Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

At Last a New Labour Minister....

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2006, 12:11 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default At Last a New Labour Minister....

....has come off the fence and told it like it should be:

"A Muslim teaching assistant suspended for refusing to remove her veil in class should be sacked, a local government minister has said. Phil Woolas, whose brief includes race relations, told the Sunday Mirror that Aishah Azmi, 23, had "put herself in a position where she can't do her job".

"She said she would remove the garment, but not in front of male colleagues.
Mr Woolas told the newspaper this amounted to sexual discrimination. He added: "She is denying the right of children to a full education by insisting that she wears the veil."

Good. Let's hope she is removed from our schools forthwith and without delay.

BBC NEWS | England | Bradford | Veil teacher 'should be sacked'
Old 15 October 2006, 12:18 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

As long as they come up with one rule for all then then stick to it fine. The BA assistant should be sacked for refusing to cover up her crucifix necklace too. I think people should have the freedom to practice their religeon, but if it's not a religeous school then the kids shouldn't be tought by someone with a veil any more than they should be taught as someone dressed as a vicar.l

There was a muslim scholar on the news the other day who says it's not mentioned anywhere in the quoran that the women have to wear a veil. They also interviewed a 26 year old bird who was wearing one "to be more islamic" when her mum and grandmother were also interviewed and said they'd never felt the need/duty to wear one themselves.

IMO they are either doing it to a) **** people off, or b) because looking like an opressed afghan is trendy at the moment.

I might start wearing my black 3-hole balaclava around town, so what if people find it intimidating - **** them.
Old 15 October 2006, 12:24 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I think it is disgraceful that someone should have their job threatened by wearing a tiny Christian symbol in a basically Christian country.

Les
Old 15 October 2006, 04:44 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Don't hold your breath for anyone in THIS fekked up excuse for a country to do the right thing..........

Alcazar
Old 15 October 2006, 10:29 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Is no-one going to argue on behalf of the lass wearing the veil ?

No ? Good.
Old 16 October 2006, 10:49 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Just been talking to one of my German colleagues and he said that it is against Baden Württemberg law for teachers or pupils to wear the Darth Vader suit whilst at school. They can wear it in private but not during school time. In German it is called a Kopftuch which literally translated means "head towel".

Back in 1998 a Muslim teacher took the BW council to court over the kopftuch and said that nuns are allowed to wear their habits in school so why can't I wear my Darth Vader suit.

Apparently upon researching this a bit more it appears that currently it is not forbidden but not allowed if you get my drift, also Crucifixes are banned form Schools in BW but the teachers can dress like Darth Vader if they want, what I mean by this is the cross is a religious symbol and can not be hung on the school wall, however the kids are allowed to wear crucifixes as necklaces. The more I look into this the more stupid it becomes however the bottom line is the German court said it is down to the individual states to decide if the Kopftuch can be worn or not.
Old 16 October 2006, 10:52 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Not only will the kids not understand this odd teaching assistant, or be able to see what expressions and emotions she is trying to get across, but if they are young there is also a chance that some will be scared of her and the "mask" that she wears. Her selfish attitude will affect the kids' education, and i wouldn't be happy with my child beign "taught" by her.

The BA Cross necklace doesn't affect anyone in any way, except maybe someone's beliefs!!

Fecking stupid as always.