Dispatches - Undercover Copper last night

Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2006, 08:40 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dispatches - Undercover Copper last night

Did anyone see it.

Female cop went back onto the Leicestershire force after a 5 year break, she had served 11 years previous to leaving.

Some of it was shocking and dissapointing to say the least.

The cops seemed to be divided into two groups, those that did the job, cared about the public and protecting the public and their property properly and those that did not.

examples
Two cops supposed to be on motorway duty turned up at the undercover cops house for a coffee, one then proceed to try to show her some bestiality clips he had downloaded onto his mobile phone.
Call comes in of a woman beoing attacked, the two cops nearest to the assult where going off duty and did not resppond to the call someone else had to attend, it took them 5 mins to get there.
Playing hide and seek in parol cars at night.
Huge discounts from the local chinese, worked out all they had to pay was a £ 1.00 per head a proper take away meal rice, main, etc. The two cops who collected it took an hour and where booked out on urgent clerical duties. they made sure they stayed away from any areas known for trouble so they did not need to get involved!
Rape reported and SOCO not followed up as it was just a prostitute that had been raped.

Masaging the crime figures to meet government targets, the undercover cop used to work with rape victims, each one could take upto a week to deal with, quite understandably. She was taken aside and told she was not meeting her targets and would not get bonus if she did not meet them.
There are a few dodges for doing this, catch three shopplifters together, rather than just one booking book all three seperately so three instead of one, that is how gov't targets are being met!
There was much more and made grim watching.

Also how there was an issue with the CPS and it now being an 'us and them' approach as the CPS now decide whether to prosecute or not, they want all the paperwork trial ready before they decide, making a lot more work for the Police The CPS used to work alongside the Police but are now not seen in that light.
Someone from the CPS stated that the Police and CPS work hand in hand together and they are not at odds, well from my personal experience this is not he case;

In Jan 2004 we witnessed a teenager (with his two mates) violently attacked a car and tried to have a go at passers by and other moving vehicles and attempt kick in shop windows at 11.00am one morning - i called the police who where stationed 1/2 mile away from the incident - Welligborough Road for those who know Northampton.
Police responded after 20+ mins, and two additional call asking for them to attend, in the end i threatened to go and sort him myself if they did not do anything as i was concerned for passers by.
The Police eventually turned up threatened him with pepper spray, and took him away. I gave a statement.
The CPS decided not to go ahead, he said sorry and had had bad news, his ex was pregnant and his new girlfriend had dumped him so he got his dole cheque, got drunk and went on the rampage.
What did he get, a telling off!
The cops where as pissed off as i was!!!

Last edited by The Zohan; 28 April 2006 at 09:02 AM.
Old 28 April 2006, 08:51 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Wonder what they will say in their defence. I was appalled
Old 28 April 2006, 10:19 AM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Sent away for application this morning - £1 for a chinese
Old 28 April 2006, 10:21 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lightning101
Sent away for application this morning - £1 for a chinese
LOL!
You should fit right in then, i would have been up for it if it was curry however
Old 28 April 2006, 10:49 AM
pete1977
Scooby Regular

Wasnt really surprised to be honest.There are so many bad coppers out there now who really couldnt care less about their job.It doesnt really matter about the good coppers,its the bad ones who are giving the police a bad name and to be honest i cant really see it ever getting better,just worse.
Old 28 April 2006, 11:02 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Didn't see the programme, but how can you put targets on crime? The coppers will only go after the crimes that can be solved easily.... Oh, hang on, that's what's happening........
Old 28 April 2006, 11:13 AM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

This might be unfair as I know a fair few policemen.I don't think they have any incentive to do anything other than the absolute minimum then retire and take the pension.

Why should they care when catching a criminal doesn't mean they will get sorted by the justice system?

Sums it up that recent story about the knifeman holding a knife to an innocent girls throat.He was disabled by Tazer or whatever and now they have to have a 'full investigation'

Bring back life on Mars policing.Disable thug then disable him again in the back of the police van.Flippin *******.Policing is a waste of space without a pretty free hand
Old 28 April 2006, 05:46 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
Didn't see the programme, but how can you put targets on crime? The coppers will only go after the crimes that can be solved easily.... Oh, hang on, that's what's happening........
Sadly yes, this does seem to be the case with some.
Old 28 April 2006, 05:54 PM
Daniel-S
Scooby Regular

Was an eye-opener

Did disagree with her on one point

Moaning about Sophie Howard posters in the staffroom