They live by the maxim that "the end justifies the means" and nothing seems to be beyond the pale when it comes to achieving what they want for themselves.

Hence we now see that we have been comprehensively lied to for the whole of this sorry bunch's tenure, the present leader is shown to be just as big a con artist as his predecessor. They have presided over the denigration of this country and what it stands for so that they can hand it over to the Eu lock stock and barrel thus ensuring the fiuture rewards ensuing to themselves.

The biggest problem is that in common with so many others, I can't see anyone on the horizon who may save us in the future.

Les
Wot he said

SB
Old 22 November 2007, 12:24 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Don't forget Home Information Packs, they are really helpful!

Not to mention Foot and Mouth leaked from the government's own laborotory, another leak today by the way according to BBC!
Old 22 November 2007, 01:39 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

True, but as second in command for the whole of Blairs reign i do believ he is being hoisted by his own petard - seems like a strange kind of justice.

It was brown who thought it a good idea to merge the IR and C&E aginst a lot of advice. Lots of jobs lost, incompatable systems, vague guidlines and practices and very poor morale, not a great or the ususal receipe for success.
Don't get me wrong Paul - the man is indeed an embarrasment to Scotland, true politics and a joke as a prime minister who I would gladly see (well perhaps not the detail) hoisted by his own *******, never mind petard, and dropped from 100 feet on to solid concrete
Old 22 November 2007, 01:42 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie

Les
I'll save the country Les ....... can I count on your vote??

It may get in a mess, but I guarantee we would all die laughing
Old 22 November 2007, 05:45 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

I don't think we've seen anything yet. The economy will take a turn for the worse yet

1) Consumer debt

2) Inflation rising

3) Growth falling

4) Unaffordable housing/housing asset bubble bursting

5) Irresponsible lending by banks encouraged by this govt

6) Billions wasted on the war

7) Billions wasted on public services that haven't improved

When the economy turns, social problems will also increase ie crime and racial tensions

All this will be laid on Brown as he was in charge of the coffers for 10 years

All I can say is that I'm glad he didn't sell off most of our gold reserves at $400/oz now that the price is $800/oz

Wait a minute, he did
Old 22 November 2007, 06:15 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Deep Singh
I don't think we've seen anything yet. The economy will take a turn for the worse yet

1) Consumer debt

2) Inflation rising

3) Growth falling

4) Unaffordable housing/housing asset bubble bursting

5) Irresponsible lending by banks encouraged by this govt

6) Billions wasted on the war

7) Billions wasted on public services that haven't improved

When the economy turns, social problems will also increase ie crime and racial tensions

All this will be laid on Brown as he was in charge of the coffers for 10 years

All I can say is that I'm glad he didn't sell off most of our gold reserves at $400/oz now that the price is $800/oz

Wait a minute, he did
Even if this bubble does burst you have to admit it's a pretty poor showing by Brown. In the 10 years it's taken him to get to this point the previous government had managed to do 2 fulll boom bust cycles and kept rates well into 2 figures. Now that's proper mismanagement of the economy, makes Brown look like an amateur
Old 22 November 2007, 07:22 PM
blockmonke@fsmail.net
Scooby Regular

Don't forget todays foot and mouth outbreak at the Pirbright lab. again 2 weeks after the minister for agricultre deemed it safe to re open

william hill are now taking bets on what next weeks **** up from the government will be.
Old 22 November 2007, 07:27 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Deep Singh

Wait a minute, he did
That's his biggest misdemeanour! Gold is a very desirable investment and one we had in abundance, not any more!
Old 22 November 2007, 07:53 PM
gatty
Scooby Regular

bring on the BNP.
Old 22 November 2007, 10:04 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Even if this bubble does burst you have to admit it's a pretty poor showing by Brown. In the 10 years it's taken him to get to this point the previous government had managed to do 2 fulll boom bust cycles and kept rates well into 2 figures. Now that's proper mismanagement of the economy, makes Brown look like an amateur
Mate thats just not true. Look at the economic graphs of the Conservative era and there were not TWO cycles...........just one
Old 22 November 2007, 10:11 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gatty
bring on the BNP.
Yup, bring 'em on
Old 23 November 2007, 12:02 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
I'll save the country Les ....... can I count on your vote??

It may get in a mess, but I guarantee we would all die laughing
If you can make us laugh at it all Pete-you are on!

Les
Old 23 November 2007, 12:17 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

It's almost worth setting up a game of Labour cabinet dead pool although there are too many people with their head on the block to choose from!