Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I beg to differ!!!!
Old 03 September 2007, 09:05 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am behind him all the way
Out with Ken, its a start :P

PS only people in London can possibly have an opinion on this as we are the poor sods who have to put up with the arsehole!
Old 03 September 2007, 09:11 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Laurel and Hardy ..................

http://timesonline.typepad.com/photo...id_cameron.jpg
Old 03 September 2007, 09:21 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Red Ken just has to be the worst thing ever. Lets just hope that Boris does not start and water down his approach. We need someone who actually is prepared to kick up a fuss and do what the majority want, rather than pandering to the pressure groups of the minority.

I don't live in London, but the way these mayoral powers play out does set the scene for the rest of the country. Red Ken NOT being a good example with all his anti car policies...
Old 03 September 2007, 09:29 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Boris as Mayor.....

Crikey!
Old 03 September 2007, 10:24 PM
Mk2_heaven
Scooby Regular

boris for mayor
Old 03 September 2007, 10:36 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I say give the bloke a chance. All the biggest critics out there even support him as a person and his morals.

Someone said most MP's are bafoons trying to be serious people, Boris is a serious man acting like a bafoon. Given the choice... I know who I want in the hotseat!

I have to say though, if he does not win, I would love to know what went wrong. I reckon a decent turn out at the polls. With loads of people who would not usually vote, voting just in support of Boris.

An interest in politics is what Boris brings, refreshing, and real.

Far from perfect, and sometimes a little OTT for some peoples likings. But he is not coming to the table with a mentality that he simply hates cars and wants to ban them, which is what Ken has openly stated.
Cant wait to hear Boris's ideas for the congestion zone etc. Once his policies are released, then we will know how serious he is.
Old 03 September 2007, 10:36 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pslewis
I beg to differ!!!!
pete, whilst I find a lot of your posts funny, when you live or work in London, then maybe, just maybe, your views will be relevant.Until then shut it

I dont particuarly like the conservatives , but boris certainly gets my vote over that **** ken..jesus that guy has managed to royally buggered up london in a major way in the time he has been in power.
Old 03 September 2007, 10:40 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

A few quotes taken from the Boris for Mayor of London Facebook pages...

Herein are a range of Boris quotes, from here, there and everywhere, that just go to show that, like Saruman, Boris' power is truly in his voice. A new power is rising and listen out for Boris is you want to keep up with it.

On George W. Bush

''The President is a cross-eyed Texan warmonger, unelected, inarticulate, who epitomises the arrogance of American foreign policy''

On Big Brother

''I didn't see it, but it sounds barbaric. It's become like ****-fighting: poor dumb brutes being set upon each other by conniving television producers.''

On Tony Blair

''It is just flipping unbelievable. He is a mixture of Harry Houdini and a greased piglet. He is barely human in his elusiveness. Nailing Blair is like trying to pin jelly to a wall''

On Needless Over-Protection

''Individually, police officers are fantastic, brave people, and so are the paramedics. But when they have to leave people dying because of a Health and Safety Act policy, they must be starting to wonder where things are going''

On Channel 5 (Five)

''I don't see why people are so snooty about Channel 5. It has some respectable documentaries about the Second World War. It also devotes considerable airtime to investigations into la-dancing, and other related and vital subjects''

On Privatisation

''It is only now, says Blair, that the terrible effects of botched privatisation are being felt on the nation's arteries, just as a heart attack patient spectacularly collapses after eighteen blissful years of eating pork pies''

On Cars and Mobile Phones

''I don't believe that talking on a mobile phone while driving a car is any more dangerous than the many other things that people do with their free hands while driving - nose-picking, reading the paper, studying the A-Z, beating the children, and so on''

On Taxis

''As anyone who has tried using a black cab in London recently will know, it is now cheaper to take a flight from Stansted to the Canaries than it is to go from Highbury to Westminster''
Old 03 September 2007, 10:53 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SwissTony
pete, whilst I find a lot of your posts funny, when you live or work in London, then maybe, just maybe, your views will be relevant.Until then shut it

I dont particuarly like the conservatives , but boris certainly gets my vote over that **** ken..jesus that guy has managed to royally buggered up london in a major way in the time he has been in power.
Purely from the passion in the wording of that, I can tell this is someone who understands what living in London with that idiot Ken at the helm is like.

Congestion Zone, to be priced based on what car you drive and its emissions..... Errm.... wtf does that have to do with "congestion" Call it a clean air charge and fair enough. But no! It was sold to London as something that would keep London moving.
A few years in, its extending, with only a 6% reduction in traffic. The 6% who simply cant afford it, so have been forced onto public transport.

Public Transport, the now rip off, unless you subscribe to THEIR way of thinking and plan your journey so far ahead that you have an Oyster card. No adhoc trips to the centre of town. Oh no, you are penalised and charged DOUBLE the fare on a bus for DARING not to use an Oyster card.
But public transport IS the future, we are told.

Congestion Zone extension.. well thought out. Due to the 90% reduction that residents of Kensington and Chelsea now get on the over all charge, its now once again cheaper for them to drive their "Chelsea Tractors" to work in town again now. Well done Ken. Central Zone worked a treat, then you reduced the charge to the biggest target of the charge to 80p a day. Rendering the charge as good as useless.
Oooh now I see, thats why its going up to £25 a day for 4x4's to recover from the **** up!

Just a couple of topics of "Living in London" brings to mind.
Whats the slogan again "Love London" or is it "I love Londoners.... fookin mugs" The Zone is now planned to extend SE towards Blackheath, rendering more of Londons roads no go zones. And creating "passage ways" through the areas, which actually CAUSES congestion.

You can travel straight through the heart of London without paying a bean.... As long as you go straight up Vauxhall Bridge Road (over Vauxhall bridge, already one of London's busiest, and now Central London's ONLY free bridge.) Up past Buck Palace, up Park Lane, Marble Arch, Edgware Road.
NONE of these roads needed any more traffic on them, however now they crawl along as people scurry to avoid the £8 a day fee to travel through London, driving their already heavily taxed cars, with expensive road tax thats nothing about roads at all, using fuel @ 70% tax, and becoming a statistic of "Londons Blight"
For 10 years, speed humps have been put up to PREVENT rat runs... and now Ken with one amazing act has just created what I expect is the UK's LARGEST rat run!

Nowt wrong with Red Ken eh *****!
Old 03 September 2007, 11:03 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Do me a favour
London mayor: Who would you vote for | the Daily Mail

Why don't you start your own poll on here then lewis?

Or aren't you man enough to deal with the result?
Old 03 September 2007, 11:06 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck

Why don't you start your own poll on here then lewis?

Or aren't you man enough to deal with the result?
London has spoken
Speak to most people in London and they would agree.

Would love to see Boris suggest exclusions around schools, and school bus services. Im sure 90% of people in London LOVE the summer holidays for one reason... Nooo not the rise in street robberies, happy slapping, pointless vandalism, but the quiet roads, lack of rush hour... Yet its commuters that pay the penalty.
Old 03 September 2007, 11:10 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

snazy, you obviously feel the same way I and millions of other "londoners" do
I dont live in London any more but I do work in the city every day and so I have to deal with the crap on an ongoing basis. To think I thought the guy would be good for London, god how i was wrong

Since he came into power, I have seen the increase in speed bumps, restrictions and closing of roads, an increase in pedestrian areas, rises in congestion charges and extensions of charging zones all flying in the face of what londoners want (sod you Ken and your bloody consultations ).

Now, I drive into London and pay the privilege of £8 to sit in the same sodding traffic jam that was there before the C-charge was introduced.

and he wants to run for another term in office, all so he can be involved when we have the soon to be debacle that is called the "olympics"...give it a rest Ken, you are a bloody disaster
Old 03 September 2007, 11:10 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

The ONLY poll that matters is the one where Ken gives Boris a hell of a trouncing
Old 03 September 2007, 11:13 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

pete..for your own sake, please keep your opinions to areas that you deem to have some knowledge.. i.e boro,mazda's and oil changes.

cheers
Old 03 September 2007, 11:16 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

The ONLY poll that matters is the one where Ken gives Boris a hell of a trouncing
I wont pretend to know this, but do you actually live or travel into London on a regular basis. Im curious.

Swiss, indeed mate, its just got worse and worse with money bleeding out of the budget into pointless things, other than squeezing the car out. Regardless if people like it or not, cars are a necessary evil, to keep London moving. Ken just does not like them. Its a bit like a racist BNP person becoming PM and kicking anyone non 3rd generation British out of the country. I dont like them so I will do as I please!

An ironic thing I love, is the Congestion Zone is closing in on the exact area the Olympics is destined for... thats gonna work aint it!

At then end of the day Ken has one good point, he sticks to his guns and is not afraid to face enemy fire. Sadly thats not what London needs to keep its status, and return it to the great city it once was.
Old 03 September 2007, 11:22 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I've not been into London in 10 years ...................... I still think BORIS is a joke and a Clown and will be walked over by Ken in no uncertain terms.
Old 03 September 2007, 11:29 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I've not been into London in 10 years ...................... I still think BORIS is a joke and a Clown and will be walked over by Ken in no uncertain terms.
Then with the greatest of respect......

You dont have a clue what the hell your talking about then
The phrase "entering a battle of wits unarmed" springs to mind.

There are certain things you can have an educated opinion on, but to not actually participate in any of the issues raised, yet have such a passionate stance. I can see you dont think Boris is good for anything, I understand that much. But how can you compare him to someone you really dont see too much of, or experience their reign.

Bit like people who say the USA is a crap holiday destination and full of annoying Yanks, yet have never been on a plane in their life.

Im sure you will have a witty reply, and I look forward to it very much, but will use the same 1kg bag of salt on those comments as I am using for the rest of your recent posts
Old 03 September 2007, 11:32 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Old 03 September 2007, 11:36 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I think Ken Livingstone has been a great asset to London.

I think Boris would be a disaster.

Tony Blair hated Ken, I don't agree fully with Ken's policies - but, he is a man of his word and stands by what he says.

Londoners will decide, not me, but I would wager that they would vote Ken back in by a landslide ............... and it's them that matter.
Old 03 September 2007, 11:36 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SwissTony
lol did I say something wrong

Dear Londoner. : backboris.com

Old 03 September 2007, 11:39 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I think Ken Livingstone has been a great asset to London.

I think Boris would be a disaster.

Tony Blair hated Ken, I don't agree fully with Ken's policies - but, he is a man of his word and stands by what he says.

Londoners will decide, not me, but I would wager that they would vote Ken back in by a landslide ............... and it's them that matter.

Fair enough.
Its an opinion and a fairly put one.

But I am interested to know, how exactly you believe Ken has been a "great asset" Just a few examples would be great, maybe answering some of the issues I raised a few replies back. Corridors through the middle of the city causing rat running and congestion. Doubling the fares on public transport for failing to use an Oyster card and DARING to use cash, on an unplanned journey.
Old 03 September 2007, 11:44 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I have to bring peoples attention to things like this.
A simple blog entry, about the theft of his bicycle, but somehow, just with the choice of words, and the manner and passion in which they are written, you can someone connect with the man, and realise whats so wrong and makes him the outcast of politics that he is...... HE IS HUMAN !! lol

Boris Johnson MP: #Bike Theft
Old 03 September 2007, 11:46 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

I would wager that they would vote Ken back in by a landslide ............... and it's them that matter.
Indeed.

Again I draw your attention to this poll:

Nurse, we're trying to make contact with the patient but he's still not responding....

advise please...
Old 03 September 2007, 11:50 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Indeed.

Nurse, we're trying to make contact with the patient but he's still not responding....

advise please...
lol amazing.
Labour are ahead in one poll, everyone who loves them says, woohoo, landslide, landslide...

Boris is ahead in the poll for mayor and the same people shout "rubbish, polls are never right" lol

Personally, from the people I speak to, living and working in London as I do Most are pretty damn sure what they want. There is a Boris frenzy, and I think its for the right reasons, even if he does use a little crazyness to get his followers.
How can a slogan like "Give London a BJ" possibly fail !
Old 03 September 2007, 11:54 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Indeed.

advise please...
Who were allowed to vote on that poll??
Old 03 September 2007, 11:56 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Who were allowed to vote on that poll??
Probably the same people that are allowed to have an opinion on whats best for London on here
Catch my drift lol

Its all about speaking to people and the concensus of opinion in everyday Londoners. Hearing people say they will be voting Boris, or voting for the first time due to seeing Boris in the running etc.
Personally I have a lot of interaction with Londoners daily, and the general opinion is pretty much as the poll says
Old 03 September 2007, 11:58 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
Probably the same people that are allowed to have an opinion on whats best for London on here
Catch my drift lol
Thats why I won't comment on it ...................

Quick Reply: BORIS - Mayor of London??