Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

On-line wage slips!!?

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2007, 11:33 PM
v5 man
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default On-line wage slips!!?

My company in their wisdom, without consultation with staff, have decided we are going paperless and from Feb08 our wageslips will only be available on-line on a website and not sent out as original copies in the post!!

Now, I have serious questions about this, just wondering if anyone has also had any experience in these matters

Firstly, I do not have a printer for my company laptop, neither do I have one for personal use at home. I am an engineer based at home, I rarely ever go to my offices.

Secondly, even if I could print off the payslips I doubt very much that any mortgage company would accept the print off as proof of salary. These financial companies request/need original copies and state that they do not accept photocopied evidence, so how do I get a mortgage or loan?

What happens if I leave the company? I`ll need either real wage slips or have to print off the internet, as my access to the website will be barred, so saving paper to help the environment, so they reckon, is just a false economy and only actually saves my company money IMO.

Lastly, can they just do this? No consultation, no warning, its just going to happen. I DO NOT want my wageslip on a website, secure or not!!

Old 09 November 2007, 11:46 PM
The Snug Rhino
Scooby Regular

Location: I have ad blocked my rep - so dont waste your time!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

calm down dear!

just save them in file on your pc......what do you want to bogged down with paperwork for? Wish all bills/staments/etc were done like that!
Old 09 November 2007, 11:53 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

I take it they pay into your bank account instead of cash/cheque? If so a lender will accept the saved/printed copy along with a bank statement showing the same details
Old 09 November 2007, 11:55 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

ours are available on line, and every payslip i have ever had is viewable too, as for the originality for the mortgage or loan or whatever, don't worry, just send off the printed copy, the loan or mortgage company will be none the wiser. as for printing off, save to disk, or access from a friend or family members computer equipped with a printer, or treat yourself to a printer.
Old 10 November 2007, 12:14 AM
cnj
Scooby Regular

The company I work for have been doing it for a while now. Mortgage companies will accept them (I changed mortgage company a few months ago, no problem). On the plus side, it's easy to get back copies in case you've misplaced any, you just print them off as and when you need them.
Old 10 November 2007, 12:43 AM
v5 man
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay thats great info thanks. After going through the mortgage process a few times I couldnt see them accepting an A4 sheet with a printed wage slip that could`ve easily been doctored to show increased wages etc, It wouldnt be hard, but if it does work then fine

My home pc hasnt worked properly in ages, my printer is dead, saving flies on my company laptop is rubbish because if it breaks I just get another one, my info transfered over if im lucky, and if I leave the company all the info goes with it too.
Old 10 November 2007, 04:35 AM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

I've had mine emailed in pdf for about 5 years, never been a problem at all.
Old 10 November 2007, 10:58 AM
Proby521
Scooby Regular

My company has done this for years too, I prefer it, better than having to stuff reams of paperwork away!