Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

BURNOUT

Search this Thread

Old 20 November 2001, 05:05 AM
RIMPY T
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone played this on the ps2?

i was most impressed,runs really fast and the nimble arcade handling does the honours,a good break from gt3,if its starting to p1ss you off!!
Old 20 November 2001, 07:19 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Rented it on Friday and have to disagree, what a piece of crap!!

I just cant be doing with arcade style driving games, this is ridge racer with a bit more pace and slightly better handling, nothing more.

Cm 2 is still the best handling most realistic driving game, end of story, and having heard all these horror stories about WRC it looks like we will have to wait until Cm 3 next year!! What the F*ck is that all about, come on Code Masters youve had the hardware for well over a year and you keep us dangling like a pile on lifes ****.
Old 20 November 2001, 08:52 AM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Angry

Funki......what are you going on about???.....Burnout is a arcade racer cm2 is not......you cant compare them!.......burnout is just a quick blast of fun.......but i must admit it will get boring fast.......
Old 20 November 2001, 09:19 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Shaolin why not compare they are both racing games just two genres within one.

As i said previously crap arcade style racing

Thats what i was comparing, my whole thread was a comparison!!

PS2 is just like PS1 now, for every decent game released there are 20 **** ones.
Money talks bullsh!t walks

Old 20 November 2001, 11:16 AM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Wink

Fair play......but at the moment it is the best time to own a Ps2 ......many amazing games just coming out....
Old 20 November 2001, 01:51 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

quote by funkii munkii:

Cm 2 is still the best handling most realistic driving game, end of story

Eh? How many WRC cars have you driven then? CM2 handles as the way you would want to be able to drive a WR car, not realistically. Every developer who has tried that route has admitted the cars are undriveable to all but the most talented of people. Sure, CM2 is a great game and it makes you feel like the best driver ever, but to say it is the most realistic is just pants!

Geezer

Old 20 November 2001, 02:01 PM
GregD
Scooby Regular

Gotta agree with Shaolin here. I traded my (yawn!) F1 game for Burnout at the weekend. It's great fun for a quick blast (TOP crashes!.. try playing it after lots of Stella) but if you're only going to buy one game in this (broad) genre, GT3 would always come out tops. I have WRC on the Xmas list but I imagine CMR3 will probably be better still.

If you like driving games, buy a few! It is a great time to own a PS2 at the moment... GT3 (still good fun to come back to), GTA3 (hilarious), Pro Evo Soccer (hopefully) this Friday... Top stuff.
Old 20 November 2001, 06:06 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Chill Geezer

I agree how many WRC cars have I driven none like the majority of gamers, I think you are taking thing out of context somewhat, buthey this is scoobynet what should i expect.

Agreed of course they dont handle like real cars, what i was trying to convey was of all the car games past and present the physics in CM2 are as good as it gets, I wont insult u by using the word realistic again,Lets face ithave you ever seen a crash in a computer game that looks real ive never seen a two ton car jump 30ft on impact!! we all know its not true to life.
Most driving games have a pivot somewhere on the car usually in the middle and a lot of these games it bloody obvious as the car does not move realistically across the screen and rumour has it that the pivot in the new WRC game is near the rear of the car which leads to very poor handling (in a computer game)in turn it looks poor. CM2 and GT3 look convincing whereas many dont.

In praise of Burnout the impacts were very good

Now where is that yellow pages must book me a go in a WRC down at Brands

Old 20 November 2001, 06:17 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Bit off topic but if you want realism, Rally Trophy for the PC is waaaaaay ahead in those stakes
Old 20 November 2001, 11:17 PM
RIMPY T
Scooby Regular

fair play to all yer comments lads,i just felt burnout was a good release,and no doubt will get boring quickly.

but i do reckon its a title to have if your a racing/driving game fan,the two player mode is also a good laugh.

played a demo of wrc,and was seriously dissappointed,they've got it oh soooo wrong.

toca racing driver,looks promising as does cmr3

other titles to look out for are stuntman and driver 3,all due next year at some stage.
Old 21 November 2001, 10:14 AM
blubs
Scooby Regular

I agree with FM on the pivot thing. It's something that I've whinged about for years and most driving games seem to be afflicted with it.

CM2 is still the driving game that I return to again and again, with GT3 a close second.

Having had a go of the demo for WRC on the PS2 I am reserving judgement until I get the full game, (it's on order), but I think it will be a disappointment.

What I hope CM3 will offer is a slightly enhanced game engine of CM2, with the graphics of WRC.

Here's hoping then

blubs
Old 22 November 2001, 09:28 AM
Jake
Scooby Regular

Burnout is a load of crap!! Too much hype