Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Emigration ???

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2006, 08:08 AM
fatscoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emigration ???

Lately there seems to be a lot of peole on SNET asking about emigration to various countries.

Why is there an upsurge in people leaving the UK?What are the reasons?

I myself would love to go,but see it as a logistical nightmare.Even though me and the other half sem to score well in the points systems tests for various countries.

Is it just the promise of warmer climate or is there more to it?

Just interested to hear peoples thoughts.
Old 19 April 2006, 08:21 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Its not just SNET, on all the forums I visit theres often threads about emigrating.

The reasons are surely fairly obvious - people just dont see a positive future for the UK.

We have allowed massive immigration of unskilled people, many who dont like our culture, and are even unwilling to learn the language (this is probably the main problem to be honest).

Political correctness has gone beyond a joke here - no "bah bah black sheep" anymore, its "bah bah rainbow sheep" - hot cross buns are banned etc etc

Anyone trying hard to earn an honest living is taxed to death, yet those who live on benefits are increasingly well off.

Thanks to artificially low interest rates and massive immigration, housing has become stupidly expensive, so working couples cant afford to buy a house, settle down and start a family.

Few people have a decent pension - especially after Brown stole billions from pension funds to create yet more pointless public sector jobs - that will come back to bite in the future.

The list goes on! If you have skills, the UK isnt the place to be anymore.
Old 19 April 2006, 08:27 AM
TurboMav
BANNED

Originally Posted by fatscoobyfella
Lately there seems to be a lot of peole on SNET asking about emigration to various countries.

Why is there an upsurge in people leaving the UK?What are the reasons?

I myself would love to go,but see it as a logistical nightmare.Even though me and the other half sem to score well in the points systems tests for various countries.

Is it just the promise of warmer climate or is there more to it?

Just interested to hear peoples thoughts.

It is a logistical nightmare - but if it's something you want badly enough it's a case of just 'grin and bare it'.

There's numerous reasons for people wanting to leave Britain, better climate, family ties, better quality of life, job, or just a change of scenery. Life's too short mate and if an opportunity arises you've just gotta grab it by the nuts, do it and make the most of it

Cheers
Old 19 April 2006, 08:28 AM
fatscoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
Its not just SNET, on all the forums I visit theres often threads about emigrating.

The reasons are surely fairly obvious - people just dont see a positive future for the UK.

We have allowed massive immigration of unskilled people, many who dont like our culture, and are even unwilling to learn the language (this is probably the main problem to be honest).

Political correctness has gone beyond a joke here - no "bah bah black sheep" anymore, its "bah bah rainbow sheep" - hot cross buns are banned etc etc

Anyone trying hard to earn an honest living is taxed to death, yet those who live on benefits are increasingly well off.

Thanks to artificially low interest rates and massive immigration, housing has become stupidly expensive, so working couples cant afford to buy a house, settle down and start a family.

Few people have a decent pension - especially after Brown stole billions from pension funds to create yet more pointless public sector jobs - that will come back to bite in the future.

Pete,

There exactly the reasons i wanna go too,didnt want the PC bandwagon jumping on my head.Just wondered if other people were thinkin the same as me.I have been infamous for my "wayward" views before ya see.
Old 19 April 2006, 08:28 AM
TurboMav
BANNED

Couldn't agree more
Old 19 April 2006, 09:02 AM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

It's largely as a result of the massive equity gains people have made in the last few years due to rising house prices, which has given them more financial freedom and ulitmately independance.

The 'grass is always greener' mentality comes into play as well, although people will refuse to admit it but then you only have to look at the ONS statistics which show a large proportion of emigrants who return to the UK once they have realised it's not that bad.

Oz has a similar problem, with people complaining that it's turning into a Police state and that it's so far removed from the financial centres of the world. The amount of friends I've got in Oz who are considering immigrating to the UK is astounding considering their age but I keep telling them that their pursuit of utopia is misguided at best.

Emigration can work for many people but it also doesn't work for many others.
Old 19 April 2006, 09:50 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

That pretty much covers it for me, i leave the UK on the 7/8th May 2006
One of my sisters has just retired and now lives in France
the other one moved to Aus in the late 80's

Pete you did however not touch on a joke of a justice system, little or no respect, massive illegal immigant population that the government best guess is around 600,000, drugs & guns avaliable to anyone of any age pretty much anywhere. And a benefit system that rewards those who wish to have loads of kids and not work.
Old 19 April 2006, 09:58 AM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
That pretty much covers it for me, i leave the UK on the 7/8th May 2006
One of my sisters has just retired and now lives in France
the other one moved to Aus in the late 80's

Pete you did however not touch on a joke of a justice system, little or no respect, massive illegal immigant population that the government best guess is around 600,000, drugs & guns avaliable to anyone of any age pretty much anywhere. And a benefit system that rewards those who wish to have loads of kids and not work.
Agree with all Pete and Paul said.... shocking state of affairs that our grandfathers would no doubt be turning in their graves...
Old 19 April 2006, 10:33 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

And theres no mention of the growing police state we now live in! ID cards, biometric passports swingeing "aniti freedom" legislation CCTV everywhere, not to mention digital speed cameras and talivans.

How long will it be before dna, fingerprinting at birth and barcode tattoos. The reason for me wanting to leave is removal of thought and choice from the individual to state funded quangos and pc/gov't puppet police chiefs.