Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Taxman to hunt BTLers!

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2007, 09:03 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taxman to hunt BTLers!

Thousands of buy-to-let families face tax shock-Life & Style-Property-Buying & Selling-TimesOnline

For those of you who have 'forgotton' to tell Gordon about your BTL

Personally I commend him, after all we need more money in Govt coffers to fund illegal wars and hand out benefits to spongers
Old 29 May 2007, 09:07 PM
Aaquil
Scooby Regular

I have a solution send all the benefit spongers to Iraq and bring the soldiers back!
Old 29 May 2007, 09:23 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sooner we rid this country of Labour the better, hammer those who help themselves to pay for those who just sith on their ***** and them import every waif and stray from the rest of the world.
Old 29 May 2007, 09:23 PM
Odds on
Scooby Regular

Only right.

Bet the people that BTL and don't declare, are the first to moan about foreigners taking the p!ss by not paying tax....

Old 29 May 2007, 10:01 PM
SD
Scooby Regular

Sounds fair to me. This is about those who have avoided their tax up to now, or made unfair declarations in order to reduce their bill. In the same way as I'd be happy to see my neighbour bought to book if they dodged their council tax, this is fair and right that those that break the rules are made to pay up!
Old 29 May 2007, 10:55 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Wonder if they'll go as far as to check how much of declared "expenses" is actually legit expenses on the BTL property ...and how much is any receipt for anything even slightly vaguely house related that can be thrown in.

I know a few people who apparently spend an awful lot on the BTL houses.....and yet its the main residence that seems to get all the benefit.....
Old 29 May 2007, 11:49 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Always happy to have a bash NL with the same stick they wack the New Working classes, but this seems totally legit. It's chasing tax on a commercial income and chasing any fraudulent offsetting. Fair enough, and you get to carry forward losses too - well for now at least but I'm sure they are 'on' to that bit of fair play back

D
Old 29 May 2007, 11:51 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dsmith
Wonder if they'll go as far as to check how much of declared "expenses" is actually legit expenses on the BTL property ...and how much is any receipt for anything even slightly vaguely house related that can be thrown in.

I know a few people who apparently spend an awful lot on the BTL houses.....and yet its the main residence that seems to get all the benefit.....
Well then I wouldnt like to be them if they get investigated, and the shadier your books look, the more likely you are to be investigated. Ask Ken Dodd and that Lester Piggot about soap on a rope...