Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Married persons tax allowance

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2006, 02:35 PM
Miss Kinky
Scooby Regular

Location: Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Married persons tax allowance

Does it still exist?

If it does how do you claim it?
Old 01 May 2006, 02:42 PM
anc-sti
Scooby Regular

Unless your over 71 I think your out of luck. They got rid a while back I think. Now you've gone and got married for nothing !
Old 01 May 2006, 02:49 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

PSL is in luck then
Old 01 May 2006, 02:52 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They binned this about 8 years ago, a whole year after I got married. Replaced it with childrens tax credits, so you have to have kids now instead.
Old 01 May 2006, 04:32 PM
Miss Kinky
Scooby Regular

Location: Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

not married yet.... (working on it!)

do have one of those kid things though.....
Old 01 May 2006, 04:36 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Miss Kinky
Well don't do it for the money then hey
Old 01 May 2006, 05:56 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

do have one of those kid things though.....
Should still qualify for tax credits then, marriage is not a pre-requisition for qualifying.
Old 01 May 2006, 06:21 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

No they snitched that one away from us too! The original family is no longer encouraged.

Les
Old 01 May 2006, 07:49 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Leslie
No they snitched that one away from us too! The original family is no longer encouraged.

Les
Tis becoming an outmoded concept!
Old 01 May 2006, 07:51 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be careful with the tax credits, they give it you and then demand it back, just a way of making you think you are getting something for nothing, everybody I know has been given it then had it snatched back, I reckon its all a cunning plan !
Old 01 May 2006, 08:03 PM
Miss Kinky
Scooby Regular

very reluctant to claim tax credits after everything i've heard on the news...
Old 01 May 2006, 08:07 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

very reluctant to claim tax credits after everything i've heard on the news...
One of my wifes friends had hers screwed up big time, they overpaid her approx £3k, but now she is repaying in installments. Now they have sorted it out they have given her the bacl dated payments of over £5k and about £250/week coz she's seperated.

I've been getting payments since the scheme started and they've never got it wrong once. You only here the bad news which is carmongering IMHO
Old 01 May 2006, 08:58 PM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JonMc
I've been getting payments since the scheme started and they've never got it wrong once. You only here the bad news which is carmongering IMHO
Is that when people start spreading a vicious rumor that someone is going to take your Scoob away ?
Old 02 May 2006, 11:45 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Einstein,

You are wrong in what you say. The family is by no means an outmoded concept. It always has been and still is the best way to bring up children. It has however been deserted for one reason or another and that has brought us the modern problems with dysfunctional children. So many children now are not being taught the meaning of discipline and respect for authority that is necessary if we are to live in a civilised society. The children feel they are entitled to do exactly what they want without any respect for other people.

If you would prefer to live in an anarchic society or under repressive rule, then you should continue to support this decaying and ineffective government which has done so much to destroy the family concept for its own selfish reasons.

Les
Old 02 May 2006, 05:45 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Bartop
Is that when people start spreading a vicious rumor that someone is going to take your Scoob away ?
Something like that, it's when the wife realises that the tax credit is paying for mods that she said you couldn't have in the first place.
Old 02 May 2006, 06:12 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Leslie
Einstein,

You are wrong in what you say. The family is by no means an outmoded concept. It always has been and still is the best way to bring up children. It has however been deserted for one reason or another and that has brought us the modern problems with dysfunctional children. So many children now are not being taught the meaning of discipline and respect for authority that is necessary if we are to live in a civilised society. The children feel they are entitled to do exactly what they want without any respect for other people.

If you would prefer to live in an anarchic society or under repressive rule, then you should continue to support this decaying and ineffective government which has done so much to destroy the family concept for its own selfish reasons.

Les

I said it is becoming an outmoded concept not it has become one. Not that this is something I approve of I hasten to add! In my youth (and it wasn't that long ago) there were very few single parent families and the vast majority of children had a balanced and stable environment. Now I am not castigating single parent families and most of them do a fabulous job bringing up children on their own. However I feel children need both parents for a balanced upbringing. The rise in single parent families ultimately has caused the family concept to be eroded (once again this is not an attack on single parents).More importantly discipline and respect is not taught at home and this has nothing to do with governments, but lax parenting. That said some children are led astray by wayward peers so the parents are not always to blame. What I always encourage within my family is to have at least one meal together a day. Excuse me if I have gone on a bit!