Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

hire cars...

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2007, 09:32 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hire cars...

as many know, some twonk hit my drivers side pulling from a t-junction without looking. and after being pulled twice by the rozzers wanting to check wherther the cars road worthy, i rung up the place which deals with hire cars/legal expences on my policy. explained to them and theyre gonna meet me at scoobybits on friday where im leaving my scoob with jason until a repair date for him by the insurers is sorted out.

anywho i didnt want a barge of a car so said id take a sporty hatch, so will probably get a 1.6 focus

what experiences have people had with hire cars in the past and what did you get as a temp. replacement while your other car was being fixed.

andy
Old 07 May 2007, 09:43 PM
djuk
Scooby Regular

Got a Micra
Old 07 May 2007, 09:58 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Ford Ka. Now I'd nick 1 of the company cars
Old 07 May 2007, 10:03 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Merc c class kompressor

Mart
Old 07 May 2007, 10:25 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
as many know, some twonk hit my drivers side pulling from a t-junction without looking. and after being pulled twice by the rozzers wanting to check wherther the cars road worthy, i rung up the place which deals with hire cars/legal expences on my policy. explained to them and theyre gonna meet me at scoobybits on friday where im leaving my scoob with jason until a repair date for him by the insurers is sorted out.

anywho i didnt want a barge of a car so said id take a sporty hatch, so will probably get a 1.6 focus

what experiences have people had with hire cars in the past and what did you get as a temp. replacement while your other car was being fixed.

andy
The 1.6 focus isn't a bad car at all. I had one when my first scoob got purloined. It's nippy out of junctions (probably the gearing), but isn't exactly quick in any other situations.
Old 07 May 2007, 10:30 PM
Odds on
Scooby Regular

Got a transit off of Enterprise van hire while my truck was being fixed. Not bad I thought. Until I went back to the pub the next afternoon to pick it up

Seeing 'Starship' written in permanent marker above the Enterprise brought back good memories of the night before, but meant me getting the t-cut out before returning it