Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

IF ..............

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2007, 05:56 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question IF ..............

You use bolt cutters to remove a Wheel Clamp and you replace it with a like-for-like replacement can you be done for criminal damage?

Also, if you use Bolt-Cutters to bust the padlock and then say that it was broken anyway ....... where's the evidence otherwise?

And, how would they stop you driving off??
Old 27 February 2007, 06:00 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

break the lock and take the wheel clamp with you.

No evidence left behind
Old 27 February 2007, 06:07 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
You use bolt cutters to remove a Wheel Clamp and you replace it with a like-for-like replacement can you be done for criminal damage?

YES
Old 27 February 2007, 06:24 PM
firesorter
Scooby Regular

IF..... hypothetically you owned the wheel clamp and say clamped someone who had parked on your property and they:

Also, if you use Bolt-Cutters to bust the padlock and then say that it was broken anyway ....... where's the evidence otherwise?
what action would you take or want taken?
Old 27 February 2007, 07:03 PM
34srm
Scooby Regular

who cares just cut it off
Old 28 February 2007, 09:10 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by firesorter
IF..... hypothetically you owned the wheel clamp and say clamped someone who had parked on your property and they:

what action would you take or want taken?
I'm talking about the Rogues ..... not the property owners who are trying to stop irresponsible parking on their land.
Old 28 February 2007, 11:15 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Find out their address and throw it through the window!

Les
Old 28 February 2007, 11:21 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If they are like a roguue one then basically u can cut it off BUT leave the parts behind, if u take the parts,it is theft.

if it is a council run scheme ur knackered as they have the power of the law behind em etc
Old 28 February 2007, 12:14 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

You are damaging some ones property, they usually take a picture of the vehicle complete with clamp. However if its a digital picture and doesnt have the right anti tamper software its inadmissable in a court of law. You could say its been photoshopped.
Old 28 February 2007, 06:54 PM
firesorter
Scooby Regular

I'm talking about the Rogues ..... not the property owners who are trying to stop irresponsible parking on their land.
you didnt specify that in your opening post, what i was pointing out was put your self in the shoes of the owner of said clamp, to them it would legitimately be criminal damage, also they have been hired to enforce parking restrictions by someone who owns the land, how do they feel about you parking on their property??
Old 28 February 2007, 07:43 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

No-one actually owns any land ........ who gave it to them originally and who gave them permission to sell it - you will find, as you go back in time that the land is actually stolen land ....... you cannot clamp on Stolen Land - M'Lord !
Old 01 March 2007, 11:16 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

So you would not object then PSL if we use your front drive for local parking then!

Les
Old 01 March 2007, 11:31 AM
jem86mat87
Scooby Regular

iv heard that if you remove the clamp by letting the tyre down and then hand it in at a police station and report it as lost property you cannot be 'done' for taking it off??
Old 01 March 2007, 11:35 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jem86mat87
iv heard that if you remove the clamp by letting the tyre down and then hand it in at a police station and report it as lost property you cannot be 'done' for taking it off??
I'd like to see you try getting the clamp off that way.
Old 01 March 2007, 11:37 AM
Dunk
Scooby Regular

I always carry four clamps in my car, I park where I want & then clamp myself before anybody else can

D
Old 01 March 2007, 06:21 PM
firesorter
Scooby Regular

is this the same as a pregnant lady can ask a policeman for his helmet to have a wee in??
Old 01 March 2007, 07:54 PM
sociophobe
Scooby Regular

IF....... I was a rich man, ta da da da data da, unlike pikey lewis of course
Old 01 March 2007, 09:09 PM
andyhaase1
Scooby Regular

I cut 1 off in 1995.The wife was working as a district nurse and parked on some waste land next to a taxi rank to visit someone. She didn't see the signs cos they were too high up on a wall.She was also 6 months pregnant at the time.I had always told her that if she ever got clamped don't pay them and ring me,so she rang me and I turned up with my trusty hacksaw.It was a dodgy private clamping firm which relied on the cab drivers spotting victims parking, then telling the clampers to go get em.I turned up knowing I needed a few minutes before being spotted, to saw both halves of the chain link.I was almost thru the 2nd side when the clamper guy turned up.His face was a picture and he was almost lost for words.He got on his radio to his boss,who told him to clamp another wheel,I threatened him and he called the cops.Before the cops came,I'd cut the chain and moved the car to a safe place.When they turned up they were quite sympathetic but the clamping boss wanted me arrested for criminal damage,until one cop said to the guy "don't I know you from somewhere?".I explained that I could take the clamp to work that night and repair it, and the cops managed to persuade the clamper to let me fix it and return it the next day.I welded the chain link and took it back the day after. The clamping boss was a right meathead and he was very intimidating,saying he would still get his release fee via the dvla and solicitor.I didn't rise to it,but later that day I rang the car leasing company and dvla and told them under no circumstances were they to release our names and address.Never heard a thing about it!
Old 01 March 2007, 09:26 PM
milf hunter
Scooby Regular

i have a collection of them do any clampers want them back
Old 01 March 2007, 09:31 PM
gatty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andyhaase1
I cut 1 off in 1995.The wife was working as a district nurse and parked on some waste land next to a taxi rank to visit someone. She didn't see the signs cos they were too high up on a wall.She was also 6 months pregnant at the time.I had always told her that if she ever got clamped don't pay them and ring me,so she rang me and I turned up with my trusty hacksaw.It was a dodgy private clamping firm which relied on the cab drivers spotting victims parking, then telling the clampers to go get em.I turned up knowing I needed a few minutes before being spotted, to saw both halves of the chain link.I was almost thru the 2nd side when the clamper guy turned up.His face was a picture and he was almost lost for words.He got on his radio to his boss,who told him to clamp another wheel,I threatened him and he called the cops.Before the cops came,I'd cut the chain and moved the car to a safe place.When they turned up they were quite sympathetic but the clamping boss wanted me arrested for criminal damage,until one cop said to the guy "don't I know you from somewhere?".I explained that I could take the clamp to work that night and repair it, and the cops managed to persuade the clamper to let me fix it and return it the next day.I welded the chain link and took it back the day after. The clamping boss was a right meathead and he was very intimidating,saying he would still get his release fee via the dvla and solicitor.I didn't rise to it,but later that day I rang the car leasing company and dvla and told them under no circumstances were they to release our names and address.Never heard a thing about it!
good for you mate