Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

David Icke.

Search this Thread

Old 27 December 2006, 11:08 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default David Icke.

Having witnessed his very public humiliation on Wogan and Littlejohn about fifteen years ago, I watched him on Channel Five yesterday expecting to have another good laugh at his expense. What a complete eye opener! His views which are consistent with what he said all them years are being proven as correct. His notion of an Orwellian state are consistent with events around us. His protestation that we are being told what to think and what to do are IMHO true. I don't buy into his 'illuminati' theory but have to agree with a lot of what he says.

Maz
Old 27 December 2006, 11:28 AM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I remember him as being a total nut job as well. His listing on wikipedia confirms a slight problem with his illuminati conspiracy theory ....

At the heart of Icke's theories is the view that the world is ruled by a secret group called the "Global Elite" or "Illuminati," which he has linked to The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, an anti-Semitic hoax.[3][4] In 1999, he published The Biggest Secret, in which he wrote that the Illuminati are a race of reptilian humanoids known as the Babylonian Brotherhood, and that many prominent figures are reptilian, including George W. Bush, Queen Elizabeth II, Kris Kristofferson, and Boxcar Willie. [3][5]

What did ' boxcar ****' ever do to him?
Old 27 December 2006, 12:03 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

He did say that the royal family were aliens too.....
Old 27 December 2006, 12:10 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

I thought there might be a thread about this. I too tuned in for an hour of laughing at him again. It was good viewing and i could relate to a lot of what he said. However, when he started on about lizards and aliens ruling the world it was a bit of a shame TBH.

If he kept to our police state and dodgy govt policies then he might have more general appeal. As for his predictions, well, I'd like to see his full listing of predictions as I suspect there are a good deal that have turned out not to be true.

7 hour talk? Jesus, that's some effort!
Old 27 December 2006, 12:19 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

It was interesting listening to his views (and seeing what a bloater he's become !).

Much was made of the fact that some of his "prophecies" had come true.
However, I note that thse include the fact that these include "a major American city shall be attacked within the next few years" and "the US shall become involved in another major conflict involving either the Muslim nations or China" . Given that these predictions were only made in 1998, when there was sufficient info to arrive at these conclusions, I can hardly see how they are particularly Earth shattering. Maybe I should do the same "The USA shall get involved in another war in the next 7 years and GB shall follow suit" ! FFS !

I note that his more way out predictions, such as "the Isle of Arran will be completely inderwater within a few years" haven't come to fruition ! His fans tend to ignore these ideas !

C'mon guys let's face it, the man's a complete Cadburys !!

Andy Mc
Old 27 December 2006, 12:21 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
I thought there might be a thread about this. I too tuned in for an hour of laughing at him again. It was good viewing and i could relate to a lot of what he said. However, when he started on about lizards and aliens ruling the world it was a bit of a shame TBH.

If he kept to our police state and dodgy govt policies then he might have more general appeal. As for his predictions, well, I'd like to see his full listing of predictions as I suspect there are a good deal that have turned out not to be true.

Yep agree with all of what you say. He is an articulate and knowledgeable bloke who could put those qualities to good use if he dispensed with the 'lizard and alien' theories.
Old 27 December 2006, 12:24 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555

Aye, especially on the part of the audience !
Old 27 December 2006, 12:24 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx
It was interesting listening to his views (and seeing what a bloater he's become !).

Much was made of the fact that some of his "prophecies" had come true.
However, I note that thse include the fact that these include "a major American city shall be attacked within the next few years" and "the US shall become involved in another major conflict involving either the Muslim nations or China" . Given that these predictions were only made in 1998, when there was sufficient info to arrive at these conclusions, I can hardly see how they are particularly Earth shattering. Maybe I should do the same "The USA shall get involved in another war in the next 7 years and GB shall follow suit" ! FFS !

I note that his more way out predictions, such as "the Isle of Arran will be completely inderwater within a few years" haven't come to fruition ! His fans tend to ignore these ideas !

C'mon guys let's face it, the man's a complete Cadburys !!

Andy Mc

Hola Andy. He wasn't exactly athletic was he? Granted some of what he says is codswallop but a lot of what he says does make sense. He was banging on about thought control at the end of Wogan, that was at least fifiteen years ago.
Old 27 December 2006, 12:25 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
Having witnessed his very public humiliation on Wogan and Littlejohn about fifteen years ago,

Maz
Maz, Como estas amigo ! So you can remember what you watched when you were 10 yrs old ??
Old 27 December 2006, 12:28 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx
Maz, Como estas amigo ! So you can remember what you watched when you were 10 yrs old ??

The cheque is in the post.
Old 27 December 2006, 12:28 PM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

Does he still where the mauve shell suits???
Old 27 December 2006, 12:33 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

I think Mr Lizard suffers in the same way as a witness in a courtroom discredited by a Barrister drawing the attention of the jury to one single incidence where the witness was lying, however trivial. The Alien/Thought control stuff might not be a lie from his point of view, but they certainly discredit him !
Old 27 December 2006, 12:36 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Adidas
Does he still where the mauve shell suits???
No, but he's gone from being a bloke that would have been popular with the ladies to a bloke with a large belly on a wee body and a mingin' mole on his chubby cheeks !

Mind you both his Ex and current wife seemed to think the sun shone out of his **** !
Old 27 December 2006, 04:12 PM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Needs taking to the asylum! Theres nothing specific or accurate or indeed correct about his predictions, his fans will read into them what they will.
Old 27 December 2006, 05:56 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by GaryK
Needs taking to the asylum! Theres nothing specific or accurate or indeed correct about his predictions, his fans will read into them what they will.

Point taken on the open to interpretation front. However I completely agree with his notion of control of the masses and spoon feeding of information and news.
Old 27 December 2006, 06:17 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Some of his points were very interesting, and I haven't heard them aired on tv before to the degree he took them to. I'd imagine he'd have a significantly larger following if it wasn't for his more wacky ideas.

The notion that the powers that be pursue a foreign policy flying the flag of democracy, yet constantly bring wave after wave of opressive legislation on their home countries is quite ironic. I'd like to see more debate on areas like this as there doesn't seem to be anybody in this area that has a mainstream platform.

The programme did seem a little lite, possibly due to the hour timeslot. I would like to watch a specific series of documentaries from him explaining his theories. I wouldn't want to know about lizards and aliens though, sort of cheapens his 1984 style views.
Old 28 December 2006, 10:33 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

"........7 hour talk? Jesus, that's some effort!...."

Not really - he did say he was the 'Son of God' during his Wogan interview!!!
Old 28 December 2006, 10:36 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by albob
"........7 hour talk? Jesus, that's some effort!...."

Not really - he did say he was the 'Son of God' during his Wogan interview!!!

Not really apt when one is sat there dressed in a mauve shell suit.
Old 28 December 2006, 10:41 PM
Moonloops
Scooby Regular

If you look god in they eye, all you will see is a reflection of yourself.

god is man, man is god - and to live a full and proper life all you need to do is recite the scripts from english soap operas..

.. hope that helps...

Old 28 December 2006, 10:51 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Moonloops
If you look god in they eye, all you will see is a reflection of yourself.

god is man, man is god - and to live a full and proper life all you need to do is recite the scripts from english soap operas..

.. hope that helps...

That's a narcissistic notion.
Old 29 December 2006, 12:08 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

So he either read Orwell and adopted his foreseeing ideas or he worked it out for himself. Either way it is a real and accurate warning to us for the possible future.

Les
Old 29 December 2006, 12:39 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

soon to be bankrupt?

Janet Tappin Coelho asks So was David Icke right? | The Guardian | Guardian Unlimited