Traffic Cops

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2006, 10:01 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Traffic Cops

OMG how great was that?

Loads of arrogant chavvers getting pulled by the plod for no tax/mot/insurance etc and having their cars confiscated and crushed.

The coppers seemed genuinely happy too, they were saying for once they had powers with teeth - and weren't just giving up producers knowing the offenders would be laughing at them minutes later.

Quality.
Old 02 May 2006, 10:04 PM
cubby
Scooby Regular

Just seen it ..... the look on that chav woman with the red pug205 was funny as **** ....

About time the scum were removed from the road .....
Old 02 May 2006, 10:10 PM
Geddon
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Brilliant
Nice to know being in Hampshire
How gutting though being done for criminal damage to your own car! Lol
Did make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up though having had a little race with the very same Octavia RS (private road of course)

Its great to know they have the power now. They were exactly right - why should they get away with not paying and the legally obliging pick up the bill for their uninsured accidents.
Old 02 May 2006, 10:19 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Agreed, as they say driving isn't a right it's a privilege that most decent people have to pay for.

That woman with the 205 was well funny:

Copper: "so where have you just been in your car that's declared as SORN?"

Woman: "i've been picking my daughter up from dialysis at the hospital"

Copper: "oh really, via McDonalds eh?"

Woman (clutching McD's bags): "er, um, yeah, well she gets hungry after dialysis".

Copper: "i see - have you got a licence"

Woman: "yes"

Copper: "you sure?"

Woman: "er, well, no, I did have but then i got banned"

Copper: "yes, and being a provisional licence it's also expired long ago"

Woman: "duhhhh - dime bar".

Superb.

Last edited by Iwan; 02 May 2006 at 10:23 PM.
Old 02 May 2006, 10:19 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

The thing is the chavs sont "get it" they go on and on how am i going to afford to pay £105 and how can I pay £12 per day etc etc

They are to thick to realise they dont want them to pay it, they just want to crush the car.

Now if the amount of money that was dedicated to scamera vans and gatsos went on catching scabs/chavs in there uninsured cars im sure everyone would be much happier
Old 02 May 2006, 10:31 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

That ANPR system in the Octavia vRS was pretty impressive, you wouldn't want to be out and about in an uninsured/untaxed/unregistered car these days.

My ex was hit in her car by one of these unregistered/uninsured drivers, fortunately she wasn't hurt but she ended up having the car written off on her own insurance as he'd just given false details and "disappeared". The more of them off the road the better.
Old 02 May 2006, 10:52 PM
brumdaisy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iwan
That ANPR system in the Octavia vRS was pretty impressive, you wouldn't want to be out and about in an uninsured/untaxed/unregistered car these days.

My ex was hit in her car by one of these unregistered/uninsured drivers, fortunately she wasn't hurt but she ended up having the car written off on her own insurance as he'd just given false details and "disappeared". The more of them off the road the better.
going slightly off subject, why didnt her insurers pursue it with MIB - motor insurers bureau? Thats what mine did - my insurance therefore untouched thank ****
Old 02 May 2006, 10:59 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Not before time....
Old 03 May 2006, 11:08 AM
flat4
\m/ ^_^ \m/

Location: 2010 Time Attack Club Pro Champion - Powered by ScoobyClinic

best 30mins of TV i watched last night i usually watch those programmes and at the end of it feel aggrieved that the scum/chavs always seem to get away with murder, here's hoping it goes nationwide
Old 03 May 2006, 11:18 AM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

From 9pm on the same channel there was the 'life of grime programme' which was equally satisfying to watch as people were charged £50 for dropping a cigarette tab. A few people got done with that including one chap in a whistle who claimed to have never seen a poster or an advert relating to the litter fine fine, but happened to be stood next to a poster - lmao !

Then of course there was traffic cops. Loved the fact that these chav scum were getting their pride and joy crushed especially the dude with the tattoo sticker on his R19 16v
Old 03 May 2006, 11:21 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

I did me good to see scumbags get their just deserts for a nice change. The bag with he green conv Astra(I think) near the start got right stroppy and started having a go at the camera crew (typical Chav behaviour as it is not her fault but anybody else’s) and said " **** off etc "get the camera out of my face (pause, then sarcastically) do you want me to get my **** out or what?!?"
Copper "err no, no thanks!” (equally sarcastically)

Re the comments about the chav mum taking the child for Dyalisis, typical scumbags automatically lie through their teeth and use their kids as a defence - what hope do thier kids have?
Old 03 May 2006, 02:33 PM
NWMark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon!
The thing is the chavs sont "get it" they go on and on how am i going to afford to pay £105 and how can I pay £12 per day etc etc

They are to thick to realise they dont want them to pay it, they just want to crush the car.

Now if the amount of money that was dedicated to scamera vans and gatsos went on catching scabs/chavs in there uninsured cars im sure everyone would be much happier
totally agree but its much more profitable for the police to sit at the side of the road with a with a camera van and rake in £60 from every fine, with the only cost to them being the initial cost of the camera and a bit of admin to get the fine out.

Looking at the 205 driver, 30 mins police time, cost of tow truck, cost of crushing, admin for prosecuting the driver, court costs. and she got 6 points and £160 fine. i think the cost to the police was way more than that.

much profitable for them to do the camare thing unfortunately

Mark
Old 03 May 2006, 04:16 PM
Chris5-0
Scooby Regular

NWMark,

'Looking at the 205 driver, 30 mins police time, cost of tow truck, cost of crushing, admin for prosecuting the driver, court costs. and she got 6 points and £160 fine. i think the cost to the police was way more than that.'

'30 mins police time?' Thats what we get paid for!!

'Cost of tow truck? ' Paid for by scally if they go to pick car up otherwise taken out of value of scrap of car.

'Cost of crushing?' Again done by recovery who are all desperate to get on the scheme through the revenue it brings tehm (all those cars to strip!!)

'Admin for prosecution?' Same as for any other offence if not cheaper as it is a straight guilty plea/

'and she got 6 points and a £160 fine.' As well as loosing her car and having to pay the recovery, and getting the points on her licence (when she eventually gets one)

Just what was your point Mark?
Old 03 May 2006, 04:36 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Isn't the ANPR system a bit 'big brother' reallly?? Surely the SN Tory circle-jerk club should be up in arms that the government dare to implement something so intrusive??

Another thought: If carrying ID were to be made compulsory, then all these chavs who claimed only to have a bus ticket on them would get a fine for that too! It'd save a lot of police time as well...

All IMHO, of course.

Suresh
Old 03 May 2006, 04:37 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chris5-0
I think his point is that the police have entirely lost the support of the general public and are viewed as nothing more than revenue collectors for the state with little or now interest in upholding what the general public would consider to be the important elements of law and order.

You don't have to look far to see motoring examples and, in fact, such TV shows just highlight the problem as they are the only place that most people now see the police doing real traffic policing rather than just lurking in the bushes.

We also find a lady who, on radio 5, expressed the view that she personally was not keen on single sex couples adopting children being arrested and interrogated by police for a range of thought crimes. She was later released because, seemingly to the disappointment of the police, no one made a complaint about her remarks.

Now most people are aware that such a situation has been brought upon the police by their political masters but I would also say that most in society are also of the view that there is no longer a few bad apples but that the vast majority of officers on the ground now seem to be indoctrinated such that they see the generally law abiding moderate middle classes as their targets.

With these simple points and examples in mind it is easy to understand the frustrations of the general public with the police who can only turn out to catch criminals for the cameras.
Old 03 May 2006, 05:59 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

I don't think ANPR is very "big brother" really, it just does in a second or two what a copper would do over the radio anyway. When they pull you over they have already checked this info and know who the cars owner is, whether the car is taxed/insured etc. As a legal motorist (not talking about speeding here ) in my view the more cars/people the police can check with this system the better.

Folks on here gripe about how much their insurance/tax costs, so it does surprise me a little that more people aren't happy to see this sort of thing.
Old 03 May 2006, 06:07 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

I reported an RS Turbo being driven by a boy racer type recently. Got no response from the Police control room, the following day I rang and they said they had no staff to deal with it and wouldn't be following it up.

Met our local beat officer at a residents meeting later the same week and he's given me his mobile number and e-mail addy. I received an e-mail today to say he's tracked the car down and it is not insured or taxed but is SORN and currently off road. He's warned the driver it will be crushed if spotted on the road.
He's told me a picture of the car and driver will be enough to crush it so I have my camera ready.

Cheers
Lee
Old 03 May 2006, 07:12 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Top programe, It's about time these people learnt they cannot get away with it, In the words of the Policeman, If I have to pay my tax and insurance so should they I hope it goes nationwide.
Cheers
Colin
Old 04 May 2006, 10:19 AM
NWMark
Scooby Regular

'Looking at the 205 driver, 30 mins police time, cost of tow truck, cost of crushing, admin for prosecuting the driver, court costs. and she got 6 points and £160 fine. i think the cost to the police was way more than that.'

My point was about how much more money the police can make using camera vans, using a speed camera id have a guess they get more than one speeder per 30 mins.

'Cost of tow truck? ' Paid for by scally if they go to pick car up otherwise taken out of value of scrap of car.
my example was the 205 driver that didnt pay. and i doubt the value of that 205 at a scrappy would cover the towing costs.

'Cost of crushing?' Again done by recovery who are all desperate to get on the scheme through the revenue it brings tehm (all those cars to strip!!)
205 of that age not much money to be made from that.

'Admin for prosecution?' Same as for any other offence if not cheaper as it is a straight guilty plea/.
Not as straight forward as a NIP through the post

'and she got 6 points and a £160 fine.' As well as loosing her car and having to pay the recovery, and getting the points on her licence (when she eventually gets one)
losing her car is not money for the police, she never paid recovery, again no money in the points on her licence for the police, my point was about money made by the police.

My point was that its MUCH more profitable for the police to sit with a mobile speed camera than for a couple of hours and produce 10's or hundreds of speeding fines than get what? 2, 3 maybe 4 cars taken away in the same amount of time.

dont get me wrong i would love the police to do this more, they just dont, and i think general public perception would agree. Surely if they done this everyday like they do with mobile speed cams, removing uninsured, untaxed, un-MOT'd, un-licenced drivers from the road would make the roads much safer.

e.g. i live in a small borough with a population of just over 100K, our police force is split between two stations, and between them they have 4 mobile camera vans (plus cameras mounted on tripods but im sure this could of been pulled out the back of a van, no van to be seen though!) and the borough has at least 10 gatso sites that i know of. 5 years ago we had none.

now either a **** load of investment has paid for all these or they're paying for themselves and making money, im betting on the latter.

Mark

Last edited by NWMark; 04 May 2006 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04 May 2006, 10:22 AM
NWMark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoob99
Top programe, It's about time these people learnt they cannot get away with it, In the words of the Policeman, If I have to pay my tax and insurance so should they I hope it goes nationwide.
Cheers
Colin
that copper was a top bloke, came across very well in the program i thought.

Mark
Old 04 May 2006, 10:41 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

We used to have all traffic cops and no spying inaccurate speed cams. That was a big improvement as far as safety was concerned since they caught the insurance dodgers, drunks and unlicensed dangerous gits etc.

They were also prepared to use their own intelligence too and if you were skirting close to the line but not dangerously you might just get a bollocking which taught you to be more careful.

Les
Old 04 May 2006, 01:12 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris5-0
NWMark,

'Admin for prosecution?' Same as for any other offence if not cheaper as it is a straight guilty plea/

Cost to you and me the taxpayer when she flattens - mother, daughter, kids, innocent pedestrians..................

Mid and South Wales have the most Speed Cameras in the UK,377!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04 May 2006, 09:07 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

I watched something similar - 'West Country Bike Cops' or something on Bravo the other day; fell on my **** as they were doing speed traps in a >get this< RESIDENTIAL street!!!! Blooming marvellous! It was a typical legoland estate with lots of parked cars and narrow roads and they were nabbing speeding mums etc. Saw one done for 38mph when 25 would have been too much.

The common sense is out there where the political will exists - wonder if Brunstrom would ever consider such a revolutionary way of speed limit enforcement due to the low return [you only get to nab the stupid few that NEED and deserve to be nabbed here and in so doing genuinely protect the kids playing by their houses!]

D