Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

O2 Rant!

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2007, 02:48 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry O2 Rant!

Many moons ago, I worked for a mobile phone service provider that was swallowed up by BT Cellnet which later became O2. I had a staff mobile with them from back in 1998 (nearly as old as Pslewis virgin contract).

Today after 9 and a half years with the same company, enough is enough, Pac code requested, and I am off

What a bungling bunch of incompetent buffoons

Their online help function is a comedy of self help screens. Their automated responses a hilarity of half hearted attempts at triaging your problem in the hope you might give up. They seem to be using false names on email replies too. The shop staff are rude, techy geekazoids and the "retention" staff couldnt hold their own water!

The standards of service have consistently dropped over the last 12 months and I have been appalled on the 3 occasions I have had cause to contact them this year.

I'm sure people can tell me similar problems with the other main providers, but, well it's time to try one of them out!

Any recommendations welcome!

Rant over (oooo I'm so vexed oooo)
Old 17 July 2007, 02:51 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

BT aint it. Biggest pile of **** service on this planet. Gupta...sorry Gary in India may be a nice chap but he's about as helpful as a chocolate fireguard. As for even getting to speak to somebody that is a task in itself.

press 1 to speak to random ********, press 2 to speak to nice woman who tells you that you should have pressed 3, press 3 if you meant to press 2, press 4 if you wish to hear the options again.
Old 17 July 2007, 02:54 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
press 1 to speak to random ********, press 2 to speak to nice woman who tells you that you should have pressed 3, press 3 if you meant to press 2, press 4 if you wish to hear the options again.
Guess what type of machine I install and configure for a job?
Old 17 July 2007, 02:57 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
I'm just glad you didn't give me fekking options numbered 1 to 5!
Old 17 July 2007, 03:18 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Nooo theyre nothing to do with BT - they were in the early days, although I did have to press 2 to speak to rent a 'tard this afternoon
Old 17 July 2007, 04:16 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

Have to say I've had a contract with O2 for a couple of years now and I've had no problems with the serice whatsoever. Whenever I've called up or popped into a shop I've always had excellent service. All large organisations are going to have weak spots - they're generally not all bad.
Old 17 July 2007, 04:23 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
Which scoobie meeting are you going to be at next?

Trending Topics

Old 17 July 2007, 04:27 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Luminous
Which scoobie meeting are you going to be at next?
Sorry mate, Im not a geek
Old 17 July 2007, 06:35 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Drunken Bungle *****
Have to say I've had a contract with O2 for a couple of years now and I've had no problems with the serice whatsoever. Whenever I've called up or popped into a shop I've always had excellent service. All large organisations are going to have weak spots - they're generally not all bad.
As an ex member of staff I can promise you that you have been very very lucky

I watched the levels of service decimate a few years back when they began bringing in temps from Kellys who treated every working day like a holiday, then they started outsourcing to India (back office support), then they started outsourcing contact centre work to Vertex (or the equivalent) and worse of all they moved to bigger premises in Leeds and started to increase their Yorkshire workforce!!?

Old 17 July 2007, 06:48 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

It's about time everyone realised the service of all the providers is at best patchy. No one provider gets full marks all of the time and certainly some providers are dire at times when somebody else may well get great service from the same provider, minutes later.

My money would be on Vodafone but then I've never needed to speak to customer service.

Orange get a hammering on here most of the time and I did need to speak to them once. The girl was superb and sorted the problem out as promised. Plus she rang my mobile later that night to make sure I was happy. She even credited the account £20 for the fun of it I think.

Just buy a PAYG sim on every network, sorted.
Old 17 July 2007, 09:27 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

ive jus joined 02 after several years on p as u go - and before that t-mobile

- i sincerely hpe im not going to be dissappointed
Old 17 July 2007, 10:20 PM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

Lately, I haven't heard any complaints about 3. Have they got their act together, or is no one with them?
Old 17 July 2007, 11:10 PM
Bodgit
Scooby Regular

I think if you were to start poll on which provider had caused you the most grief then you find it would be even across all provders, they are all bad but in diffferent ways.

Overall the general level of customer service has declined over the years anyway. No one wants to work anymore and no one cares. it is no wonder call centres are moving overseas when a lot are leaving school being propped up by mummy and daddy and given the cars to drive etc. Whilst others leave school and go straight on the dole as it is more financially benficial for them because the government hands out too much money for nothing. I have seen this as I work down the road from the DSS offices and they can be there bang on 9am to sign on a get their money for nothing but wont get out of bed any other day for less than £40k because they honestly feel that is what they are worth/deserve.

We have created our own culture of poor customer service. This will not change until attitudes do.
Old 17 July 2007, 11:38 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Ive just switched 60 handsets from Orange to o2, so far found them pretty good.
Old 18 July 2007, 09:33 AM
Chimple
Scooby Regular

I'd also like to point out that, as far as I know, 02 are the only company that include 08 numbers in their inclusive minutes each month.

I found that out the hard way after switching to orange, I think I'll be going back to 02 once the long 18 month contract is up.

Also, after being with 02 for 3 years, there were times when I had to call customer services. There were a few dodgy times, long waits on hold (at least it wasn't costing me anything extra!) but other times they were prompt and helpful. As orange have been, so far!

The only reason I left 02 was because of their retentions department. I got used to being offered stupid amounts of minutes (500 mins, 500 texts, 15 quid a month) to being offered stupid amounts of minutes (paying MORE for the handsets compared to new customers, plus the same tariffs. After arguing, they offered a £5 month discount).
Old 18 July 2007, 09:42 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

Im with 3... no complaints here. Network coverage is great. Was with O2 and T-Mobile reviously and left both after an argument with half trained (no offence to anyone here) staff making mistakes and being very unhelpful
Old 18 July 2007, 11:15 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Well, after a lot of messing about, O2 have resolved the key issue that was to lead to my leaving.
I now have in writing from them what I requested and will now give them a second chance...
I guess it's like any utility to a point. You dont say a bad word when their bills are right every month and your dd pulls when it should, but have a problem and need customer service and it is a gauntlett...
Thanks guys.
Old 18 July 2007, 11:20 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

The disconnections/contract termination department is always the most helpful in getting what you want

Had to do it a few times when they refused to replace my mobile with a half decent equivelent come renewal time.
Old 18 July 2007, 11:31 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz
Well, after a lot of messing about, O2 have resolved the key issue that was to lead to my leaving.
I now have in writing from them what I requested and will now give them a second chance...
I guess it's like any utility to a point. You dont say a bad word when their bills are right every month and your dd pulls when it should, but have a problem and need customer service and it is a gauntlett...
Thanks guys.

did you used to work for martin dawes telecomms?
Old 18 July 2007, 11:34 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

My phone-which is also very old was initially with a company which then reverted to O2 as you said. I am on "pay as you go" and so far have not had a problem with them. I probably don't use my mobile as much as you perhap's, that could be a good enough reason I suppose.

Les
Old 18 July 2007, 11:39 AM
windyboy
Scooby Regular

Location: Working in Belfast and living in Bangor, N'orn I'ron

I was with O2 for years and changed to 3 just over a year ago (3 cold called me and caught me off guard one day) and after much pleading from O2 to try and get me to stay they transfered by PAC code to 3 and all was well but I had to request the PAC code in writing for some reason ! (yes, I had to type up a letter and post it to them - how old fashioned )

I also still have an old O2 phone from years ago that I was going to cancel but they keep giving me free line rental on it so I just keep it in a drawer as the phone has since died.

Windyboy.
Old 18 July 2007, 12:00 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaytc2003
did you used to work for martin dawes telecomms?
Now there's a blast from the past!!! I think in the early 1980's they were the main player. My first contract was something like £35/month and all calls were paid for, no free anythings!! Something like 35p/minute. My first transportable phone was £1200 and my first portable phone, shortly after in about 1983, was approximately £1800 from memory!