Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with IM/dealers for Belgian warranty/servicing

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2000, 05:17 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got our MY00 on Saturday from Alliance Car Imports - flipping amazing machine. Anyway, as in another thread confusion over 3yr warranty and 1k service.

IM are suggesting that years 2&3 of the Belgian warranty would work by paying up and claiming back off Subaru Belgium or getting the dealer to get authorisation from Subaru Belgium first.

Regarding the 1k service, Town and County Perth wanted £107, AF Noble Penicuik wanted £88 - Town and County then matched it. They said there was no menu pricing and they charge what they like! Town and County are saying to claim back the labour £45+vat (1hr) off Subaru Belgium. IM are suggesting similar. Alliance Car Imports say that their local dealer just charges the same to UK and EU customers (parts only c.£40). IM say that within the price of the car Subaru Belgium should be allowing for the labour of the first service.

Popular wisdom on the BBS suggests that you pay parts+labour and get nothing back and that you only get 1 year warranty. If that is the case then I think UK EU owners are being discriminated against and if a better deal is possible that would be good.

Any thoughts? Alliance are getting onto Subaru Belgium and are going to let me know.

[This message has been edited by john banks (edited 18 October 2000).]
Old 18 October 2000, 10:24 PM
PT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John,
Just picked mine up from Belgium on 4th October. Similar story. I have just started a new thread asking for what people have been told re Belgian warranties.

It is my intention to get a position from IM in writing (some hope I fear!) regarding the warranty and the new thread will be useful data collection.

As far as I can tell, there is major confusion, not just amongst owners, but dealers also regarding this question ;-)

When Alliance get back to you, I would be interested to know what they say.

BTW, although I have been driving my car for nearly 2 weeks now, Alliance haven't even informed me the car has arrived at the dealers!

Pete
Old 18 October 2000, 10:27 PM
DazV
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mind me asking how much the car is (on the road) from Belgium, compared to the UK

DV
Old 19 October 2000, 08:41 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
17495 with aircon and metallic paint - not imported by me - 2 week delivery. Around 1k cheaper after costs if you wait 6 months and do it yourself.

Still waiting to hear from Alliance.