Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Fcuking Permits! Fcuking Goverment!

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2006, 02:12 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry ******* Permits! ******* Goverment!

We have 3 cars in the house and they put up Permits int he area after somehow comming to a conclusion 70% are up for it...when this was no way the case....

So we now have permits, £30 for the 1st car and £50 for there after!

I have a garage so thought id always keep my car in there, by my dad managed to convince me to spend money on a permit just incase i leave the car outside for any reason....this was a day after my brother got a Ticket and a Clamp all within 3mins, the time it took him to go into the house to grab a visitors permit to put in the car...

So no wi have sold my car, went to get my permit changed, and they were asking me for another £10! what to print off a new slip for me to put on my windscreen? Anyway...so i laughed at the women and walked out!

Its all about money money and more MONEY!

God these people pi$$ me off!!
Old 20 June 2006, 02:18 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Government need every penny they can get.

We are a small island, who's leaders spend like a superpower.
Old 20 June 2006, 02:22 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

In my opinion, any person who lives to some greater or lesser degree in seclusion from society is bound to attract the wrath of someone like yourself eventually
Old 20 June 2006, 02:25 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Apologies, I thought it read Hermits
Old 20 June 2006, 03:34 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Just be thankful you don't live in some Jap cities. There, unless you can PROVE you have off-street parking, you cannot own a car.

Actually, given the parking in the street behind us, that could be a good idea................

Alcazar
Old 20 June 2006, 03:45 PM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

Cheap if you ask me. I have a flat in Westminister, have underground parking in zone F / Clipstone street, £1600 a year.

On Street is about £200 now I think, not sure as I prefer underground.

SBK
Old 20 June 2006, 04:32 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

They will find any way they can to extract more money from us, and none of it is to improve things for the public.

Les
Old 20 June 2006, 04:38 PM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

Angry

my flat mate got a parking ticket. our road is permit parking too, we were waiting for them in the post but they were delayed as the council shut over christmas. despite a note in his window to this effect he still got a ticket. f*ckers.

last time i sent off a cheque for a parking ticket i wrote "your all cl_lnts" in red letters at the top of the cheque.

stupid but made me feel better!
Old 20 June 2006, 05:34 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

I'm surprised you didn't get a visit from the police investigating a "hate crime." We are getting well used to the concept of being investigated for thought crimes, hopefully those people who aren't worried about it are having all the right thoughts otherwise they will get a nasty shock.

Parking is a big thing in the UK at present with a lot of people making a lot of cash from it. It also fits nicely with the government's stated aim of removing access to socially divisive private transport. They have also signed up to attempt to move people out of suburban low density housing as such developments create a need for private cars. Once everyone lives in inner city high rise flats they can all get the bus.

I believe these strategies are doomed to failure, they will no more work in Europe than they did in Russian, but things are certainly uncomfortable for those of us fighting against the government. Remember, if you live in a rural area, or a suburban area, and/or you own a car you are fighting against government policy no matter what you might like to think or how you voted.
Old 20 June 2006, 05:55 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by lightning101
Apologies, I thought it read Hermits
Old 20 June 2006, 11:38 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My neighbour today who has a permit got a ticket and a Clamp! she was parked in the bay, however half the rear wheel was on a yellow line... Cost her £150 to get it removed!
Old 21 June 2006, 09:33 AM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by SamUK
My neighbour today who has a permit got a ticket and a Clamp! she was parked in the bay, however half the rear wheel was on a yellow line... Cost her £150 to get it removed!
Had a similar thng 'happening' a couple of months ago when I was leaving the house for work!! We have CPZ round where me and the missus live - we had been out the night before and when we got home (in her car) we parked it opposite our house .... on the end of one of the controlled parking areas.

As I'm leaving the house in the am there's a warden about to give it a ticket, even tho she has a permit on display in the window. I ask him/her (wasn't sure) why and they state that the rear wheels are just outsaide of the "parking area"

Told them to hang on.... went back into the house got the keys and pushed it forward all of half a foot so it was now fully inside the box....

Happy now? "Yes sir"!!!! Stupid *******