Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lik sang closing down

shock shock ,, has anyone noticed this

Important Notice: Lik-Sang.com Out of Business due to Multiple Sony Lawsuits
Old 31 October 2006, 01:57 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

I heard about this a week or so ago on a tech blog. I have no idea who they are though!
Old 31 October 2006, 08:59 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Blame Sony
Old 31 October 2006, 11:44 AM
rik1471
Scooby Regular

"Blame it on Sony. That's the latest dark spot in their shameful track record as gaming industry leader. The Empire finally 'won', few dominating retailers from the UK probably will rejoice the news, but everybody else in the gaming world lost something today."
What baffles me is why do Sony announce their console as region free, then go after anyone who dares to import goods.

Play-Asia have also announced that they're not importing Sony products to EU anymore.

Thanks Sony!
Old 31 October 2006, 11:50 AM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

It's disgusting really, Sony are restricting the free market and I am stunned that the courts backed them up.

It wasn't as if Lik-Sang were selling illegal goods, they had already purchased the goods (Sony had already made money) and were just reselling them on.
Old 31 October 2006, 11:58 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rik1471
What baffles me is why do Sony announce their console as region free, then go after anyone who dares to import goods.
Probably just like every other company in the world, they'll charge European customers more per unit than anywhere else in the world. So A company importing units into Europe is cutting Sony's profits. Even more so in the UK, where no doubt they charge us even more than in mainland Europe.
Old 31 October 2006, 12:25 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Sony Europe would have been making no money from a large percentage of European sales, if it stayed that way Sony Europe would have shrunk, you either have some representation here in Europe or import everything and save a few quid. Some people moan about call centers being off shore, some people moan about not being able to save a fiver. Nobody's ever happy.
Old 31 October 2006, 12:26 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

I read on the BBC i think, that Sony are sueing Lik Sang, or something like that. that could be why they're closing...
Old 31 October 2006, 12:33 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JackClark
Sony Europe would have been making no money from a large percentage of European sales, if it stayed that way Sony Europe would have shrunk, you either have some representation here in Europe or import everything and save a few quid. Some people moan about call centers being off shore, some people moan about not being able to save a fiver. Nobody's ever happy.
All from the man who got a load of jap PSP's imported
Old 31 October 2006, 12:50 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm not complaining. Oh and I've used Lik Sang before as well, very good service.
Old 31 October 2006, 01:04 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GazTheHat
I read on the BBC i think, that Sony are sueing Lik Sang, or something like that. that could be why they're closing...
F*cked-up EU law allows a manufacturer/official importer to declare genuine but unofficial goods as counterfeits: thats the avenue that Sony will doubtless pursue. If you remember Levi did it a few years ago: they admitted that the goods had been manufactured by them but they were still destroyed as counterfeit! As you see, you can push through any law that suits you in Europe, as long as youre prepared to ride; and make sufficient contribution to, the gravy-train.....

Simon
Old 31 October 2006, 01:24 PM
Fantom
Scooby Regular

Simple Solution. Don't buy a bloody playstation 3. Then guess what happens, the price goes down!!!! Supply versus demand. Consumers have the power to change things but they won't work together, therefore the Brits will always get conned as we HAVE to have our stuff straight away.
Old 31 October 2006, 04:40 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fantom
Simple Solution. Don't buy a bloody playstation 3. Then guess what happens, the price goes down!!!! Supply versus demand. Consumers have the power to change things but they won't work together, therefore the Brits will always get conned as we HAVE to have our stuff straight away.
True, but in theory it would be good, in reality it wont happen. The only thing to stop it, is being after xmas, and the wii & x360 already being out before santa arrives.
Old 31 October 2006, 06:23 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Is lik sang the lady boy bar we all visit on our trips to Bangkok? If so I'm not suprised it's shut down! It's nothing to do with Sony folks, I heard the Taiwanese health and safety exec stopped getting their discounts and stopped being lenient...
Old 31 October 2006, 10:40 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

I thought it was some sort on Chinese beer

Seriously though, how can this country have a global free trade when it supports this. Whilst at the same time it has to endure the "rip-off Britain" slur, where trading standards continuously investigating companies for creating cartells and overpricing goods, only to be forced into submission when they are presented with some very cleverly cooked books and account records as proof for justifying their higher prices.

It's like Subaru sueing Litchfield imports for selling imported Subarus, instead of using their official importer (I.M.). Strange really, as this area of the market has been opened up to allow more overseas trade of vehicles, especially within the EU. Whilst at the same time selling imported Playstations is now considered unlawful, if not done via the "offical" importer (Sony Europe). Madness

Last edited by Shark Man; 31 October 2006 at 10:50 PM.
Old 31 October 2006, 11:49 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Every penny counts when you've had to recall lots of batteries.
Old 01 November 2006, 12:53 AM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

so will they sue ebayers, people from china who would send to worldwide?
Old 01 November 2006, 06:31 AM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Screw you Sony Scumbags!

If I chose to buy a PS3 from Lik Sang then I am still buying a bloody Sony product, still increasing the market share for Sony and would puchase further Sony games.

Sony are controlling the world market, they have become to powerful and are able to close down the small guys like Lik Sang. Do they really think the few number of advanced international sales really would have hurt Sony Europe? Only die hard Sony fans buy at a premium from overseas to get the latest technology and this is how you treat your supporters?

I'll be buying a Wii not a PS3
Old 01 November 2006, 09:00 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shark Man
selling imported Playstations is now considered unlawful, if not done via the "offical" importer (Sony Europe). Madness
Theyre legally regarded as counterfeit!
Old 01 November 2006, 11:36 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Anyone here with a counterfeit Subaru?
Old 01 November 2006, 12:06 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Didn't the crux of Sony's argument consist of the fact that it was protecting it's European consumers from buying potential dangerous electronic equipment that didn't meet European safety standards?
Old 01 November 2006, 12:11 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Yes they did. Lik-San's counter-argument was they supplied them with genuine Sony worldwide-spec multi-voltage power supplies, which were certified and safe to use worldwide and within the EU.

I'd speculate that Sony's excuse was they probably didn't put a blanking sticker over the voltage selector switch (which Dell used to do with their PC power supplies )

Last edited by Shark Man; 01 November 2006 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01 November 2006, 06:26 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
Didn't the crux of Sony's argument consist of the fact that it was protecting it's European consumers from buying potential dangerous electronic equipment that didn't meet European safety standards?
That is the crux of their case it seems, its almost like they are suggesting the other countries standards are not as high as ours!

Surely these PSP's are made in the same factory, or is there a special EXTRA safe one just for British goods?

RIP Lik Sang
Old 01 November 2006, 06:34 PM
Kevin Groat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jaybird-UK
That is the crux of their case it seems, its almost like they are suggesting the other countries standards are not as high as ours!

Surely these PSP's are made in the same factory, or is there a special EXTRA safe one just for British goods?

RIP Lik Sang
This is the same lame excuse that the UK motor trade used when grey imports started - load of bolox.

Poor old Lik Sang, used them last year and found their service excellent.
Old 01 November 2006, 08:14 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

I'll be voting with my wallet, no new Sony products for me