Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

I found the underground last night.

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2006, 02:14 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I found the underground last night.

Its been seriously difficult not going out. To go from out every weekend to virtually housebound (cos raving is pretty much all I do) at the weekend is not fun at all.
Take last night, A friend took pity on me and invited me to Revolution in Beconsfield, which, despite the goons and trendies in their £1000 shirts was good fun. If nothing else it was nice to hear music at proper volume (cos lets face it, its been a while)
However, being back at hers for 12.30 was not what I had in mind. So when Moz called up and suggested a rave down near Winchester, I was all ears. I was not supposed to go, but Moz assured me that if he saw me ****ing up my ankle (or dancing if you want the normal term) again, he'd put a stop with it. I'm sure the fact I was willing to drive him, Jordi, Kev and Will down past Winchester had nothing to do with it :wink:
So all was going well till we got past J5 of the M3 and we got a phone call saying the party had been busted. Furious phone calls were exchanged to find an alternative with a party up past Bedford and one in inner london being the most promising
We were in two minds about where to go, so with Jordi being the birthday boy, it was down to him. London it was.
I dont mind admitting I was a little apprehensive. I've heard a lot about London "squat parties" (ugh) and tbh, I would have preffered the bedford party, but I pressed on regardless.
How wrong could one astraboy be? We got there (not saying where though) about 4am and payed 5 quid on the door while a huge bloke dressed in black and with a skinhead looked us over before letting us in. I realised this party had security. 8)
However, knowing there were people there to prevent trouble was nothing compared to walking in the place. It werent a squat party, it was a rave. People werent slumped in the corner, there were ravers going for it in front of the stacks. As well as that, there was lighting, projectors, lasers, and a full on live stage.
Upstairs was the second arena, with equally good production and decor, as well as the compulsary moody bar at the back.
All in, there were about 1000 people in the place, consisiting of people from all walks of life, punks mixed with ravers, trendies, goths, hippies and "normal" people.
But that werent the best thing, no, the best thing was the music. I was expecting techno, but what I got was drum and bass (both classic and upfront) as well as several live bands downstairs, mostly punk efforts which were different, as well as angry and energy charged into the bargain.
The best thing about the DnB was the downstairs arena, there was was no jabbering MC, just a DJ who was at the back of the arena (everyone was facing the stacks, must be weird to play to a crowd with their backs turned to you) rinsing out some seriously good energy filled breakbeat driven DnB, not forgetting the nice intelligent interludes.
But head and shoulders above the music was the crowds reaction to it. No blinging out, no ratboys giving it, just up for it raving to the music.
So not only did I get to have my faith restored in london illegal raves, I got to dance with the sort of people I prefer to dance with when I go to DnB raves.
Ah yes, the dancing. I managed to cope without injuring myself any more, but that was mainly down to taking it easy (by my standards) and keeping my weight off it unless I had to. I now have backache, but it was worth it!
Why?
Cos last night, I found the underground. It was the classic rave mission, with only the absoloutely dertermined making it to the party. When we got there, it was packed and bouncing and you genuinely didnt know what was coming next. Exactly what I needed and ****ing wicked into the bargain.

Shouts to Kev, Birthday boy jordi, Will, Donna, Tania, Francesca, and last but not least moz, for putting his foot down and insisting i come to one of the most memorable nights of the year.
astraboy
Old 26 November 2006, 02:15 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Right, pictures!
Only a couple cos it was so dark in there, but they sum the night up perfectly.

Old 26 November 2006, 02:18 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Big box, little box, big box, little box........... hang on a mo! a THOUSAND POUNDS for a feckin shirt

Where the **** do you buy those from?
Old 26 November 2006, 02:19 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

looks quite pro for a fiver!
Old 26 November 2006, 02:39 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

lets face it back in the days of good old rave ups no ****** was abusive or lary, everybody loved eachother lol

now all you get is **** heads starting fights, nothing better than being able to relax and let your radar guard down fair play looks a good night, dont think i could hack the pace though lol even with a bit of speed and a pill id be sweating me **** off lol
Old 26 November 2006, 11:07 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

heres a few more at higher resolution
Yes, it was held in a skate park
astraboy.

Old 26 November 2006, 11:11 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Gimps.