Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Memorial Tatoo

Search this Thread

Old 13 November 2006, 05:00 PM
jonathan100
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memorial Tatoo

Right i've decided to get a memorial tattoo and i'm after a bit of help! Anyone on here a tattoo artist per chance or know anyone who is?
A little history as to why i'm getting it. Sadly I lost my mum to a heart attack when i was 19 back in 2001 and also this year in jan i lost one of my best friends. I've got a tribal tatoo between my shoulders so i've got an idea of the pain etc i'll have to go through. I've gone round all the tattoo sites on the internet for ideas but i've come up with nothing i like. I like the idea of having their initals in there some where but can't decide on the main point of focus. If anyone has any ideas they will be gratefully recived.

My mums inital where JCM
my mates IBS (no jokes please)
my mums fav flower was a daffodil
maybe including a cross/crucifix

This is a genuine post!! if you are gonna post nasty sarcastic replys then please don't bother. Ta
Old 13 November 2006, 05:10 PM
G-STAR
Scooby Regular

I had mine designed by an artist on deviantART - I suggest having a look through some of the submissions, perhaps you'll find some inspiration.

Browse deviantART: Tattoo Design

Last edited by G-STAR; 13 November 2006 at 05:13 PM.
Old 13 November 2006, 05:32 PM
jonathan100
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by G-STAR
I had mine designed by an artist on deviantART - I suggest having a look through some of the submissions, perhaps you'll find some inspiration.

Browse deviantART: Tattoo Design
Thanks mate i'll take a look
Old 13 November 2006, 05:56 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

I seen your location is Leamington Spa, I found this link on the net to a tattoo place in Leamington Spa

------------JinTattoo------------
Old 13 November 2006, 06:02 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

That's a great idea, although if I were you I would reconsider having your best mate referenced in the same tattoo as your mother, it makes it all a bit too 'busy'....

But you sound as if you need inspiration, if you have sky watch 'miami ink' lots of ideas on what looks appropriate/good (as you'll have it forever) as well as respectful.....

Take a picture & post back once it's been done
Old 13 November 2006, 06:05 PM
jonathan100
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Julz1983
I seen your location is Leamington Spa, I found this link on the net to a tattoo place in Leamington Spa

------------JinTattoo------------
Jesus! i've lived in lem all of my life and did not even know about that place. Thanks the wonders of the internet.
Old 13 November 2006, 06:08 PM
jonathan100
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
That's a great idea, although if I were you I would reconsider having your best mate referenced in the same tattoo as your mother, it makes it all a bit too 'busy'....

But you sound as if you need inspiration, if you have sky watch 'miami ink' lots of ideas on what looks appropriate/good (as you'll have it forever) as well as respectful.....

Take a picture & post back once it's been done
Watch miami Ink all the time and it just makes me want it get it done even more. As you said it will be on my body for the rest of my life so i've kinda got to get it right first time lol
Old 13 November 2006, 06:13 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

My cousin is a piercing and tattoo artist, he even sits and does his own
I was going to get one done ages ago from him, it was going to be a dolphin round my belly button, glad now I changed my mind as when I was pregnant it would have been a whale! But I have been reconsidering getting something done recently, I just can't make up my mind, but it needs to be something that you won't change your mind about as you can't just rub it off when you fancy a change.
Old 13 November 2006, 06:22 PM
jonathan100
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Julz1983
My cousin is a piercing and tattoo artist, he even sits and does his own
I was going to get one done ages ago from him, it was going to be a dolphin round my belly button, glad now I changed my mind as when I was pregnant it would have been a whale! But I have been reconsidering getting something done recently, I just can't make up my mind, but it needs to be something that you won't change your mind about as you can't just rub it off when you fancy a change.
Ye know what you mean! i know of at least 3 people who had bands done round the tops of there arms 'because it was in fastion' and wish they had never got it done. I'd rather spend six month planning it and get it right.Then rush and get it wrong