Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What is it with BMW drivers!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2006, 09:19 AM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry What is it with BMW drivers!?!

Driving into work this morning and i'm approaching a mini roundabout. I signal to turn right nice and early and with no cars at the roundabout I cross the give-way lines and begin to turn the wheel. Whilst doing this an old 5 series BMW is approaching the roundabout. I make eye contact as I'm almost over the centre of the roundabout and Mr BMW continues across without even attempting to stop so I brake to avoid the inevitable. I look across at him and as he passes he looks over and smirks. WTF!?! Why are certain people like this. They just dont seem to give a monkeys and even when they are totally in the wrong dont give two hoots. I thought "you feckin moron" and carried on my journey to work. Luckily I wasnt on the bike otherwise things might have been different
Old 03 February 2006, 09:31 AM
danwrx1980
Scooby Regular

obviously a d1ck mate, don't let it upset you too much, there are plenty about.
Were you in your scoob?
If so that might be why he played the game.
Just wanted to feel good about himself for a mo before he went back to his dreary self loathing little life.
Old 03 February 2006, 09:48 AM
MJW
Scooby Senior

It's not BMW drivers per se its statistics & *********. There are more BMWs on the road than Ford Mondeos therefore the likelihood of a ******** driving a BMW is quite high. Similarly the likelihood of a non-******** driving a BMW is also high. You were just unlucky
Old 03 February 2006, 10:05 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had similar with a Mondeo, its just more annoying when its a BMW as they just project ego.
Old 03 February 2006, 10:41 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
I had similar with a Mondeo, its just more annoying when its a BMW as they just project ego.
OMG LMAO why do you think this? If a bmw driver behaves well in front of you, do you assume they must be ill or something

oh, scoob drivers, all max power boy racers.
Old 03 February 2006, 11:21 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by Dracoro
OMG LMAO why do you think this? If a bmw driver behaves well in front of you, do you assume they must be ill or something

Well, now you mention it....
Old 03 February 2006, 11:35 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry to rain on your parade, but you are supposed to go around a rournd about, not over the centre
Old 03 February 2006, 11:44 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I had a Subaru drivers do that to me.

And a "new" MINI driver. (why do they drive them like an "old" mini...they are twice as big therefore can't fit in the spaces they try to go for in traffic )

Not to mention the Audi TT drivers.

Then there's the worst - Xantia drivers

Rule: can't blame the car
Old 03 February 2006, 12:00 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Course you can blame the car - if you secretly want one
Old 03 February 2006, 12:23 PM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"

Originally Posted by jonc
Sorry to rain on your parade, but you are supposed to go around a rournd about, not over the centre
Lol. I was explaining the situation in laymans terms. If I had explained that I was negotiating the raised central thermoplastic island on the roundabouts circulatory carriageway, it would have been a bit too techie . Needless to say I was going "round" the roundabout rofl.

DanWRX1980, I wish. Just a run of the mill (totally standard) Ford Focus i'm afraid.

I was a bit narked earlier this morning but all chilled now
Old 03 February 2006, 12:36 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dracoro

oh, scoob drivers, all max power boy racers.
Pretty much sums the whole subject up.

Old 03 February 2006, 12:39 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

I do not believe BM drivers have the monopoly TBH.

...Been cut up and shat on by drivers of most makes of car!
Old 03 February 2006, 12:51 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Not to cast doubt on anyones stories here, but its seems its always the other drivers fault. Has anyone on here been that other driver?
Old 03 February 2006, 01:08 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Well I drive a BMW, which is my pride and joy, as was my classic STi before that.

Very unfair to tar all BMW drivers with the same brush just because you got cut up by one ***** who happened to be driving one.

Les
Old 03 February 2006, 01:12 PM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Well I drive a BMW, which is my pride and joy, as was my classic STi before that.

Very unfair to tar all BMW drivers with the same brush just because you got cut up by one ***** who happened to be driving one.

Les
Same here, I drive the worst type (a cab ) and get cut up by all makes of car, even other BMWs
Old 03 February 2006, 01:15 PM
Burt
Scooby Regular

don't tar all drivers the same mate...you can be a d1ck in any car
Old 03 February 2006, 01:31 PM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Lets just say Woking as an awfull lot of badly driven old BMW's They're rife round here.
Old 03 February 2006, 02:04 PM
New_scooby_04

My blacklist (meant lightheartedly, but with more than a grain of truth)

1. Corsa drivers! Invariably complete tosser's who think think that their 1.2 wheeze-matic with an exhaust that makes the opening of the channel tunnel look small and the Blitz Nur spec seem restrained is, in point of fact, the fastest car this side of F1. When your ***** finally drop you'll look back on your period of chav'd up corsa ownership and think: "Sheeeet, I drove a girl's car!!!"

2. Nova drivers. See above. Plus, at least a standard corsa is a perfectly inoffensive car; a Nova really is a POS that should have be cast into a pit of flaming oil as soon as it rolled off the production line. Note to becapped occupants of Nova, it doesn't matter what you do it it; it's still sh*t and your GF is seeing a real man with a car not lusted after by old ladies and driving school instructors behind your back. Oh, and your cap makes you look 12 years old.

3. BMW drivers, specifically the owners of older series 316s and 318s. You know the kind, "I simply must have a BMW even if it's about to expire and could be outdragged by a skip". Then I'll drive as if I own the road and everyone on it: no one shall be permitted to overtake, nor pull out of a junction or roundabout before me. I will race off every set of lights to prove that my Barvaian tank wth a blender for an engine is capable of moving at speeds greater than that at which continental drift occurs. I will pretend not to be embarassed by the fact that, for the same money, I could have had a perfectly good car with luxuries like a stereo, seats.....wheels all as standard equipment. BTW your Ralph Lauren shirt is impressing no-one; it's made in a sweat shop in Peckham for about 20p.....near the place where you get your dodgy MOTs done.

4. SUVs You bast**ds, why?????

5. Mondeo/Vectra man. Just cause you get your car serviced and repaired for free and care less about it than most of us do about Chantelle off Big brother, doesn't mean the rest of us hold our cars in similar contempt! LOOK WHERE YOU'RE F**KING GOING!!

6. Anyone with "baby on board" signs. Crashing isn't elective; you don't deliberately aim for the chap in the Rover on the basis that "well he's had a good innings" Most of them are in such poor fonts that you have to get closer to the vehicle in question to read the notice, which is counter productive!

7. Bikers. You don't have 1 and a half tons of steel around you, so stop driving like you've just been granted eternal life!!

That's it for now....I feel so much better

Last edited by New_scooby_04; 03 February 2006 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03 February 2006, 02:25 PM
Foot_Tapper
Scooby Regular

I either see something of some description or it happens to me every day, without fail !!
Pullin out in front, cutting in/up, non indicators;
pulling in front of you, into your safety zone; when there was acres behind you.
pull out with loads of time and the car behind start to accelerate towards you flashing !! WTF
It is in fact just a percentage of drivers generally who hate another car being in front of them , or who cant be arsed to wait 3 seconds.
Old 03 February 2006, 02:35 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

regular drive into work every day is about 30 miles each way.
and what used to upset and get me mad, now I just dont bother. occasionaly i lose the plot, but it never gets you anywehere, apart from making you feel better.
You did the wise thing and just vent your frustration in words not action.
I find doing 30 secs of fecking bollocking *******ing swearing always help followed by turning on smooth fm to chill me out
Old 03 February 2006, 05:07 PM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
My blacklist (meant lightheartedly, but with more than a grain of truth)

1. Corsa drivers! Invariably complete tosser's who think think that their 1.2 wheeze-matic with an exhaust that makes the opening of the channel tunnel look small and the Blitz Nur spec seem restrained is, in point of fact, the fastest car this side of F1. When your ***** finally drop you'll look back on your period of chav'd up corsa ownership and think: "Sheeeet, I drove a girl's car!!!"

2. Nova drivers. See above. Plus, at least a standard corsa is a perfectly inoffensive car; a Nova really is a POS that should have be cast into a pit of flaming oil as soon as it rolled off the production line. Note to becapped occupants of Nova, it doesn't matter what you do it it; it's still sh*t and your GF is seeing a real man with a car not lusted after by old ladies and driving school instructors behind your back. Oh, and your cap makes you look 12 years old.

3. BMW drivers, specifically the owners of older series 316s and 318s. You know the kind, "I simply must have a BMW even if it's about to expire and could be outdragged by a skip". Then I'll drive as if I own the road and everyone on it: no one shall be permitted to overtake, nor pull out of a junction or roundabout before me. I will race off every set of lights to prove that my Barvaian tank wth a blender for an engine is capable of moving at speeds greater than that at which continental drift occurs. I will pretend not to be embarassed by the fact that, for the same money, I could have had a perfectly good car with luxuries like a stereo, seats.....wheels all as standard equipment. BTW your Ralph Lauren shirt is impressing no-one; it's made in a sweat shop in Peckham for about 20p.....near the place where you get your dodgy MOTs done.

4. SUVs You bast**ds, why?????

5. Mondeo/Vectra man. Just cause you get your car serviced and repaired for free and care less about it than most of us do about Chantelle off Big brother, doesn't mean the rest of us hold our cars in similar contempt! LOOK WHERE YOU'RE F**KING GOING!!

6. Anyone with "baby on board" signs. Crashing isn't elective; you don't deliberately aim for the chap in the Rover on the basis that "well he's had a good innings" Most of them are in such poor fonts that you have to get closer to the vehicle in question to read the notice, which is counter productive!

7. Bikers. You don't have 1 and a half tons of steel around you, so stop driving like you've just been granted eternal life!!

That's it for now....I feel so much better
I'm sure you do!!!!!!!!!
Old 04 February 2006, 09:55 AM
TDT
Scooby Regular

Had one last night!

Old 5 series BMW pull out on me last night when I was no more than 25 metres from a junction. Best part was he flicked me the bird as he did it!

He now knows exactly how quickly a 7 litre W12 accelerates
Old 04 February 2006, 10:08 AM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

I drive an X5, Satan of the road. Why can't other road uses just learn that BMW drivers have the right of way regardless of road signs, the third and forth lane is exclusively for us and there is never a need to indicate as all other drivers should pull over and wait for us to pass. There is nothing worse than some pesky Impreza driver hogging the third lane trying to impress me with his 80-100 time when I'm listening to Terry with cruise on.

All villages have idiot drivers regardless of the badge its just you notice the BM's as you all aspire to owning an X5 or M3 one day.

Last edited by Scooby-Doo; 04 February 2006 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04 February 2006, 10:42 AM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby-Doo
I drive an X5, Satan of the road. Why can't other road uses just learn that BMW drivers have the right of way regardless of road signs, the third and forth lane is exclusively for us and there is never a need to indicate as all other drivers should pull over and wait for us to pass. There is nothing worse than some pesky Impreza driver hogging the third lane trying to impress me with his 80-100 time when I'm listining to Terry with cruise on.

All villages have idiot drivers regardless of the badge its just you notice the BM's as you all aspire to owning an X5 or M3 one day.

Old 04 February 2006, 10:49 AM
Rabid
BANNED

PMSL@ aspiring to own an X5.

I drive a BMW myself and can't think of anything worse than the X5. Image wise it ranks with wearing fur or an 'I'm a paedophile' T-shirt. Drive wise it's an 5 series on stilts with worse fuel economy.

Probably right about the M cars though.