Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

AVForums what a load of rubbish!

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2007, 12:18 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AVForums what a load of rubbish!

Personally I have a love/hate relationship with avforums but today i have been well pissed off. what is it with forums and overly stupid moderation.

Last night i posted up my opinion on HD-DVD which i have to say was very negitive but all of what i said was from the position of A being a AV euthusiast and B being a retailer!

Now this thread was deleted and in my opinion it is shocking that in a forum that someones opinion can be deleted because it is not a mainstream opinion which really annoys me.

One VERY disgruntled forum user
Old 03 April 2007, 12:32 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mods, can we delete this thread? Don't think it's on to slag off other forums, that's the mainstream view anyway.
Old 03 April 2007, 12:33 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

IMO there is an awful lot of twaddle talked about AV related matters almost to the point of evangelicism. The same things happens on many religion forums if you don't agree that their beliefs is correct in every way, and it usually gets you banned as well It's a bit like coming on here claiming a Scooby isn't the fastest car in the world
Old 03 April 2007, 01:24 PM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
It's a bit like coming on here claiming a Scooby isn't the fastest car in the world
Now you take that back!

mind you, this one won't be going anywhere for a while...
Tailbacks Up To 13 Miles Long As Six Injured In A64 Smash (from York Press)
Old 03 April 2007, 01:37 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Whilst AVForums itself is a wealth of information, you've got to treat it like place. Filter out 99.9% of the bullsh1t, and you're left with the valued information.

I've found the attitudes on that particular site to be very unhelpful (this site was going the same way with phrases like "Do a search!" - which to a noobie, is quite difficult if they don't know what to ask in the first place).....

and quite arrogant.

Shame really, as there is some great info on there......
Old 03 April 2007, 01:43 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
Whilst AVForums itself is a wealth of information, you've got to treat it like this place. Filter out 99.9% of the bullsh1t, and you're left with the valued information.
Agreed.
Old 03 April 2007, 02:47 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

oops - my bad cheers for the edit Iwan

DAn
Old 03 April 2007, 07:38 PM
Minitrue
BANNED

Location: The Ministry of Truth. War is Peace: Freedom is Slavery: Ignorance is Strength

...a Scooby isn't the fastest car in the world...
Stone the heretic !
Old 03 April 2007, 07:51 PM
Bat-Fink
Scooby Regular

Found it helpful myself tbh.

Is it anything to do with the fact you're a retailer?
Old 03 April 2007, 11:54 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

IMO there is an awful lot of twaddle talked about AV related matters almost to the point of evangelicism. The same things happens on many religion forums if you don't agree that their beliefs is correct in every way, and it usually gets you banned as well It's a bit like coming on here claiming a Scooby isn't the fastest car in the world

Agree entirely. The place is full of self-righteously preached rubbish that has been spouted so much by vocal core users that now everyone else spouts the same technically unfounded opinions and viewpoints. And woe betide any intelligent selfthinking person with some common sense and initiative who realises the facts and tries to voice factual valid points.

Nope, they don't want people like that, they want flocks of sheep-minded people who hang on their every post beliving that a gold plated 3pin mains plug will transform the accoustical imaging of a pair of poxy overpriced Missions that use farting ports (resonated) ) to produce bass tones.

Subaru forums suffer the same inane bull circulated: Just look at threads forTurbo Timers, Dump Valves, and oil change procedure. None of whioch are needed in any way, but do people take heed. Not a chance!

Now, please excuse me while I peddle my goods and services to gullible SN members via my alter egos by giving biased technically unfounded advice and recommending xxx brand dump valves, xxx brand oil, xxx brand tyres and xxx guages etc.

Last edited by Shark Man; 04 April 2007 at 12:00 AM.