Talking CCTV cameras'

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2007, 10:20 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Talking CCTV cameras'

Originally Posted by BBC
Talking" CCTV cameras that tell off people dropping litter or committing anti-social behaviour are to be installed in 20 areas across England.
"Oi, you..... the ****** in the hoodie! pick up that mars wrapper "

Is it just me or is this scenario just feckin wrong, are we now children of this once great and mighty land? told off by minimum wage job****es in their control centres for 'dropping a wrapper'...
Old 04 April 2007, 10:24 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

I fully agree What's the point

They should just arm them, pop a few caps in some chavs' asses and they might actually start paying attention
Old 04 April 2007, 10:27 AM
Puppetmaster
Scooby Regular

Read this a few minutes ago... apparently the government are holding competitions at schools to find the 'voice' of the talking cameras....

This is just plain wrong. I am suprised they haven't fitted them cs gas guns and rubber bullet guns ...yet...
Old 04 April 2007, 10:28 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

"You there in the jeans and trainers, yes YOU with the limbs and hair, pick up your litter or else"
I one got arrested as a result of CCTV performing a drunken prank... The police stopped by and warned us, and when they were gone, we carried on... Then we got nicked...
Had some spaccy voice sounding like the scientist of The Simpsons bellowed at us through a speaker to stop we wpould have paid even less notice
It is ridiculous because it will only work on confused drunks and the normally innocent and even then only during the novelty period...
A total waste of money IMO...
Old 04 April 2007, 10:30 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

It's like listening to Pink Floyd - The Wall

"Oi luv, you with the pink scarf...............what a fat ****!!"

"Oi you, with the Burberry Kid......................What a f**king Chav!!!"

"Oi you with the combe over......................GET A LIFE BALDY!!"

I can just imagine it now. They'll play bird song and calming elevator music next or mind numbing party political babble............................**** it the real Big Brother and 1984!!!!!

Last edited by The Trooper 1815; 04 April 2007 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04 April 2007, 10:34 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

I heard this on the news this morning, on the way into work and my heart sank a little.

I suppose it is a solution to a problem that has been building for some time.

I would rather see more Police on the streets TBH. NL tell me that there are more Police that ever on but i fail to see them. The last cop i saw in my village was standing at the side of the road holding a speed camera!

Cameras for speeding and CCTV monitoring seem to be taking the place of the Police IMHO

I am sure a stronger Police opresence in general would be a better rolution along with a zero tollerenc approach to crime.

This is a problemn as it would put more pressure on opvercrowded jails and the court system but just because it wil be a PITA does not make it the wrong course of action.

CCTV has its place i just feel that it is seen as a majic bullet and replacing the real Policing of our streets.

One comment from a CCTV 'expert' wsass that he would rather see the huge investment going into improving existing systems that in some cases are such poor quality that the recording are not evidence quality - this seems like common sense!

More NL sticking plasters to patch up the problems they have helped create if you ask me.
Old 04 April 2007, 10:39 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

The UK is almost the biggest open prison in Europe....

But on a more serious note they could get that 70's favourite 'metal mickey' to provide the CCTV voice....

"Boogie, boogie.....stop mugging that old lady!!.... boogie, boogie"
Old 04 April 2007, 11:01 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It was stated the other day that there is only one copper available out of every 40 for a callout! The others are all too busy doing the paperwork for the government narks!

I find that difficult to understand personally.

Les
Old 04 April 2007, 11:06 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
It was stated the other day that there is only one copper available out of every 40 for a callout! The others are all too busy doing the paperwork for the government narks!

I find that difficult to understand personally.

Les
Shocking statistics Les and i feel most people would find it difficult to understand considering the state of the UK and the amount of crime as well.

Stil, NL have set the Police targets and that must be the priority - to the detriment of us all
Old 04 April 2007, 12:51 PM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

what a great job - as long as you weren't monitored (yeah, right), you could have a right laugh.

It'd be funny to watch people react - expecially paranoid
schizophrenics.
Old 04 April 2007, 01:12 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

The UK is full of chavs-Neds with no respect. Thick and dont know they are born.

Talking CCTV - What a load of rubbish.
I know lets spend lots of money tackling the symptoms not the root problems.Typical NL.

As many of us say.
1. A proper education in life skills and respect for fellow citizens.
2. Police on the streets - not stuck behind computers.
3. A couple of rotten prisions (for the no hopers).
4. A Criminal Justice System that the public have faith in.

No thats common sense ....lets spend more money turning our society into even more of a Surveillance state.

We need to aim for a smaller prision population. But those that are there deserve to be there.

Winston Churchill would be spinning in his grave....but thats another subject.

LOL DCI..UK largest Open Prision LOL

Steve
Old 04 April 2007, 01:32 PM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve Whitehorn
The UK is full of chavs-Neds with no respect. Thick and dont know they are born.

Talking CCTV - What a load of rubbish.
I know lets spend lots of money tackling the symptoms not the root problems.Typical NL.

As many of us say.
1. A proper education in life skills and respect for fellow citizens.
2. Police on the streets - not stuck behind computers.
3. A couple of rotten prisions (for the no hopers).
4. A Criminal Justice System that the public have faith in.

No thats common sense ....lets spend more money turning our society into even more of a Surveillance state.

We need to aim for a smaller prision population. But those that are there deserve to be there.

Winston Churchill would be spinning in his grave....but thats another subject.

LOL DCI..UK largest Open Prision LOL

Steve
Agreed, but it's councils who deal with the cameras, not the governemnt, so it's not necessarily NL's fault. Everything else is though...
Old 06 April 2007, 05:33 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

CCTV has been and will continue to be a valuable tool for the police. It’s not a case that it merely replaces police on the streets. The images are recorded and therefore can not be disputed at court. They have massive advantages when investigating crimes, fights etc in identifying suspects and to say that a policeman could have done that if he was stood there just doesn’t make sense.

It’s true to say that we are bogged down with bureaucracy but I don’t think that it is as high as 1 in 40 officers free to respond. Most of the lengthy legislation introduced means that investigations are now carried out properly and every conceivable angle is covered. What is true to say is that the number of officers has not increased to match this demand and the possibility of civilianizing part of the process has not been fully explored.

Once new procedures are brought in, it’s difficult to justify getting rid of them. Domestics are a good example. In years passed these were written off at source. Now however a whole raft of work kicks in at every incident (risk assessments, welfare checks, arrests, interviews etc). Now I can’t see us going back to how it was before.