Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Immigrants reducing wages?

Search this Thread

Old 16 August 2006, 04:57 PM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Immigrants reducing wages?

I do reasonably well for myself in my profession.Was always a bit disappointed to hear that plumbers/electricians etc were earning at least 50% more than me.Fair play though.Allowed lots more people into the mad housing market.

Someone mentioned on another thread about the new manual labour flooding in from Europe.Presuming this has had a knock on effect for a lot of trades.An awful lot by the sound of it.Good for employers.Not for employees

Anyone been having their work taken off them?
Old 16 August 2006, 05:03 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

we get rid of tescos , morrisons and asda and wish they would blow up

that will make the economy better and more people can open private shops and more jobs than these supermarkets who put others out of business

and that will be cool
Old 16 August 2006, 05:07 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

But they are also the reason why interest rates are being kept down because they are having a major effect on inflation by keeping labour costs down.
Old 16 August 2006, 06:05 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Lost all our overtime ages ago when we were flooded with portugese. So down about 3 1/2 k a year although the portugese are now being replaced by polish workers because they are even cheaper.
Old 16 August 2006, 07:05 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

90% English construction workers are **** and thats a fact. Germans polish etc are more efficint, work quicker, **** about less, and do the job properly.

The plumbers I work with are complete thick ***** who do botch jobs for top dollar.
Old 16 August 2006, 07:07 PM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

You can either have cheap services or high wages, you can't have it both ways.
Old 16 August 2006, 07:42 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

I know this might **** some tradesmen on here off ( and they have given me some good advice so I hope they forgive me) but I'm glad of the wage reduction. In London, tradesmen have been charging ridiculous amounts of money, especially builders. Alot of this money is cash in hand and so little tax is paid.
Old 16 August 2006, 07:46 PM
Lucifer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moses

that will make the economy better and more people can open private shops and more jobs than these supermarkets who put others out of business

and that will be cool
Yeah real cool, you ****.
Old 16 August 2006, 07:46 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Paki shop owners do the same though for sitting on they *** all day and that requires next to no knowledge.
Old 16 August 2006, 07:47 PM
Lucifer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AudiLover
Paki shop owners do the same though for sitting on they *** all day and that requires next to no knowledge.
Old 16 August 2006, 07:56 PM
brumdaisy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moses

and that will be cool
You dont think its the consumer that demands cheap prices? Of course it is! Or do you think that the supermarkets have been locked in price wars all these years just for the fun of it?

Ditto pound shops, Primark, Matalan etc. If people didnt use them they wouldnt be here
Old 16 August 2006, 08:18 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

I refuse to use the "corner shops", places stink and there is stuff everywhere, you hardly ever get a thank off them and they never place your change in your hand either, rather use shopkeepers i can relate to and trust.

Now thats over back to the question,

competition is good for buisness and around here the poles seem to now be doing all the jobs no-one wanted, ie cleaners etc, got the bulgarians and rumanians coming next year, Stand by for that!!!!!

Mac
Old 16 August 2006, 08:34 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bluenosewrx
I refuse to use the "corner shops", places stink and there is stuff everywhere, you hardly ever get a thank off them and they never place your change in your hand either, rather use shopkeepers i can relate to and trust.

Now thats over back to the question,

competition is good for buisness and around here the poles seem to now be doing all the jobs no-one wanted, ie cleaners etc, got the bulgarians and rumanians coming next year, Stand by for that!!!!!

Mac
Most of the "Paki corner shops"(non rasist way) i use ,have better manner's than most people in the major supermarkets FFS always put the change im my hand,never smells,if it does it's always a nice curry smell..mmmmmm

Get ur head out of your **** and see that most shops run by Pakistani's are not 5hitholes
Old 16 August 2006, 08:39 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Where in my reply did i mention the word "Paki" you ****!!!,read it properly and i then comment.i might have been meaning English, irish etc or any other means of the traditional corner shops owned by the "white bandits".

Mac
Old 16 August 2006, 08:42 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

yes but a lot of cheap labour is kept cheap by government hand outs topping up wages with benefits and that money comes from the taxes we all pay

and why do we need Poles etc to do unskilled work when we are paying unemployment benefit to 1.5million people already?

and instead of cr*p UK plumbers we are just getting cr*p Polish etc who also cant speak the language.

pay peanuts get monkeys
Old 16 August 2006, 08:42 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bluenosewrx
Where in my reply did i mention the word "Paki" you ****!!!,read it properly and i then comment.i might have been meaning English, irish etc or any other means of the traditional corner shops owned by the "white bandits".

Mac
You are refering to them you ****
Old 16 August 2006, 08:51 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by speye91
Most of the "Paki corner shops"(non rasist way) i use ,have better manner's than most people in the major supermarkets FFS always put the change im my hand,never smells,if it does it's always a nice curry smell..mmmmmm

Get ur head out of your **** and see that most shops run by Pakistani's are not 5hitholes
i wish my paki shop workers where more like yours then

Bluenosewrx has got my one down to a tee. Usually only the ones that are really busy are nice. I wonder why....
Old 17 August 2006, 07:23 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Adrian F
and why do we need Poles etc to do unskilled work when we are paying unemployment benefit to 1.5million people already?
Adrian

I think the problem there is that all the spongers, soap dodgers and muppets that are happy on benefits would not dream of doing alot of the unskilled work as its beneath them - "I am so not doing that". And it means they lose all their benefits so cant afford all the Lonsdale/Chavidas/Hackett/Burberry-fake clothes that they have come to know and love.

Dave
Old 17 August 2006, 08:30 AM
sbk1972
Scooby Regular

I agree with druddle, seems like our once great nation is becoming full of chav's, single mothers and dullards that refuse to work as they get more on the social. So, you cant really blame the polish or others stepping in.

However, I look at it from two viewpoints. Being British, I hate seeing my great country starting to become over populated with the dross of Europe. Britian has become over sensitive, lost its focus, and become a nanny state.

From a home owners viewpoint, having a house that needs fixing every now and then, I hate builders / plumbers / elect. They are all so f**King self important, act like they are doing you a favour and cost the earth. Trying to get them back to fix mistakes is a real ball ache. So, if they are getting squeezed out, so be it as its their fault in the first place.

Im not saying all of them are bad, god know, but why should the construction industry escape healthy competition like all other industries have to deal with ? Im in the IT world, and we are always fighting for deals, giving more for less etc.

Once thing though, spotting Eastern Europeans is becoming more and more easier, snow washed jeans, poorly beached blonde hair, paisly shirts and leather jackets made from old Ford Granada seats ! Spot them a mile off :-)

SBK
Old 17 August 2006, 08:35 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

there was a bit in the paper about brick layers going from £120/day to £60 per day

£60/day to lay bricks is not my idea of a fair wage TBH

but that is life
Old 17 August 2006, 09:01 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
there was a bit in the paper about brick layers going from £120/day to £60 per day

£60/day to lay bricks is not my idea of a fair wage TBH

but that is life
It's significantly more than the £5 or so per hour minimum wage Mick.

As druddle says, there is a group of people out there that are not interested in working. Lets face it - why bother if the government is going to give you free money for sitting on your backside?
Old 17 August 2006, 09:12 AM
Turbo Dave
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lozgti
I do reasonably well for myself in my profession.Was always a bit disappointed to hear that plumbers/electricians etc were earning at least 50% more than me.Fair play though.Allowed lots more people into the mad housing market.

Someone mentioned on another thread about the new manual labour flooding in from Europe.Presuming this has had a knock on effect for a lot of trades.An awful lot by the sound of it.Good for employers.Not for employees

Anyone been having their work taken off them?
I have been running a small Contract Cleaning Company for 15 years.

I am now an inch close to being on the dole because of these imigrant *******s.

They obviously pay no tax or ni and have taken 90% of my contracts.

The actual price they charge for the contracts is less than i paid my cleaners.

We are all going to be unemployed soon enough in Cleaning, Construction etc
Old 17 August 2006, 09:51 AM
Goochie
Scooby Regular

A local machine shop employs 10-15 Polish people. They're always at work on time, start work the second the clock ticks over and never, ever go early.

They will take their exact ammount of lunch break and no more, if working on a job they will finish that before lunch. Even if that means loosing 15 mins of a 30min break, they will restart for the afternoon as if they'd not done any extra.

They dont stand around talking, they dont complain about the guy next to them who smells or looks at them strangely.

At last the Polish workers may show British manual workers what they've been doing wrong for so long - being the lazy moaning bast*rds who are directly responsible for the colapse of british industry... especially th eclosure of car factories (MG Rover etc.)
Old 17 August 2006, 10:11 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ever think the govenment let them in for a reason, i.e. the cheap labour ?

Losts of politicians own companies and are on the boards of companies or have mates with companies, so they let the immigrants in and pay them sod all, they then get housing Benefit, Child tax credit, Working tax credit, free health care, Council Tax Benefit etc.

So the companies pay them 150 quid a week and the state tops it up to 400/500 at the expense of the taxpayer, i.e. us Middle Class wage slaves are paying to keep companies in cheap labour !

Its not that simple I know,Companies pay coorporation tax but they have to do that anyway so they might as well have the cheap labour, plus consumers demand low prices so we are to blame as well but I think there is method in the madness.

All for people coming over to WORK but I dont think we really should just let anyone in, skills or money let them in, not health tourists, criminals or the lazy as we have enough drains on the system anyway, we need more people that contribute not take away.
Old 17 August 2006, 12:03 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Ever think the govenment let them in for a reason, i.e. the cheap labour ?
But not really up to the government now we are part of Europe. They are our Eurpean brothers, we should welcome them (and especially their hot females)
Old 17 August 2006, 12:25 PM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

Originally Posted by Goochie
A local machine shop employs 10-15 Polish people. They're always at work on time, start work the second the clock ticks over and never, ever go early.

They will take their exact ammount of lunch break and no more, if working on a job they will finish that before lunch. Even if that means loosing 15 mins of a 30min break, they will restart for the afternoon as if they'd not done any extra.

They dont stand around talking, they dont complain about the guy next to them who smells or looks at them strangely.

At last the Polish workers may show British manual workers what they've been doing wrong for so long - being the lazy moaning bast*rds who are directly responsible for the colapse of british industry... especially th eclosure of car factories (MG Rover etc.)
You ******* *****
Old 17 August 2006, 12:34 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Its true though. Cars cos alot more to manufacture in Germany than it does in britain, and the germans are selling luxury cars at that, yet they still manage.
Old 17 August 2006, 12:34 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

Tradesmen have been taking the **** with their prices for too long due to the shortage of them and the housing market. It was inevitable that it couldn't last. Market forces.
Old 17 August 2006, 12:35 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Elmer, quit with the insults. What's your stance on this situation then?
Old 17 August 2006, 12:38 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Elmers a feckin ****-jockey of the first order.................

Quick Reply: Immigrants reducing wages?