Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What Treadmill?

Search this Thread

Old 10 April 2006, 11:21 AM
gregjd
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Treadmill?

After the recent rowing/cycling machine thread can I ask the knowledgable folks on here what I should be looking at in the way of a treadmill and how much I need to spend?

Yes I know it's probably cheaper to join a gym with all the best kit etc but with 2 young kids it's hard to fit this in at the moment. We're also out in the sticks these days and there's not a decent gym nearby. My knees find running on the streets tough but can handle a treadmill OK.

There's plenty for sale on Ebay and stacks of web retailers but I'm struggling to know which makes/models are best, and who provides a decent service. It would be me and the missus using it once a day. Good build quality and a decent cushioned surface are more important to me than fancy programs / LCD's etc. I tend to set it at a decent lick with a slight incline for about 20-30 mins a day.

Ideally I'd like to spend as little as possible (£500-£600?.. would even consider a 2nd hand one) but I've been told I won't get anything that's any good for less than a grand?