Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Changing flight date?

Search this Thread

Old 05 August 2007, 10:16 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Changing flight date?

My son's girlfriend is on holiday with her parents in Spain. They have BA tickets out of Gatwick (to Malaga). Would BA let her come back a couple of days earlier than booked without paying for another ticket? This is so she can go with junior to the Reading Festival

If yes how does she go about this bearing in mind she is stuck in a beach bar somewhere without a computer? TIA, DL
Old 05 August 2007, 10:18 AM
Jamie
Super Muppet

They can get her back on the next flight without paying she needs to just call them

has she got a rep ?
Old 05 August 2007, 10:24 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *Jamie*
They can get her back on the next flight without paying she needs to just call them

has she got a rep ?
Thanks for quick response.

Parents have an apartment over there so I am guessing they just bought tickets rather than a package. It would be for an earlier flight. I suppose I could just mail BA and ask the question but wanted to get any ideas here first. There is no rush as Festival is a couple of weeks away. Be raining again by then
Old 05 August 2007, 10:28 AM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

That route is operated by GB Airways and is usually full the brim this time of year. Can't hurt to call though and ask but i'd expect them to ask for payment to switch flights.
Andy (BA worker)
Old 05 August 2007, 10:39 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

It depends on the type of ticket: If it is a VERY cheap one, then no. If it is a mid-price ticket then probably with a penalty.

Login to British Airways with her last name and booking reference and it will tell you.

Steve
Old 05 August 2007, 10:45 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boxst
Hello

It depends on the type of ticket: If it is a VERY cheap one, then no. If it is a mid-price ticket then probably with a penalty.

Login to British Airways with her last name and booking reference and it will tell you.

Steve
This has been my experience as well.
Old 05 August 2007, 11:07 AM
Freak
Scooby Regular

Depends on booking class
Cheapy- no changes whatsoever.
More expensive- change for a fee (short haul generally £30+ any difference in fare)
Full fare- change with no fee

If it is non changeable, she can always bin the rtn segment and buy a one way or another rtn (and bin the rtn leg of that) starting in spain to get home.

Call the newcastle BA office (the other offices and and the premium number are useless)
01914907901 .
Make sure she has the booking ref handy.

This used to catch me out too before i became a geek and a BA gold card holder (they ocassionally bend the rules on non changeable tickets as I am a valued customer). Generally no way around it- if its non changeable, thats it.
Old 05 August 2007, 11:13 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys - that's very helpful. I know she did some hurried research before she left and told me it would cost £86 (which is about £80 more than she has ) but I think that was just getting another single ticket from El Dago Airways or whoever. I keep seeing these ads for £10 to Europe stuff but what do I know I'll try a direct approach to the airline. d

Missed your post Freak - thanks. Knowing her parents it would have been a mid-price ticket. I'll try that useful number you posted d

Last edited by David Lock; 05 August 2007 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Got Freaked out :D
Old 05 August 2007, 11:21 AM
Nido
Scooby Regular

If she has a family emergency and lays it on thick, they'll usually let you on the next flight that has spare seats.
Old 05 August 2007, 11:58 AM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

I've never had a problem, even with non-changeable tickets, with BA. Usually the best idea is just to turn up at the airport and ask them if you can get on the next flight.