Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Has anyone else got a doctors as useless as mine?

Search this Thread

Old 27 November 2006, 02:31 PM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone else got a doctors as useless as mine?

In brief i need to see a doctor-so early this morning i rang surgery-"can i make an appointment to see my doctor please?"...... nope he is off till thursday, "fair enough, ok can i see any doctor then?"........no we are fully booked up for this morning now,...."so can i make an appointment to see a doctor this afternoon then?".......yes, ring back when surgery opens at 2pm....u see at my doctors if u wanna see a doctor in morning then u can only book up that morning and if u need to see one in afternoon u cant book it till it is afternoon...problem this causes is now at 2.30 pm i still cant get thro-phone is continually engaged....and if u aint careful by time u do get thro they are fully booked

i do hope i get one of these patient questionnaires to fill out-will rate my doctors as bloody useless, no correction...doctors fine...booking system bloody useless...rant over for now
Old 27 November 2006, 02:32 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

yes i have one- i use ring back to save keep phoning up
Old 27 November 2006, 02:33 PM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

how do u do that-i just have to keep hitting re-dial

Originally Posted by powerwrx
yes i have one- i use ring back to save keep phoning up
Old 27 November 2006, 02:34 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

This is because of government targets again. The only way to meet the targets for the time between booking and appointments, is to refuse to take bookings until the last possible moment.
Old 27 November 2006, 02:36 PM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

I know what causes it-eventually got thro at last-while im down there think i will ask for some stress tablets lol
Old 27 November 2006, 02:37 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

when you hear the engaged tone press 5 and ring back will be started. then when they get off the phone your phone will ring and you will get through
Old 27 November 2006, 02:39 PM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

thanks just got thro tho

Originally Posted by powerwrx
when you hear the engaged tone press 5 and ring back will be started. then when they get off the phone your phone will ring and you will get through
Old 27 November 2006, 02:40 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

got an appointment friday just gone.

for three weeks time !!

fcukwits

Last edited by hectic; 27 November 2006 at 02:44 PM.
Old 27 November 2006, 02:54 PM
suprabeast
Scooby Regular

ours now has a walk in centre between 8:30 and 10:30, its great cos you just turn up.

And if you're there at 8:25, you're almost guaranteed first in!
Old 27 November 2006, 04:07 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by ^OPM^
In brief i need to see a doctor-so early this morning i rang surgery-"can i make an appointment to see my doctor please?"...... nope he is off till thursday, "fair enough, ok can i see any doctor then?"........no we are fully booked up for this morning now,...."so can i make an appointment to see a doctor this afternoon then?".......yes, ring back when surgery opens at 2pm....u see at my doctors if u wanna see a doctor in morning then u can only book up that morning and if u need to see one in afternoon u cant book it till it is afternoon...problem this causes is now at 2.30 pm i still cant get thro-phone is continually engaged....and if u aint careful by time u do get thro they are fully booked

i do hope i get one of these patient questionnaires to fill out-will rate my doctors as bloody useless, no correction...doctors fine...booking system bloody useless...rant over for now
Hi mate,

Did you know you can ask for an emergency appointment and they'll generally fit you in at the end of the morning appointments. Obviously you should only do this if it is urgent, but the option should be there.

You will probably have to put up with a receptionist asking about your symptoms, which I refuse to discuss! If they get funny, and insist I tell them what's wrong with me, I shout down the phone:

"TONSILLITIS"

To which they invariably reply:

"Well, it's your own fault; you should have used a condom!"

Joke shamelessly ripped off Jasper Carrott

Ns04
Old 27 November 2006, 04:14 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

i can beat that! my doctor thought i had a ear infection when i had tinnitus lmao im swapping as soon as my claim is over. when you walk in there they are totally ignorant and dont even listen to what you're telling them!
Old 27 November 2006, 04:50 PM
Lydia72
Scooby Regular

Mine is quite useless at the moment, he has just been banged up for four years for sexually assaulting female patients. Do I win?
Old 27 November 2006, 04:56 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Lydia72
Mine is quite useless at the moment, he has just been banged up for four years for sexually assaulting female patients. Do I win?
A prize for inadvertantly chosing your words very well??

Maybe the doc in question just took the phrase:

"She's been under the doctor for a week" a little too literally!
Old 27 November 2006, 04:56 PM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

It's always interesting to see which profession or walk-of-life will next be generalised! Still - at least some of us are proud of the work we do and the way we try to do what's best for the patient.

I think you'll find that the reason that a lot of surgeries only make appointments for later that morning or afternoon is to try to combat the rising number of ignorant, self-obsessed, selfish people who make appointments and don't keep them. This is a waste of the doctor's time and prevents other people who genuinely ARE ill from getting medical attention. So while not all doctors are perfect, the only people you have to blame are the people described above who have spoilt another good thing for the masses.

In addition, at my surgery, we have two 3 hour walk-in surgeries EVERY DAY. one from 8:30 until 11:30 and one from 2:30 until 5:30. Each of these has a minimum of two doctors and a nurse on duty on a rotating basis to allow for house calls and emergency callouts.

I hope your doctor is sympathetic to your symptoms and that you are feeling better soon. Failing that, come back and see me in two weeks
Old 27 November 2006, 05:06 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by mad_dr
It's always interesting to see which profession or walk-of-life will next be generalised! Still - at least some of us are proud of the work we do and the way we try to do what's best for the patient.

I think you'll find that the reason that a lot of surgeries only make appointments for later that morning or afternoon is to try to combat the rising number of ignorant, self-obsessed, selfish people who make appointments and don't keep them. This is a waste of the doctor's time and prevents other people who genuinely ARE ill from getting medical attention. So while not all doctors are perfect, the only people you have to blame are the people described above who have spoilt another good thing for the masses.

In addition, at my surgery, we have two 3 hour walk-in surgeries EVERY DAY. one from 8:30 until 11:30 and one from 2:30 until 5:30. Each of these has a minimum of two doctors and a nurse on duty on a rotating basis to allow for house calls and emergency callouts.

I hope your doctor is sympathetic to your symptoms and that you are feeling better soon. Failing that, come back and see me in two weeks
Yes, I think it's important to 1) Distinguish between surgeries and doctors themselves! My Doctor is great; the problem I have is the hoops I have to jump through to see her!! 2) Accept that you get bad apples in every profession and shouldn't generalise based on a bad experience of one Dr.

Dr. Ns04 (fortunately, I deal with people noggins; I hate germs!!!)
Old 27 November 2006, 05:10 PM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

Our doctors are horrendous.. all appointments are released on the day, so you can't book ahead. If you want an appointment, you have to call at 8am. But then the damn line is engaged (ring-back doesn't work), you then redial constantly only to get through at 8:10 to find all appointments have gone and you have to call back tomorrow at 8:00.

FFS
Old 28 November 2006, 11:09 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It is all down to the Goverment's target driven system. The surgeries are not prepared to risk the Government's displeasure if the appointments go wrong.

Les