compensation for injured and paralysed soldiers

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2007, 09:53 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default compensation for injured and paralysed soldiers

i woz watching the news a day ago aboot the army hospital in the usa and how soldiers have been getting treated like sh1te

if a british soldier gets injured, maimed and paraylsed for the rest of his life

does the government compensate him for giving his health for his country or for blairs lies

if he loses a leg or 2 legs, eye or arm and cant walk

does he or she only get dole money which they def deserve or does the government pay them anything else for basically giving their life away for the government

just wanted tae know, i hope they dont get treated as the world war 1 and 2 vets did

cheers
Old 04 March 2007, 09:54 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

they get money, and its half decent. Infact soldiers dont get paid half bad, it just depends on your ranking etc
Old 04 March 2007, 09:59 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by AudiLover
they get money, and its half decent. Infact soldiers dont get paid half bad, it just depends on your ranking etc
thats ok then, nice one, cheers

i dont know if u watched it yesterday , soldiers who lost limbs and how they were getting treated in the usa and bush is always on aboot support your troops, pathetic and how the hospitals werent even up tae healthy standards

cheers
Old 04 March 2007, 10:00 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

here

Al Jazeera English - News
Old 04 March 2007, 10:16 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Audi - just out of interest, what is your experience in the Military?

The government payouts for death or serious injury are actually pretty damn lame all things considered. You are talking about thousands of pounds - not tens of thousands. Personal injury and life insurance (beyond that given by the PAX scheme) is an extremely expensive necessity I'm afraid if you want to make sure that you and your family are taken care of should the worst happen. Not all bad I guess though - they do pay for your funeral.

Regimental and Corp associations, SSAFA, Royal British Legion, St Dunstans and a number of other charities are the real organisations who provide for those who are wounded in action or those families that have been bereaved. These funds soley come from serving soldiers and generous donations from the public.

As for our pay being not half bad; considering that many of us spend extended periods of time away from our families, often leaving at short notice, and little idea of duration I think thats well deserved pay. To give you an idea - Since 2002, I have spent more time on Operations than I have spent at home with my family. The 18 month gap between deployments that we are meant to get is nothing but a sick joke to most of us.

Of course there will be some smartarse who will say "you volunteered for it".... My reply isn't really suitable for a public forum

Last edited by Prasius; 04 March 2007 at 10:23 PM.
Old 04 March 2007, 10:22 PM
Minitrue
BANNED

Location: The Ministry of Truth. War is Peace: Freedom is Slavery: Ignorance is Strength

Originally Posted by AudiLover
Their pay is awful for the majority of men. You are an idiot!
Old 04 March 2007, 10:27 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Minitrue
Their pay is awful for the majority of men. You are an idiot!
The soldiers I know seem to be living pretty nicely. Albeit they have been in the forces for over a decade and longer, but from the picture they paint to me being a soldier can be alot of fun inbetween the fighting.

P.S

Hope im not stepping on anybody toes. Soldiers get the utmost respect from me.
Old 04 March 2007, 11:52 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Prasius
Audi - just out of interest, what is your experience in the Military?

The government payouts for death or serious injury are actually pretty damn lame all things considered. You are talking about thousands of pounds - not tens of thousands. Personal injury and life insurance (beyond that given by the PAX scheme) is an extremely expensive necessity I'm afraid if you want to make sure that you and your family are taken care of should the worst happen. Not all bad I guess though - they do pay for your funeral.

Regimental and Corp associations, SSAFA, Royal British Legion, St Dunstans and a number of other charities are the real organisations who provide for those who are wounded in action or those families that have been bereaved. These funds soley come from serving soldiers and generous donations from the public.

As for our pay being not half bad; considering that many of us spend extended periods of time away from our families, often leaving at short notice, and little idea of duration I think thats well deserved pay. To give you an idea - Since 2002, I have spent more time on Operations than I have spent at home with my family. The 18 month gap between deployments that we are meant to get is nothing but a sick joke to most of us.

Of course there will be some smartarse who will say "you volunteered for it".... My reply isn't really suitable for a public forum
very nice post mate, u know when i woz wee i heard the horror stories fae war veterans , u hear it all the time now on the news, its sad how they were treated, u know when i woz wee i used tae beg elderly folk tae tell me war stories, brilliant hero;s and then the widows of war sharing their stories, i used tae listen tae them for ages, i had a guy a few yrs back he came tae my shop wae old war photo's when he woz in the army and he wanted copies of them, i couldnae charge him, he woz such a nice old man he didnt forget me at xmas and got me a gift, elderly folk r brill , God bless them

its true , its sad, u know when i watched that panorama programme 2 weeks back , it shows u the human side of the soldiers, their parents and family, how the government even giving them proper equipment and sent them tae war full of deceit and lies, how could they, the b@stards, u know blair has kids, u wonder why a parent will dae such a thing tae other peoples children.

man no wealth can replace health, legs, eyes, ability tae move and see and feel, nae chance, nothing can ever compensate that

cheers for explaining
Old 04 March 2007, 11:55 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Prasius

true u hear the same quotes against firemen, people forget how they risk their lives for people, through fire and the chances of buildings collapsing