Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anybody commute from Northampton to Maidenhead or vise versa

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2005, 06:20 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anybody commute from Northampton to Maidenhead or vise versa

I am looking at a job in Maidenhead. Autoroute shows an 80 mile journey via the m40. I do not see a viable rail option so wondered if anyone has dopne this journey on a regular basis.

Any thoughts???
Old 18 October 2005, 07:13 PM
LostUser
Scooby Regular

I drive from near Maidenhead to Uxbridge every day via M40. It's a consistent 30 minutes going that way. Going the other way would take slightly longer as you'll hit the traffic on the A404.

I drove from Uxbridge to Northampton the other morning and that took almost exactly an hour.

So that's 1 hour 30 mins on a good day. With a journey involving the M25 and the M1 I wouldn't expect a good day too often.

HTH
Old 19 October 2005, 09:32 AM
Scott W
Scooby Regular

Paul I go down the A404 heading towards the M40 from Maidenhead head and every morning the traffic is always backed up at the Bisham Abbey roundabout and it goes past the Marlow junction. When I go home I get on at the Marlow junction and it takes me roughly 15 minutes or so of slow moving clutch control type driving to get to the roundabout, so I would hazard a guess that you will be even longer.

Also, a work colleague told me yesterday that there are now signs up at the Cressex Roundabout which is the exit of the M40 for the A404 saying that there will be roadworks here until December 2006. This roundabout can be a PITA in the morning at the best of times and with these roadworks due to happen I would be looking for alternative routes to Maidenhead (of which there aren't many easy ones for you).
Old 19 October 2005, 01:45 PM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"

You can come off the M40 at the Stokenchurch exit and take local roads (B482) which take you through Marlow Town Centre, over the River Thames and brings you out on the A404 at the Bisham Abbey Roundabout. Doing the journey before 8am is ok most of the time but the evening peak might be difficult through Marlow Town Centre. Mt brother does this route every day from Chinnor to Bracknell and says its about an hour each way.

Last edited by prodriva; 19 October 2005 at 01:48 PM.