Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

First sensible thing a new labour minister has said in ages....

Search this Thread

Old 22 May 2007, 02:27 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default First sensible thing a new labour minister has said in ages....

BBC NEWS | Politics | Call for migrant housing rethink

And it causes outrage (mostly by her own party members) immigrants and layabouts who have made no national insurance contributions should be sent to the bottom of the pile, whilst people who work and contribute into the system take priority sounds like commonsense to me.

Already she is being urged to resign by left wing nutters
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/5014388.stm

"Voters felt Labour were not listening to their concerns"
Old 22 May 2007, 02:43 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds about right - state facts rather than spin or come up with an idea supported by the general public and get sacked!
Old 22 May 2007, 02:48 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Ths first NL rule you have to get under your belt is never to tell the truth about anything!

Les
Old 22 May 2007, 02:57 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

This is one thing that ***** me off, I pay 40-50% of my wages each week paying private rent and bills each week whilst freeloaders are better off knocking out 3 kids+ claiming disability (not forgetting that nice mobility car) and still take home more than me. After all its their "right to have kids"
Old 22 May 2007, 03:26 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

"She was also criticised for saying, before the council elections in 2006, that as many as eight of 10 white families were tempted to vote for the British National Party. The BNP went on to become the second largest party on Barking and Dagenham council. "

Just sounds like she can see what is going on, and she was right.

When reading that article, I wondered how long it would be before I read the word "Racist". I didn't have to wait long

If anyone doesn't toe the "we should embrace everyone" line, they are immediately deemed a racist.

I am therefore a Racist.
Old 22 May 2007, 03:41 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

But Labour MP Keith Vaz said many would find Mrs Hodge's comments "offensive".

**** off. What about the majority of people who find the current system offensive
Old 22 May 2007, 03:52 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rossyboy
The illegal immigrants for one
Old 22 May 2007, 04:18 PM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rossyboy

**** off. What about the majority of people who find the current system offensive

especially as she is advocating helping low income black & asian families who have lived here for years, makes you wonder if Mr Vaz can actually read

god help anyone trying to support a rational or electorial majority view, these days, what next all 3rd & 4th generation non-whites get re-classified as far right racists................
Old 22 May 2007, 04:26 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
BBC NEWS | Politics | Call for migrant housing rethink

And it causes outrage (mostly by her own party members) immigrants and layabouts who have made no national insurance contributions should be sent to the bottom of the pile, whilst people who work and contribute into the system take priority sounds like commonsense to me.

Already she is being urged to resign by left wing nutters
BBC NEWS | England | London | MP 'should go' over BNP comments

"Voters felt Labour were not listening to their concerns"

I wonder what Brown will have to say about this, nothing i suspect!

It makes perfect sense, would stem the flow of immigrants and go a long way to addressing the feelings of injustice and unfair treatment of a lot of the UK's population.

If Cameron picked up on this he would have a sure-fire winner!
Old 22 May 2007, 04:33 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
I wonder what Brown will have to say about this, nothing i suspect!

It makes perfect sense, would stem the flow of immigrants and go a long way to addressing the feelings of injustice and unfair treatment of a lot of the UK's population.

If Cameron picked up on this he would have a sure-fire winner!
He won't though, that's the problem.

He'll be scared stiff of the minority who seem to have the biggest/loudest voice. And what will they voice? The word `Racist`.

The media coverage would be horrendous, and we'll have to suffer weeks of News programs having interviews with the `Political correctness brigade` calling for him to be sacked/hanged/fed to the Tigers.

He'd get my vote. Mind you for the first time in my voting life, he's getting it anyway.
Old 22 May 2007, 05:08 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Guess who has now got his finger on the pulse of the British people??? From
BBC NEWS | Politics | Hodge plan illegal - Livingstone

"London Mayor Ken Livingstone has said it would be "illegal" to give UK citizens priority over immigrants when deciding who gets council homes"

plonker!

Dave
Livingstone is a leftie loony PC POS in a position of power, God help us!

It should be illegal not to prioritise over immigrants and that is partly why there is so much animosity and so many immigrants! The UK is seen as an easy touch, why else head across mainland Europe to getr to the UK?!?
Old 22 May 2007, 05:10 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

It's obviously an emotive issue. I can see both sides of the argument to honest.

Whilst it can do nothing for community relations to have immgrants "jumping" the queue for housing, at the same time, you cannot have a housing system built on length of residence, it always has to be based on need.

Of course Livingstone is right about one thing, in the South East particularly, there is simply not enough housing.
Old 22 May 2007, 05:11 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

I am so looking forward to the Conservatives winning the next election to see the same tilting at windmills

Of course, I know it will be different for all of you NL critics

Last edited by Trout; 22 May 2007 at 05:15 PM.
Old 22 May 2007, 05:48 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Question

Even if this is introduced it is still around 7 years too late, people mention the lack of housing, i wonder how bad it would be with say 50% of the immirgrants with 7 or less years in the UK left the UK or where never let in in the first place...
Old 22 May 2007, 06:16 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
It's obviously an emotive issue. I can see both sides of the argument to honest.

Whilst it can do nothing for community relations to have immgrants "jumping" the queue for housing, at the same time, you cannot have a housing system built on length of residence, it always has to be based on need.

Of course Livingstone is right about one thing, in the South East particularly, there is simply not enough housing.
What about ni and tax contributions though? surely people who actually contribute to the economy should have some sort of incentive to work by having prioroty over the workshy? Try going to Pakistan and demandinf a house as a English Christian the only thing you will get is a bullet through the head.
Old 24 May 2007, 01:17 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Ah yes, old Vaz .... from Wikipedia:

"In February 2000 the Parliamentary standards watchdog Elizabeth Filkin was requested to investigate allegations of undisclosed payments to Vaz from businessmen in his constituency.[1] The following year, 2001, members of the opposition began to question what role Vaz may have played in helping the billionaire Indian Hinduja brothers - linked with a corruption probe in India - to secure UK passports.

In March 2001, the Filkin report cleared Vaz of nine of the 18 allegations of various financial wrongdoings, but Elizabeth Filkin accused Mr Vaz of blocking her investigation into eight of the allegations. He was also censured for one allegation - that he failed to register two payments worth £450 in total from Sarosh Zaiwalla, a solicitor whom he recommended for an honour several years later.

Mrs Filkin announced in the same month a new inquiry which would focus on whether or not a company connected to Vaz received a donation from a charitable foundation run by the Hinduja brothers. The results of the inquiry were published in 2002 and it was concluded that Vaz had "committed serious breaches of the Code of Conduct and a contempt of the House" and it was recommended that he be suspended from the House of Commons for one month[2]".

Why even listen to the guy????

Dave
I think I am right in saying that Elizabeth Filkin was eventually sacked because she was doing the job correctly and she was getting close to the truth in respect of too many MP's affairs!

Rannoch,

Do you really think that the Turquoise Chameleon is worthy of that much support?

Les
Old 25 May 2007, 08:55 AM
kittle
Scooby Regular

her view is fair! no body like a que jumper anywhere in life. And that is what they are doing. They did not NEED to come here, they chose to as most as it is a easy ride where they get everything for nothing!!! Did you know immigrants can get £3000 to buy a car to travel to work!!!! i had to work and save for my car, while they get given one. Then the usual new mobile phone, sky tv.... i dont even have sky as cant afford it. They money we are throwing at immigrants is rediculous, and who is paying for it! average joe who works and payes his taxes.