Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

33.8 million motorisits in UK are close to a ban.

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2006, 04:56 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 33.8 million motorisits in UK are close to a ban.

No I didnt believe it either! But here it is :

Driving Licence Information | Speeding Fines | Points | Driving Bans | Endowsments

These guys access DVLA to check your licence on behalf of your employer.

I still hope they are exaggerating, but its another example of someone making money from the misery caused to those of us who were once considered generally quite ordinary decent safe motorists [and all this as road deaths go up due to the patently failed 'speed issues only' policing priority policies].

See DVLA sells your details to criminals | the Mail on Sunday for further financial shenanigans reference.

D
Old 28 October 2006, 05:02 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

That article is badly written. There are 33.8 million motorists in the UK, 920,000 of whom have 9 points.
Old 28 October 2006, 05:56 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TopBanana
That article is badly written. There are 33.8 million motorists in the UK, 920,000 of whom have 9 points.

Just the article? ROFL - look at the WHOLE BLOODY SITE!!!!

For the English Grammar pedants out there, the website is riddled with spelling and gramatical errors and I mean riddled!

LicenceCheck removes the worry and time consuming laborious task of collecting, recording, storong the driving licence and information of every driver, naturally this reduces fleet adminstration costs, and removes the burden on human resource, personnel or fleet managers of such a hig rick area, leaving them to get on with key roles.

The above is just one paragraph but gives an idea. Underlines are punctuation errors.

DVLA checking is something that we do for all our couriers. Having an agency do it might save us time and this outfit might be considered. But when such a task requires appropriate attention to detail, I don't think that they have it and I cannot take the risk that they will actually do the job properly.

LOL
Old 28 October 2006, 05:58 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Oh & that quoted paragraph is so much mumbo jumbo it doesn't really make proper sense!
Old 28 October 2006, 06:05 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by licencecheck
A survey conducted by YouGov found that 17% of motorists have points on their licence, 14% with 6 points and 3% with 3 points.
So what about the 1m with 9 points
Old 28 October 2006, 06:13 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

That's a lot less headline grabbing [and surely they are all dangerous nutters]. D
Old 28 October 2006, 06:15 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Cool.... Getting those 1million off the road would help drivers like me get to work without queueueueing...Get in...
Getting caught once for speeding is one thing, but to get 9 points they must be seriously sh1te unobservant serial law breakers... They dont deserve to be on the road... The clocks ticking... incompetents
Come on the 9million, get than ban now and do Abdabz a favour
Old 28 October 2006, 06:33 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Abdabz - it seems you prefer cyclists! Probably two abreast
Old 28 October 2006, 06:50 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Originally Posted by Diesel
Abdabz - it seems you prefer cyclists! Probably two abreast

You said breasts
Old 28 October 2006, 06:53 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

Abdabz probably drives the 3.2 miles each day into work , parks up and sits in an office then drives 3.2 miles home again... although I do not condone being 'caught' several times for speeding , if one for instance is a 'professional driver' Ie,. doing a hell of a lot more miles , then surely by law of averages, you would get copped by these hideous 'truvelo' or 'specs' type camera's rather than the more obvious Gatso type...

Oh, and just FYI... my licence is clean ... nil nada zip none nought nothing in the way of blemishes, and yes, I probably drive about 20- 25,000 miles a year
Old 28 October 2006, 07:04 PM
JAKbauer24
Former Sponsor

I HAVE 11 does that make me a bad driver .........no

3 points 34 in a 30 @ 2.30am (a dual carraige way)

3 points for faling to adear to a traffic sign

5 points for 84MPH on a motorway

this is over 3 years and i do 30,000 a year
Old 28 October 2006, 07:05 PM
SteveScooby
Scooby Regular

5 points for 84 is a bit harsh, I only got 3 for doing 96.6 on the M1
Old 28 October 2006, 07:12 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

15000-25000miles a year for 15 years, never caught speeding. I do speed from time to time, but am observant enough to spot lines of cameras on bridges and big f@ck off yellow cameras at the sides of roads etc...

So yeah, if you have 11 points for speeding then it does make you a bad driver, as you are unable to appreciate that 'speed limit' does not mean 'speed target to exceed' or "speed minimum threshold".
You sir, are also unable to spot speed cameras which means you are not an observant driver
You are also one of these complete dunderheads who thinks that the old
"2.30am" thing means that speed limits do not apply, despite countless folk getting run over when a tad the worse for wear in the small hours That excuse drives me chuffing mental (aarrgggh wibble)
Failing to adhere to a traffic sign seals the fact that in my survey of drivers with 11points in this thread, 100% of them are poor poor drivers
Old 28 October 2006, 07:57 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by hectic
Abdabz probably drives the 3.2 miles each day into work , parks up and sits in an office then drives 3.2 miles home again... although I do not condone being 'caught' several times for speeding , if one for instance is a 'professional driver' Ie,. doing a hell of a lot more miles , then surely by law of averages, you would get copped by these hideous 'truvelo' or 'specs' type camera's rather than the more obvious Gatso type...

Oh, and just FYI... my licence is clean ... nil nada zip none nought nothing in the way of blemishes, and yes, I probably drive about 20- 25,000 miles a year

I currently am doing 45,000 a year, have been really for the last 6 years and have a clean licence.

I would have to say that on NSL roads I might "sometimes" be found at a rate not within the limit, but don't and will not ever speed in 30s/40s. I don't use a speed camera database device either.

Maybe I'm just lucky but observation undoubtedly plays a part.
Old 28 October 2006, 09:21 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!

Maybe I'm just lucky but observation undoubtedly plays a part.
No, you're just lucky. I used to think like that, but my luck ran out about a month ago. I never saw a thing or knew anything about it until the NIP arrived. 'Manual' detection. They must have been well concealed.
Old 29 October 2006, 08:19 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

I second that UB. I had a clean licence for 15 years and now it looks a mess. I still havent had any accidents in 15 years, but that's not really relevant any more is it as points mean prizes!

They hide behind walls in Wales target overtakers on straights and conceal vans just after Gatsos - you guys are just lucky, not clever!
Old 29 October 2006, 08:48 PM
scoobygez
Scooby Regular

i aint even gonna chance fate.
Old 29 October 2006, 09:02 PM
Chrisgr31
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
No, you're just lucky. I used to think like that, but my luck ran out about a month ago. I never saw a thing or knew anything about it until the NIP arrived. 'Manual' detection. They must have been well concealed.
Indeed I'll go with lucky too. I do 25,000 miles a year and whilst by being observant you can spot fixed cameras they are getting so sneaky with the mobile ones that they are becoming harder and harder to spot.

My wife was done by one recently, as luck would have it I made a late decision to go to Maidstone a different route so wasn't caught by it. She never saw it!
Old 30 October 2006, 02:01 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

Pricing is wrong too.

1 – 5 Single Verifications checks £25 + vat
6 – 50 SME from £15 + vat.
51 – 100 Larger Fleets from £10.50 + vat.
100 + Corporate Clients from £7.50 + vat.

Just get the 100+ pck as it's cheaper than the 1-5. As nowhere does it state the price is per check.
Old 30 October 2006, 04:40 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

I heard on the news recently that there are so many motorists getting points for speeding (mainly due to scamera vans, static cameras) that the government want to now INCREASE the number of points needed before a ban.

GREAT!!!

Lets say it would be 18 points, instead of 12.

How much is a speeding fine these days?

Times that by THREE and thats how much extra they would make per person driving. Its just another way of scraping a few more bob from motorists if you ask me.

They know they cant ban 920,000 people but they sure can give them a few more chances of being caught and taking their cash!
Old 01 November 2006, 01:30 AM
JAKbauer24
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Abdabz
15000-25000miles a year for 15 years, never caught speeding. I do speed from time to time, but am observant enough to spot lines of cameras on bridges and big f@ck off yellow cameras at the sides of roads etc...

So yeah, if you have 11 points for speeding then it does make you a bad driver, as you are unable to appreciate that 'speed limit' does not mean 'speed target to exceed' or "speed minimum threshold".
You sir, are also unable to spot speed cameras which means you are not an observant driver
You are also one of these complete dunderheads who thinks that the old
"2.30am" thing means that speed limits do not apply, despite countless folk getting run over when a tad the worse for wear in the small hours That excuse drives me chuffing mental (aarrgggh wibble)
Failing to adhere to a traffic sign seals the fact that in my survey of drivers with 11points in this thread, 100% of them are poor poor drivers

dunderhead

failing to adear to a traffic sign was after leavin a set of lights on green a drunken lad ran across the road, so i stoped with the back wheels on the white stop line, there was no lights in front of me only the ones i had passed. I checked to see if it was clear which it was so i proceded only for the copper which i was aware of to pull me and give me the TS10 4 days passed and the same copper did me for 34. in a 30 on a dual carrage way (A6110) in notts. and his words were "HOW COME YOU CAN AFFORD A SCOOB AND I CAR'NT"because officer i work 80hrs a week and serve in the brittish army. so i put this too you Abdabz does this make me a dunderhead or simply unluckly to meet a tw@t of a copper who was jelous?. as for spped camera's im happy for you that you that you have never been caught but then again netiher have I, as for the 84 in a 70 if your tell the SN you have never done that speed you full of '....' and yes i did'nt see the copper sat on the motorway bridge because i was watchin the road.

thats my case.

and less of the name calling.

thanks JB24 (advanced driver)
Old 02 November 2006, 05:00 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

LOL either sleep deprivation or alcohol explains that post sir
To answer your question, it makes you an unlucky dunderhead
PS, thanks for the pm, you made me feel special
Old 02 November 2006, 06:23 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

5 points for 84 is a bit harsh, I only got 3 for doing 96.6 on the M1
They probably didn't believe that was possible on the M1
Old 03 November 2006, 12:51 AM
JAKbauer24
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Abdabz
LOL either sleep deprivation or alcohol explains that post sir
To answer your question, it makes you an unlucky dunderhead
PS, thanks for the pm, you made me feel special
No hard feelings fella. the reason it was so late I'd just finished work. work late hours which the police don't think is true. ooo look a subaru with a 24yr old driving through leeds a 2:30am. always get hassle off em

anyway glad to make you feel special and no hard feelings fella