Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Reid experiences NL's multi cultural Britain.

Search this Thread

Old 20 September 2006, 05:28 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reid experiences NL's multi cultural Britain.

A speech by home secretary John Reid about the need for British Muslims to do more to root out potential extremists was today interrupted by a heckler who accused the minister of being an "enemy" of Islam.

The man, identifying himself as Abu Izzadeem declared that he was "furious" about "state terrorism by British police" as the Home Secretary addressed members of a Muslim community in East London. Interrupting Reid's speech, Izzadeem fumed: "How dare you come to a Muslim area."

Izzadeem, born Trevor Brooks of Jamaican parentage, recently described the September 11 attacks as ‘magnificent’ and is happy to take advantage of British citizenship, but boasts he owes no allegiance to Queen or country, only to Islam.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5362052.stm
Old 20 September 2006, 05:30 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

And uncle**** carries on posting bollocks...
Old 20 September 2006, 06:00 PM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by turboman786

Why is that bollox?

I'm sick to death of Muslims whining all the time and all Unclebuck's doing is pointing out there latest bit of hypocrisy

After all, is such a peaceful religion.......
Old 20 September 2006, 06:02 PM
wayne9t9
Scooby Regular

Abu Izzadeem`s explanation of why he heckled him is the biggest load of bollocks...
Old 20 September 2006, 06:03 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Here we go again - this thread will be just so balanced and interesting just like the other 50000 posts about how evil all Muslims are!
Old 20 September 2006, 06:13 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

What a lovely chap, happy to be a citizen in the UK and no doubt reap the (income) benefits of the UK but glady denouces the UK. This is the type of person who needs their citizenship revoked and asked to leave the country. As to where they go, well, anywhere that accepts their viewpoint.

It seems you can't say a single thing in critisim, no matter how minor, about islam/muslims before they go all nutbar and start wailing and screaming. Just look at what happened when the Pope said something, and someone drew some cartoons. You don't see many other relgions going ape about stuff like that do you.

I know not all muslims are evil, however it does seem to me that there is a very non-vocal majority who seem to do nothing to voice their concerns about how this supposed very vocal minority is causing the vast majority of other people to form a sterotype that all mulsims are fanatical bomb carrying nutters.
Old 20 September 2006, 06:17 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

And turboman786 carries on with his unwavering support of all fellow muslims, no matter what manner of b0ll0cks they come out with.
Old 20 September 2006, 06:37 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

With views like that Abu Izzadeen should be stoned to death

Chip
Old 20 September 2006, 06:46 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Behead Abu Izzadeen.
Old 20 September 2006, 06:49 PM
vava voom
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markus
What a lovely chap, happy to be a citizen in the UK and no doubt reap the (income) benefits of the UK but glady denouces the UK. This is the type of person who needs their citizenship revoked and asked to leave the country. As to where they go, well, anywhere that accepts their viewpoint.

It seems you can't say a single thing in critisim, no matter how minor, about islam/muslims before they go all nutbar and start wailing and screaming. Just look at what happened when the Pope said something, and someone drew some cartoons. You don't see many other relgions going ape about stuff like that do you.

I know not all muslims are evil, however it does seem to me that there is a very non-vocal majority who seem to do nothing to voice their concerns about how this supposed very vocal minority is causing the vast majority of other people to form a sterotype that all mulsims are fanatical bomb carrying nutters.
"What a lovely chap, happy to be a citizen in the UK and no doubt reap the (income) benefits of the UK but glady denouces the UK"....YES this is why people like Abu and me are here, we take all you money in benefits, take your jobs and terrorise you at the same time

And there's fu*k all you can do about it
Old 20 September 2006, 07:04 PM
Ben v7
Scooby Regular

This over-reaction to even the most minor of things reminds me of the tale of the boy who cried wolf all the time... how are we supposed to know if the 'concern' is at all justified or just another completely over the top reaction...
Old 20 September 2006, 07:08 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

See how the muslims on this thread automatically back the actions of fellow muslims -whatever these actions may be

Its got beyond a joke now tho - things cant carry on like this - the government has to get very tough on these people. If they dont I feel people will simply vote in a government who will... and I'll be one of those voters.
Old 20 September 2006, 07:11 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trevor Brook of Jamaican parentage.

I bet that pisses of proper Muslims.
Old 20 September 2006, 07:16 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Petem95
See how the muslims on this thread automatically back the actions of fellow muslims -whatever these actions may be

Its got beyond a joke now tho - things cant carry on like this - the government has to get very tough on these people. If they dont I feel people will simply vote in a government who will... and I'll be one of those voters.

A little wide off the mark there Pete I certainly don't condone the actions of the aforementioned Mr.Izadeen. I think you will find it comes in the category of 'Munchausen's Syndrome'.
Old 20 September 2006, 07:16 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
I bet that pisses of proper Muslims.
Seems theres not a lot that doesnt
Old 20 September 2006, 07:18 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Petem95
Seems theres not a lot that doesnt

And Pete's there to exercise his freedom of speech liberty.
Old 20 September 2006, 07:40 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Wonder what Hitler would have made of them

Old 20 September 2006, 08:26 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Fertiliser; probably.
Old 20 September 2006, 10:38 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
Fertiliser; probably.
Old 21 September 2006, 07:10 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

We really dont want these people, why dont they just sod off. If theyre not happy. It does seem however that the Muslim faith is attracting all sorts of weirdos, the ban the bomb this has finished, the National Front isnt cool any more, we dont need suffragettes so lets all become a Muslim. If I was a Muslim I'd probably be worried at all these cranks joining up..........
Old 21 September 2006, 08:34 AM
Dave R
Scooby Regular

Default Fertilizer

GC8. Laughed my **** off.

Take with one hand, shout and scream blue murder it's awful etc, and stab with the other hand....

b@stards!
Old 21 September 2006, 09:03 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
A speech by home secretary John Reid about the need for British Muslims to do more to root out potential extremists was today interrupted by a heckler who accused the minister of being an "enemy" of Islam.

The man, identifying himself as Abu Izzadeem declared that he was "furious" about "state terrorism by British police" as the Home Secretary addressed members of a Muslim community in East London. Interrupting Reid's speech, Izzadeem fumed: "How dare you come to a Muslim area."

Izzadeem, born Trevor Brooks of Jamaican parentage, recently described the September 11 attacks as ‘magnificent’ and is happy to take advantage of British citizenship, but boasts he owes no allegiance to Queen or country, only to Islam.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5362052.stm
This saddens me

I wonder why he was allowed to spout his filth when the likes of Nick Griffin get prevented from doing so and/or taken to court for doing so.

This just feeds people fears and strenghtens the likes of the BNP.

I do feel that if whoever is unhappy with how things are here then they go to another country more sympathetic to their beliefs.

I also do not want to see displays like this and i want these people deported to another more sympathetic country.

Live by the rules and laws of the country and respect the indigenous population.

This sort of anti religion/nationalist behaviour would not be tolerated in Muslim countries if aimed against their country and/orreligion, why the hell do we have to put up with it.

About time the UK government stood up and showed some backbone and said "no, we will not tolerate this behaviour" The altenative is that eventually the people will do so and there could be war.

Last edited by The Zohan; 21 September 2006 at 09:15 AM.
Old 21 September 2006, 10:11 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

We all saw the reality of it on the news last night, so it's far from bollocks.

I'm a live and let live, peaceful man, but it IS getting out of control now.
Old 21 September 2006, 11:25 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

But Massoud Shadjareh, who chairs the Islamic Human Rights Commission, said Mr Reid's demands were "unrealistic and not demanded from any other community".
Funny that don't you think? bearing in mind no other community is causing so much trouble! why can these people not see what is in front of their noses, do they honestly thing the Police are targeting them for no reason what so ever!
Old 21 September 2006, 11:43 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver
We all saw the reality of it on the news last night, so it's far from bollocks.

I'm a live and let live, peaceful man, but it IS getting out of control now.
I turned on the TV yesterday and caught a bit of the memorial service for the victims of terrorism. During his speech the vicar said words to the effect of: we must all acknowledge that no religion should be used to justify the taking of life.

I -and I'm sure- most of the non-muslim population of the UK would like to see Muslim leaders express similar sentiments and pledge to help exclude those who -in theory- profane Islam with their vile intolerance.

Any religion that does not support peace, tolerance and respect for life in their fellow man or woman -and that's the important thing here; we're all human first and believers or otherwise second- has no place in civilised society.

Ns04
Old 21 September 2006, 12:31 PM
Ben v7
Scooby Regular

Great post above.

I just can't see how we are all going to get along at this stage... these muslim hard-liners are just so polarised in their opinions that it just doesn't seem possible to reach any common ground or achieve any kind of mutual respect. I struggle to work out what it is they actually want from us sometimes? This country will never (hopefully) mirror the muslim countries they originated from so why do they seem to be pushing for that!

The government has continually told us to embrace the Muslim community... as if we are still somehow at fault for not being welcoming enough. They are clearly very out of touch with the reality of the mindset...

Last edited by Ben v7; 21 September 2006 at 12:43 PM.
Old 21 September 2006, 12:31 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
I turned on the TV yesterday and caught a bit of the memorial service for the victims of terrorism. During his speech the vicar said words to the effect of: we must all acknowledge that no religion should be used to justify the taking of life.

I -and I'm sure- most of the non-muslim population of the UK would like to see Muslim leaders express similar sentiments and pledge to help exclude those who -in theory- profane Islam with their vile intolerance.

Any religion that does not support peace, tolerance and respect for life in their fellow man or woman -and that's the important thing here; we're all human first and believers or otherwise second- has no place in civilised society.

Ns04
Thats a good post!