Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Opinions please, please read

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2007, 10:56 AM
ollyit
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions please, please read

Sorry this isnt rib related, its basically in a nutshell some stupid nurse who gave my mum the wrong treatment at the hospital -

My mum recently had a small cyst in her eye lid went to the doctors usual routine and had a hospital apoointment for removal a few months later, my mum went there day before yesterday with my sister to have this work done, a nurse then took her in to a room and started pouring this solution in her eyes, my mum asked what it was and she just uttered something in foreign and ran off - turns out this treatment was meant for a 40yr diabetic MAN!! do this dumbarse's not even read the notes??!!! - Surelly my mum cant be mistaken for a 45 year fella by the name of malcolm?!?! - I am soo narked at this as mum is far too nicer person to take it any further, as a result she couldnt hardly see for the next 5hours lucky my sister was there - now they've asked her to make more time off work to come again and have the cyst removed, I wonder what they'll do next! - :@ sorry if I'm going off on one but when its family its very personal - whom do you think I should talk too about this, its an outrage !
Old 04 May 2007, 11:00 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

This is terrible, glad she is OK though.
It could have been a lot worse!

I would get your mum or sister to register a complaint wth the Health Authority/hospital and get this person who screwed up some help/training.
Old 04 May 2007, 11:02 AM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear that..not nice.

Each Trust will have a dedicated "Complaints officer" who should be able to handle the situation. I'd contact the Hospital's PALS (patient advice and liaison service) for the right person to speak to.

HTH

Shaun
Old 04 May 2007, 11:13 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Dreadful thing to happen. Hope the complaints people will make sure this cannot happen again. Nurses who are prepared to give treatment when they do not fully understand what they are using for it should not be allowed near patients!

Les