Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

NTL, I wonder if I expect to much

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2006, 11:15 AM
Bateman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NTL, I wonder if I expect to much

press 2 - "lets get you through to some help quickly" ...... Music........... "Oh, we are very busy , lots of people calling us for help, the wait is approx 10 mins" (some chirpy geordie fella) ..... music...............

"hello sir, what is of your name pliss and may i ask of your postcode Sir......"

..... me "only if you tell me your name...." ,

"its Rychika, Sir..." , after trying 3 times

me "and you are based ?" ..........

"National service centre Sir"....,

Me " and whats your location.. ?"

.... "India Sir....."

oh dear, all went seriously wrong

they say nearly a week to fix my phone ? we can get an engineer to you for saturday..between 12 - 6 , if it is your handset then its a £25 charge.

How about all those times it wasnt my handset , do I get £25 back ! you left me with no service... no , just send him round, I will make sure I have 3 of my mates waiting to give him a f###### kicking. 'But its not his fault' you all cry, he is still part of the NTL framework....

my favourite line was "you need to be at home so we can run some tests on your phone", ok my phone doesnt work so how do I call you ? "do you have a mobile, you can call us on that"... ok, will you call me back so as I dont run up a massive bill on my mobile ? "No, we are only an inbound call centre" !!

anyone seen 'Falling down' michael douglas

thanks for reading
Old 24 October 2006, 11:24 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

You have issues
Old 24 October 2006, 11:31 AM
MY00PPP
Scooby Regular

it's a bad story. only thing is it WILL get better.

Before Richard Branson puts his Virgin name to NTL:Telewest they have to sharpen up their customer services.

Doesn't help you I know, but can you hold off calling them again for 5 months?
Old 24 October 2006, 11:32 AM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
You have issues
Maybe he does, but not as many NTL!
Old 24 October 2006, 11:35 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Come on though, Im not a fan of Indian call centres, especially when theyre the ones who rings you but going off his story he didnt even give them a chance before he decided it was going to be an unsuccessful call.
Old 24 October 2006, 11:55 AM
Bateman
Scooby Regular

Come on though, Im not a fan of Indian call centres, especially when theyre the ones who rings you but going off his story he didnt even give them a chance before he decided it was going to be an unsuccessful call.

Seeing as she couldnt speak the queens english , or any form of english (pigeon maybe) and I had to repeat my post code 5 or 6 times, and couldnt understand what she was mumbling about kind of gave me that idea.

I am in england and I am calling an english company, I expect to be understood. If it was something like upgrading my broadband to another speed or something less important then maybe I would have been more tolerant.
But something like your phone not working/no service (already not been 3 days) you think NTL might regard this as a high priority and not direct you to a pigeon english speaking call centre in Deli.

yeah man, I have issues !
Old 24 October 2006, 12:00 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

I find it funny how "customer call centres" are off shored to India to boost profits. However, try calling any of those companies who have taken such a stance, and ask for the accounts depts. You'll speak to Tracy/Sharon/Richard/Alan, and those wont just be their names for the day!

Finances can't be left to the Indians, but customer service? Well, thats a different matter!!
Old 24 October 2006, 12:08 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Yes, but speaking to an Indian call centre, you know that things will be very hard to explain, which is very frustrating as they usually take down the wrong information. If you speak to an English call centre you usually find things are resolved faster. mainly as they know what your speaking about.

I had to call Dell, for more memory for our Server, and it was just a ******* nightmare. It took 3 attempts to give the guy my name.
Old 24 October 2006, 12:30 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
Yes, but speaking to an Indian call centre, you know that things will be very hard to explain, which is very frustrating as they usually take down the wrong information. If you speak to an English call centre you usually find things are resolved faster. mainly as they know what your speaking about.

I had to call Dell, for more memory for our Server, and it was just a ******* nightmare. It took 3 attempts to give the guy my name.
what had you been drinking?
Old 24 October 2006, 01:27 PM
brybusa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
I find it funny how "customer call centres" are off shored to India to boost profits. However, try calling any of those companies who have taken such a stance, and ask for the accounts depts. You'll speak to Tracy/Sharon/Richard/Alan, and those wont just be their names for the day!

Finances can't be left to the Indians, but customer service? Well, thats a different matter!!
Our finance dept, payables and a host of support functions are off to Bucharest within 6 months...

I understand you frustration Bateman, they are a terrible company to deal with

The line about being an inbound centre and not being able to call you back is a common call centre get out clause to get someone off the line, they can all dial out if they want/need too.

Ive dealt with NTL once, after some debates about billing,I uninstalled the equipment in the end as they couldnt resolve the issue month after month

I wrote to them advising teh equipment was at my back gate awaiting collection as I was so pi$$ed off with them, that was back in 2001.I threw it away a couple of years after..Even the guys in the NTL vans didnt want to take it.
Old 24 October 2006, 05:44 PM
wrx-ian
Scooby Regular

I had a classic with NTL a couple of years ago. My digtal tv service went wrong and it took them 3 weeks to fix it. Rang up to complain about bad service when it was eventully fixed. They then said to me as a good woll gesture we will not charge for for the 3 weeks you have been without service.
I won`t mention the hassle i`ve just had with them trying to charge me for 2 months phone rental after i moved house and they disconnected the phone line!!