Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Lucky Boy

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2006, 10:54 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Red face Lucky Boy

"Pressin' On" after being held up for nearly an hour in an accident and on a reasonably sparse M'way in good vis. Noticed a silver Skoda creeping up behind me but not too close (must have been going some!). Noticed the passenger's elbow as the hand held onto the grab. Noticed a nacelle like thing next to the rear-view mirror inside the cabin. Decided that 85 was a "good speed" to keep at for the next 3 miles and the Skoda backed off.

Came past me 10 miles further on doing 3 figures plus with grill lights flashing in persuit of a biker who had been weaving in and out the traffic at speed...

Lucky....
Old 27 June 2006, 10:57 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Top observations, mate ..... no complaints from me
Old 28 June 2006, 11:51 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I would never be that lucky.

Les
Old 28 June 2006, 12:28 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably decided you wernt a problem, steady (if illegal) speed, no erratic driving the officer made a judgement call that it probably wasnt in the public interest to create a dangerous situation by stopping you on the hard shoulder, however he/she considered that a badly ridden bike was a problem.

Thats the way it should happen, not pointless revenue generation from people doing sensible speeds, we all see examples of apalling driving and they never seem to get caught yet my 65 year old aunt has 3 points for doing 55 in a 50 (North Wales).
Old 28 June 2006, 01:55 PM
brickboy
Scooby Regular

A while ago I was driving up over Saddleworth on the M62 in the autumn about 9pm. It was dark, fairly empty so I was in lane 2 of 4.

I was doing just over 90, car overtakes, as he gets level I see it's a fully marked up Senator with two uniformeds in .... they don't even look across, they just pull away doing an estimated ton.

I went through a range of emotions quite quickly
Old 28 June 2006, 02:33 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I came back from a job interview in Bristol once, was sitting in the fast lane of the M4 minding my own business, roof down stereo on, suit on doing 95mph. looked in the rear view mirror to see a fully marked up police car taking up 95% of the mirror, I pulled over into the middle lane expecting the worst and he shot passed never to be seen again.
Old 28 June 2006, 02:35 PM
sociopath
BANNED

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!
"Pressin' On" after being held up for nearly an hour in an accident and on a reasonably sparse M'way in good vis. Noticed a silver Skoda creeping up behind me but not too close (must have been going some!). Noticed the passenger's elbow as the hand held onto the grab. Noticed a nacelle like thing next to the rear-view mirror inside the cabin. Decided that 85 was a "good speed" to keep at for the next 3 miles and the Skoda backed off.

Came past me 10 miles further on doing 3 figures plus with grill lights flashing in persuit of a biker who had been weaving in and out the traffic at speed...

Lucky....
They should have thrown the book at you!

Trending Topics

Old 28 June 2006, 02:42 PM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

I once did a powerslide (not on purpose) past a fully stickered up police car sitting at the lights, noticed and thought, ****!

Sped up, he gave chase, i hid, didnt see him again
Old 28 June 2006, 05:34 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

I was late for a business appoint once and was about to put the boot in on the M4 when I glanced in my rear view mirror just before I pulled out, saw into the car behind and thought "that's a funny place for a hands free mobile phone" as I saw someone speaking into their left shoulder. Then I twigged.....

They over took me and pulled in the car in front!
Old 29 June 2006, 01:39 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Funny how the speeds increase on each post about it.

Les
Old 29 June 2006, 01:42 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Funny how the speeds increase on each post about it.

Les
For the record - my idea of 'putting the boot in' actually involved going from 75MHP to 80-90MPH - I was only in a Mondeo..... I hate speeding but I was sooooo late as the previous appointment had gone on and on and on and on and on.....
Old 29 June 2006, 08:00 PM
Huxley
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sociopath
They should have thrown the book at you!
Originally Posted by sociopath
What a bunch of gutless wonders. These are in no particular order... you can fight for that accolade amongst yourselves...

1) Hectic - for being utterly oblivious to his serious and ultimately chronic shortcomings in the personality and intelligence departments

2) Dangerous Dunce - for being the thickest alleged human being I have ever had the fortune to leave waiting in a carpark for a fight!

3) Puff the Tragic Moderator - for not having the guts or the nouse to justify his lame efforts to censor me

4) EinsteinRetard/Barmy STi - for being the most non value-added 'tongues' speaking bed salesmen in the new world

5) TurboDrama - for the most tragically over-acted departure from scoobynet that never happened!

6) ScoobyWagonDaiStalker - for being so on the rebound that she must append some geezer's name onto the end of every thread she starts, despite him having absolutely no reciprocal feelings for the crazed loon!

7) 84ofWhatever - for her half-arsed attempt to get in the way of my disassembling of Dangerous Dunce, only to sell out and denounce him as a dunce in order to get her sticky mits on a copy of the PDF of the disassembly.

8) BubbaShrimp and Jtaylor for having the stupidty to accuse each other of being me and then doing an utterly appauling job of making it stick

9) Charlie Bint for buzzing around Dangerous Dunce like a ditzy (if not rather dumpy) 13 year old girl

10) You. Yes you who's reading this now. If you have the guts to ask me why I might tell you.

Me think the **** don't like you Puff

And I'm sure you losing a lot of sleep over it

We have lots of unmarked skodas down this way as well
Old 29 June 2006, 11:42 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Huxley
Me think the **** don't like you Puff

And I'm sure you losing a lot of sleep over it
Lo Hux, like you said m8