Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

SKY TV

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2006, 07:57 AM
paulpaulpaul
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SKY TV

Hi im moving soon and as all best deals are saved for new SKY TV clients I was wondering if I could cancel Sky in my name at the current house and take out the subscription in my wifes name, Anybody done a similar thing ?
Old 03 April 2006, 08:00 AM
Big Daz
Scooby Regular

I was wondering the same thing, I move house in 8 weeks & dont want to pay the £40 for moving/new dish, Cancelling & taking out a new subscription would mean a shiney new box too

Old 03 April 2006, 11:07 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

If your initial agreed subscription period has expired, what's to stop you doing it even in your name?

If you cancel sky now, it's not exactly business sense for them to refuse to take you back on as a new customer even at the same address some time in the future. The only disadvantage to some people is if you take out a new subscription, you're tied in for the first year.

When I moved to my current address, there was a sky dish already installed. I plugged in my box, found there was a signal, and phoned sky and offered them two options:
1)let me continue to pay you £40/month for the full package running on my existing dish, with no "installation fee" for just changing my address on your computer whilst I use a perfectly good dish that's already there,
or
2)let me cancel my subscription, you'll get no money from me and I pay someone else for a cable connection.
Guess which option they chose?
Old 04 April 2006, 10:23 AM
gregjd
Scooby Regular

We did this. It worked OK but we didn't save that much (the Sky+ box came down in price anyway at the time when we moved). They also gave us the spanis inquisition over the phone I seem to remeber. I note they seem to have "Welcome Back To Sky" BT-stylee offers to win customers back now.