Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Reason To Stop!!

Search this Thread

Old 05 September 2006, 11:41 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Reason To Stop!!

Driving home through East London tonight & going down Fairford Rd, E3 in the Volvo.

Towards me I see a van moving "smartly" for want of a better word but deffo in excess of the 30mph limit. He was also in the middle of the road.

Me, I'm doing my usual 25/28 as I do in town but on my side of the admitedly quite narrow road.

Van continues towards me in the middle of the road and I notice it's a police riot van. I've got nowhere to go, as in pull over, there's no blues on and if he were to move over a bit we could both pass safely.

I flash at him just briefly as in "watch it - danger of collision"!!

At the last minute he pulls across and we pass each other. I didn't give way, had nowhere to go and he was the one driving in the middle of the road.

I look in rear-view and see him pull over and starting to turn round. LOL I thought 'cos he was turning round to come pull me! I mentioned this to my passenger, a work collegue. I slowed down to 20 and hesitated at the roundabout, indicating right so he could see where I went. Slowly down the next bit as well so that he could catch up in time to see which way I went (north up A102(M) or south down or straight over down Wick La - I could have easily carried on without hesitating and he wouldn't have had a chance of seeing where I went! So up the 102. Sure enough he pulls onto the slip road after me, sticks the blues on, catches up and wibbles the siren. I pull over & get out.

3 police get out and one comes up to me.

"As we were passing each other we heard a smash and thought you had hit a parked car and not stopped".

PMSL

They then went and inspected the car on the passenger side and asked my passenger whether they had felt the crash!

Obviously nothing there as they were p'ing in the wind. Then the driver comes up and starts on about me moving over and giving way. I said there had been no need and that he had been in the middle of the road and if he would have pulled over as he did, then we could both pass safely. He said that is how he had been taught to drive so that people would move over!

AFPMSL

All I could do to keep a straight face. He was just narked because I had had the effrontery to flash at his poor driving. I think his mate realised too as he had a big grin on his face.

LOL

Usual PNC stuff and I need to get my registration docs sorted out properly but otherwise on my way.
Old 06 September 2006, 12:15 AM
falkster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Typical bad apple story that makes more people dislike the police.
Old 06 September 2006, 01:14 AM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by falkster
Typical bad apple story that makes more people dislike the police.
Doesn't make me dislike them, just shows you what fools they can make of themselves at times because they wear THAT uniform
Old 06 September 2006, 01:25 AM
watto52
Scooby Regular

Like scooby drivers eh? Think they own the bloody road
Old 06 September 2006, 01:29 AM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by watto52

As do BUS DRIVERS
Old 06 September 2006, 01:33 AM
watto52
Scooby Regular

HOW VERY DARE YOU

Mind you, you do have a point, we DO own the road
Old 06 September 2006, 08:40 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Dominating the road when the width is restricted is a technique used to encourage oncoming vehicles to pull over as far as they can and stop, it increases the available road for the initial vehicle and allows them to carry on unhindered! Works very well in an artic
Old 06 September 2006, 08:46 AM
madmooro
Scooby Regular

they upholders of the law and not the law .bout time some of them relized this and did there job as meant to be ,not as they see fit because of a babge and flashing wibbly siren thingys lol
Old 06 September 2006, 09:24 AM
Rioja
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!
I look in rear-view and see him pull over and starting to turn round. LOL I thought 'cos he was turning round to come pull me!.
I wouldn't have given him the chance to pull me, just stopped at the next convenient point and commented on his poor driving on a width restricted road if he'd stopped. The cop had the time he was following you to decide why he was going to stop you and do a check, plus he got to play with his blue light and horn! taking the initiative in these situations puts them on the back foot; and they hate that!

PS. I think the police need a real public relations boost, I certainly have very little respect for them at the moment.
Old 06 September 2006, 07:54 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by watto52
That's the difference between you scooby drivers & us Benz Drivers

We don't think we own the road, we know it My car's even got a little certificate in the front window to prove it
Old 06 September 2006, 08:15 PM
_RIP_
BANNED

Perhaps that coz u eez....

Oirish
Old 07 September 2006, 11:23 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Sounds like an attempt at self justification for his poor driving and another attempt to frighten you because he was in uniform. Not a good advertisement at public relations.

Les