Old 06 November 2006, 12:28 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06 November 2006, 01:09 PM
gingerprince
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...except YouTube is regulated insofar as any video submitted is re-encoded by them to Flash Video, which uses Macromedia Flash Player to view. So creating a video with "my bad codec" encoding and sending to youtube would at best be re-encoded and therefore not damaging, or at worst not re-encoded by youtube because they don't support "my bad codec" encoded files.
Old 06 November 2006, 01:11 PM
rallying1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gingerprince
...except YouTube is regulated insofar as any video submitted is re-encoded by them to Flash Video, which uses Macromedia Flash Player to view. So creating a video with "my bad codec" encoding and sending to youtube would at best be re-encoded and therefore not damaging, or at worst not re-encoded by youtube because they don't support "my bad codec" encoded files.
I have no Idea what you just said
Old 06 November 2006, 01:17 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

If you read his post again, it's quite simple.

To someone who knows what the **** he's on about. I'm with you Rally. It's Gobbledygook to me too.
Old 06 November 2006, 01:21 PM
ZeroRisk
Scooby Regular

I'm guessing he means that if they use some dodgy codec, (i.e. the thing that makes the video play), to upload the virus video with, when youtube tries to convert it to flash, it won't work as the video won't be compatible as the list of codecs will be minimal.

I think that's what he means anyway...
Old 06 November 2006, 01:30 PM
gingerprince
Scooby Newbie

sorry yes basically youtube don't publish videos "as-is", they re-encode them. think of videos you get different formats like AVI, MPG and WMV (just look at the file type on your p0rn collection, there'll be different ones ) Each one is a different way of storing video. Youtube use a different format again, Flash Video - which uses Macromedia Flash to play.

When someone submits a video to youtube, they convert the file you send into Flash Video, then publish it. So any malicia will be removed. Youtube also only take certain file formats, so chances are they won't take the formats that are malicious anyway.

If you don't get it this time, just nod, grin and go watch some youtube
Old 06 November 2006, 01:31 PM
RoShamBo
Scooby Regular

Even I understood that - and thats coming from someone who struggles to work a calculator !

R.
Old 06 November 2006, 01:32 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

A gathering of geeks
Old 06 November 2006, 01:34 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
A gathering of geeks
Old 06 November 2006, 01:35 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

I'll make it simple

Youtube - no risk
Old 06 November 2006, 01:38 PM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

Are you tube videos you watch stored on your own computer then

I thought you were just watching a video on their site?

Non geek
Old 06 November 2006, 01:39 PM
rallying1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gingerprince
sorry yes basically youtube don't publish videos "as-is", they re-encode them. think of videos you get different formats like AVI, MPG and WMV (just look at the file type on your p0rn collection, there'll be different ones ) Each one is a different way of storing video. Youtube use a different format again, Flash Video - which uses Macromedia Flash to play.

When someone submits a video to youtube, they convert the file you send into Flash Video, then publish it. So any malicia will be removed. Youtube also only take certain file formats, so chances are they won't take the formats that are malicious anyway.

If you don't get it this time, just nod, grin and go watch some youtube
Roger that , Over and Out
Old 06 November 2006, 01:56 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by rallying1
Roger that , Over and Out
"Roger, Over and Out" is not correct radio proceedure, "Roger" and "Over" signify that you are awaiting a reply from the other person, "Out" means you have terminated the conversation and do not expect any further communication with the 3rd party.

So "Over and Out" is a bad hollywoodism and incorrect.

HTH
Old 06 November 2006, 02:04 PM
rallying1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
"Roger, Over and Out" is not correct radio proceedure, "Roger" and "Over" signify that you are awaiting a reply from the other person, "Out" means you have terminated the conversation and do not expect any further communication with the 3rd party.

HTH
Sorry matey Im ex III Para, signals wasnt my strong point
(and yes it was a long time ago)

Germany? Osnabrook 'Kandahah Barracks ( always fekin cold)
or was kandahah in Tidworth, OMG Im losing my mind and Im only in my 40's!!!!
Old 06 November 2006, 02:06 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

10 4 good buddy!
Old 06 November 2006, 02:07 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

(I wanted to join the paras after seeing em on telly, looks bloody hard work though so didn't bother! )
Old 06 November 2006, 02:10 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Cool

Sorry matey Im ex III Para, signals wasnt my strong point
(and yes it was a long time ago)

Germany? Osnabrook 'Kandahah Barracks ( always fekin cold)
or was kandahah in Tidworth, OMG Im losing my mind and Im only in my 40's!!!!
We used the Para assault course at Browning Barracks a few times, only other time we encountered them was by fooking up one of their attacks on the FIBUA village on Salisbury plain whilst 21 SAS were holed up inside waiting to get bumped

No idea where Kandahah BKs is I only know Mansa(sp) brks in Guttersloh
Old 06 November 2006, 02:15 PM
JamieMacdonald
Scooby Regular

HTH
Click me
Old 06 November 2006, 02:15 PM
rallying1
Scooby Regular

We used the Para assault course at Browning Barracks a few times, only other time we encountered them was by fooking up one of their attacks on the FIBUA village on Salisbury plain whilst 21 SAS were holed up inside waiting to get bumped

No idea where Kandahah BKs is I only know Mansa(sp) brks in Guttersloh
We used to call it 'Osnatraz' cos once you were posted there it was a nightmare trying to get out!! Kanda was at Tidworth my dusty memory is coming back slowly!!
I went back to Aldershot a few weeks ago to dine out a mate who has done his 22 yrs, everyone has gone now to Colchester, and they are called the '16th hairy ar8ehole brigade' or something like that
It was a typical Para re-union, talk about what we did (or didnt do) in the Falklands and then have a fight about it happy days!
Old 06 November 2006, 02:17 PM
rallying1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BOB.T
(I wanted to join the paras after seeing em on telly, looks bloody hard work though so didn't bother! )

Yeah its hard graft but when your young its not too bad , wouldn't want to do 'P' coy again now thats for sure!!
Old 06 November 2006, 02:28 PM
orbix
Scooby Regular

HTH
Doesn't Roger = comfirmation/understand message as in 'Roger so far over' so you can use Roger with 'Over' and 'Out'.
Old 06 November 2006, 02:37 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Cool

We used to call it 'Osnatraz' cos once you were posted there it was a nightmare trying to get out!! Kanda was at Tidworth my dusty memory is coming back slowly!!
I went back to Aldershot a few weeks ago to dine out a mate who has done his 22 yrs, everyone has gone now to Colchester, and they are called the '16th hairy ar8ehole brigade' or something like that
It was a typical Para re-union, talk about what we did (or didnt do) in the Falklands and then have a fight about it happy days!
I was down in the Falklands in 91 and my PC was an ex para, 3 para I think he was a LCLP in the paras and a right **** with a plum in his gob, so they shipped him off to the chocolate factory to make a Rupert out of him, funny thing was in the paras he was the Btn photographer.

He came to us fresh from Sandhurst, keen as mustard.

so naturally he showed all his keen and willing by beasting us around 2 days after arrriving down there from Cyprus, so summer to winter in 18 hours.

Anyway to cut a long story short we had a week of R&R so he decided to spend it tabbing from Port San Carlos to Port Stanley. I decided that as I was the biggest thorn in his side I would tag along as his radio op, as I knew this would **** him off no end. So we loaded our bergens with 120lb as per 2 para and he weighed them, then we went back to our rooms and chucked it all out and took the basics, then set off to get the heli to san carlos, stayed there the night and set off to goose green, Burnside house, Douglas station, Mount Kent, Tmbledown etc etc, did the same route 2 para took in 81, except we did it without the hinderence of Argies anyway on the home staright towards stanley passing the mine fields he started lagging and got really arsey when we all systematically overtook him, after we were about a mile in front of him we stopped and waited, he came bimbleing past without a word, so we let him go a few hundred metres then set of after him, caught him up and he stopped. he then told us that under no circumstances were we to get ahead of him again. so we set off towards stanley and I caught him, walked along side chatting them moved ahead, next guy came along walked by him chatted and moved ahead and so on and so on I think you get the picture. Anyway we got to the town boundry and I formed up the section which was 3 LTs, few cpls and 3 privates me being one of them, and I marched the section into Stanley right upto the door of the Globe and then fell everyone out, the note on the door of the globe said no work clothes or combats, so one of the cpls went in and spoke to the landlord, who agreed we could go in so we all trooped in dumped our bergans and webbing in a heap in the middle of the floor then proceeded to get bladdered, we sent our rupert to call MP for a truck to come and pick us up, that took over an hour to arrive.

The next day we had to go out on patrol for a week, we got dropped off by chopper on west Falkland at a sealing station where we stayed for 2 days as our rupert had sore feet, we tabbed for another day to a sheep farm where we stayed for another 3 days and hearded sheep, so inspite of him being a **** it paid off being in his section for the patrol as we got to do nowt for a week, I radiod base to get them to retask the chopper to our new location.

No idea if you know this guy but his name was Mark Lindsay or Lindsey not sure how you spell it.
Old 06 November 2006, 02:38 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Cool

Originally Posted by orbix
Doesn't Roger = comfirmation/understand message as in 'Roger so far over' so you can use Roger with 'Over' and 'Out'.
Perfectly true you can use roger over or roger out or just roger on it's own indicating you want a reply. you can also use roger that.
Old 06 November 2006, 02:51 PM
Norman D. Landing
Scooby Regular

shipped him off to the chocolate factory to make a Rupert out of him
I'm sure theres a sexual euphamism in there somewhere !
Old 06 November 2006, 02:55 PM
555Rob555
Scooby Regular

We used to call it 'Osnatraz' cos once you were posted there it was a nightmare trying to get out!!
Still is called 'Traz. Most guys don't know why though. It is closing down in the next couple of years.

In a strang twist of fate, 'Traz is one of the better postings in Germany. Probally why they are closing it!
Old 06 November 2006, 03:11 PM
rallying1
Scooby Regular

I was down in the Falklands in 91 and my PC was an ex para, 3 para I think he was a LCLP in the paras and a right **** with a plum in his gob, so they shipped him off to the chocolate factory to make a Rupert out of him, funny thing was in the paras he was the Btn photographer.

He came to us fresh from Sandhurst, keen as mustard.

so naturally he showed all his keen and willing by beasting us around 2 days after arrriving down there from Cyprus, so summer to winter in 18 hours.

Anyway to cut a long story short we had a week of R&R so he decided to spend it tabbing from Port San Carlos to Port Stanley. I decided that as I was the biggest thorn in his side I would tag along as his radio op, as I knew this would **** him off no end. So we loaded our bergens with 120lb as per 2 para and he weighed them, then we went back to our rooms and chucked it all out and took the basics, then set off to get the heli to san carlos, stayed there the night and set off to goose green, Burnside house, Douglas station, Mount Kent, Tmbledown etc etc, did the same route 2 para took in 81, except we did it without the hinderence of Argies anyway on the home staright towards stanley passing the mine fields he started lagging and got really arsey when we all systematically overtook him, after we were about a mile in front of him we stopped and waited, he came bimbleing past without a word, so we let him go a few hundred metres then set of after him, caught him up and he stopped. he then told us that under no circumstances were we to get ahead of him again. so we set off towards stanley and I caught him, walked along side chatting them moved ahead, next guy came along walked by him chatted and moved ahead and so on and so on I think you get the picture. Anyway we got to the town boundry and I formed up the section which was 3 LTs, few cpls and 3 privates me being one of them, and I marched the section into Stanley right upto the door of the Globe and then fell everyone out, the note on the door of the globe said no work clothes or combats, so one of the cpls went in and spoke to the landlord, who agreed we could go in so we all trooped in dumped our bergans and webbing in a heap in the middle of the floor then proceeded to get bladdered, we sent our rupert to call MP for a truck to come and pick us up, that took over an hour to arrive.

The next day we had to go out on patrol for a week, we got dropped off by chopper on west Falkland at a sealing station where we stayed for 2 days as our rupert had sore feet, we tabbed for another day to a sheep farm where we stayed for another 3 days and hearded sheep, so inspite of him being a **** it paid off being in his section for the patrol as we got to do nowt for a week, I radiod base to get them to retask the chopper to our new location.

No idea if you know this guy but his name was Mark Lindsay or Lindsey not sure how you spell it.
I hope the beer is better in stanley than it was in 82? It was bottled Tartan bitter, fekin rank mate but after the previous couple of weeks I drank it!! (then threw up)

dunno who your PC was, but arent they all *****? our PC was a guy called Mike Oliver, we had an SNCO called Geoff Deaney he was an obsolute pr....k, I would have the PC over him any day.

I was going to go back for the 2o yr memorial jobbie in 02 but I decided to let sleeping dogs and all that!! All I remember was endless tabbing and no water, I went though more steri tabs than my old woman goes through pound coins!! Most of us wernt wearing and sids at the end of it ( nice thought eh?) and we stank!! A guy called Denzil Connick is a big light in the vets thing, we used to call him 'frog' cant remember why, he used to sing opera when pissed, bless him!!
A few lads went A over T on those sodding tussock lumps, we called them babys heads even though they wernt beef puddings!!
Is Stanley still a sea of tin roofs?

maybe we are getting off thread slightly here?
Old 06 November 2006, 03:16 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Cool

I hope the beer is better in stanley than it was in 82? It was bottled Tartan bitter, fekin rank mate but after the previous couple of weeks I drank it!! (then threw up)

dunno who your PC was, but arent they all *****? our PC was a guy called Mike Oliver, we had an SNCO called Geoff Deaney he was an obsolute pr....k, I would have the PC over him any day.

I was going to go back for the 2o yr memorial jobbie in 02 but I decided to let sleeping dogs and all that!! All I remember was endless tabbing and no water, I went though more steri tabs than my old woman goes through pound coins!! Most of us wernt wearing and sids at the end of it ( nice thought eh?) and we stank!! A guy called Denzil Connick is a big light in the vets thing, we used to call him 'frog' cant remember why, he used to sing opera when pissed, bless him!!
A few lads went A over T on those sodding tussock lumps, we called them babys heads even though they wernt beef puddings!!
Is Stanley still a sea of tin roofs?

maybe we are getting off thread slightly here?
Funny that we called them baby heads aswell

and yep Stanley was a sea of red and green wriggly tin roofs, I suspect it has modernised now

and yep I thing we have strayed off topic sumwhat
Old 06 November 2006, 03:23 PM
rallying1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 555Rob555
Still is called 'Traz. Most guys don't know why though. It is closing down in the next couple of years.

In a strang twist of fate, 'Traz is one of the better postings in Germany. Probally why they are closing it!
Kin Hell if thats a good posting I wouldnt want a bad one!!!