one for an assault you didnt commit

Search this Thread

Old 02 March 2007, 02:00 AM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question one for an assault you didnt commit

ok
i went to a night club tonight, and my friend got smacked (lass). I was there and got smacked too (by this other lass), just asking my friend whats happnin'.

Turns out the girl who did the smacking now has a broken jaw. And its my fault! (Which it obviously isnt)
Cept im a big fella, and if i hit a lass (which I woudnt) she wouldnt get up from it.

Im registering it with police.

Any ideas?
Old 02 March 2007, 03:52 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

You need to make a formal complaint of assault before she makes a complaint. The likelihood will be that you will be classed as the victim and she as the aggressor. She should be arrested and interviewed about the incident, during which time she will probably say that 'he hit me first'. An investigation will then continue to secure evidence for a prosecution at court. It will need to go through CPS first who will review the whole incident and decide if there is enough to prosecute any of the persons involved. It may be that it will not get passed this point though – but one benefit of this, is that there will be no further action taken against you concerning her injury.

In theory, if you make the first complaint, you should not be arrested as it will be investigated as one incident.

You will need to go to A&E to have you injuries medical documented (no matter how slight).

You will need to recall as much of the incident as possible (make notes if necessary) in order to make a written statement to the police

You need any witnesses (friends) you have to also recall as much of the incident. Also your fiend needs to make a formal complaint.

Keep your clothing from the night to one side (without washing it) for forensics. It may not be needed, but state this to the police and let them make the decision if it’s required.
Old 02 March 2007, 09:18 AM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

Cheers dude.

Had a nice officer come round this morning and register the details, and resgister it as an assault.

Was quite lairy last night having lasses shouting at my to hit them cos im a girl beating *******. Wierd creatures.
Old 02 March 2007, 09:20 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Does the club not have CCTV?
Old 02 March 2007, 09:27 AM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

it does. good thought.
Im sure if I require it it will be obtainable.

Quite luckily, a chap there who was an off duty bouncer pulled her off me, did the "Im bigger than you dont try it" bit and sided with me when I explained the situ, so she got thrown out.
Old 02 March 2007, 09:40 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Dont sit on it. Get a copy of the CCTV now because they only have to keep it for so long.
Old 02 March 2007, 09:51 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
Dont sit on it. Get a copy of the CCTV now because they only have to keep it for so long.
It should be kept for about a month. The police need to sieze this as they are the independant party. If you sieze it the defence could argue that you could tamper with it. Ask the police if it has been siezed and what it has shown.

Ask about the town centre CCTV as this may have captured her outside the club before or after - this is where she might have got her injuries.
Old 02 March 2007, 10:12 AM
theboy
Scooby Regular

Yes go to the Police. I got arrested for GBH along with my brother, 4 coppers turned up to cart us off. Turns out a lad we used to go to school with took a beating and said the person doing it sounded like one of us. Thing is i was having a meal with my girlfriend and brother was at home with parents. Cost my Mother £1200 for a top notch solicitor to sort it before it went any furthur
Old 02 March 2007, 10:23 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Why didn't you get free legal advice..?

If you were having a meal at the time, you will have had a water tight alibi
Old 02 March 2007, 01:13 PM
Avi
Scooby Regular

off duty bouncer
Old 02 March 2007, 02:26 PM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

? ? ?
Old 02 March 2007, 02:53 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Felix.
Why didn't you get free legal advice..?

If you were having a meal at the time, you will have had a water tight alibi
Was not my choice, and if you see the free solicitors you realise why. When we were arrested they did not atually say what it was. They just said it was an accusation of assault etc... only when at the station during interview did they say the date etc. You then have to start thinking what did i do 2 weeks ago on Saturday night